RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RTP-Only Challenge!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o

RTP-Only Challenge!

*No imported resources, scripts, or anything! Not even if you're using the RTP graphics to make the new graphics.
*The only exception to this is Title Screens. You can make your own Title Screen, but that's all.
*Event script calls are allowed. Just do NOT import your own scripts or edit any of the game's default scripts. You can only event script call to the default scripts in the maker, pretty much.
*If using VXAce, the character generator off-limits.
*No parallax mapping.
*RPG Maker only, btw. :p
*The goal is to complete making a quick game!
*There's no set dates or anything like that yet. You can start whenever!
*Post your progress on this thread. B)

If anyone wants to join in and challenge themselves, then you're more than welcome!

Challengers:

*yuyubabe
*Dr. Mc
*Lord Stark
*Exhydra
*Jesus Christ (Anski)
*Acolyte
*IAMFORTE
*Octavia
*Strike_Reyhi
*Yeyinde
*Lige
*OrigamiRose
*bluntsword
*Ryosis
*cozziekuns
*LoganF
*Geekman
*YellowPepper
*EvilM00s - Astralis: The Breaking of the Ancient Seal
*CzarDragon
*Malson
*Zinc
*Spirit
*Gufi
*Akatharsia

Challengers: 23
Complete: 1
Withdraws: 2
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:30:24 AM by Queen yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You can sign me up, if you want.
Also, make me a mod.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Melodramatic romance game...HERE I COME!

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

*edit*

*edit again*

« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 03:17:18 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Sure, I'll do something quick as a break. I even have a name ... well, if I can get it to work without scripts.

Rocket Propelled Guardian (RPG)

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awww yea! B) Welcome to the challenge, broddah!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
SIGN ME UP
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
OH NO. An immortal godlike being?? We're dommed!!!!!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Awesome. Count me in.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Both added ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Can we at least make our own title screen?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Hmmm...what maker are you using? RMVXAce has a ton of title screen images. =o

I'm thinking about at least allowing people to use resources from the other makers, but not sure if that takes away from the challenge or not.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
,ale m,e a ,pd mpa pr o
ll burn the biglin down
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
We can make animations using RTP graphics, right?

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
We can make animations using RTP graphics, right?

What kinda animations? =o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Like, skill or battle animations within RPG Maker. I suppose that technically counts as an imported resource, maybe? Even with using the RTP graphics.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Like, skill or battle animations within RPG Maker. I suppose that technically counts as an imported resource, maybe? Even with using the RTP graphics.

Hmmm...I hate to say it, but I guess that kinda would count as an imported resource. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
Ah well, I'll find a different way to display the same effect.

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Well I will try this, too. ;) (\s/)
But this time I can concentrate me on the core. ;D
Starting later and maybe I will post the one or other picture/video of it. ;)

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
What about cobbling together rtp tilesets from the same maker? To make a larger tileset, does it still count as an imported resource?

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
why the hell not, I could make something with rtp.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
What about cobbling together rtp tilesets from the same maker? To make a larger tileset, does it still count as an imported resource?

That's fine. Nothing wrong with that, because the tilesets are already a part of the maker's RTP. :p As long as the tilesets aren't edited, I have no problem with anyone tacking some of their maker's RTP ones together.

Octavia & Strike been added to the list =o Good luck, guys!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
I'm making teh beast game evar. Okey?

EDIT: I just realized, when we give our game to the person judging it, it'll only be like 10mb.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:38:20 PM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&