RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RTP-Only Challenge!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Conveniently this also works in XP My mind is blown

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I didn't know that, either. o_o Holy cow, I may just have to try that. Thanks, Exhydra! :)

Event script calls to the rescue! ;o;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Did you know you can move events (and players) fractional squares? I did not, until today!

Is it possible to do relative?
Like, move 0.5 relative to current location?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Is it possible to do relative?
Like, move 0.5 relative to current location?

Sure, you just need to nab the current X and Y value of the event to modify first, though.

Code: [Select]
gmE  = $game_map.events[9]
gmE.moveto(gmE.x + 0.5, gmE.y + 0.5)

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Hmmm...this?

or this?

ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2013 Most Promising ProjectParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
Dwarves can sleep on floors!

Also, a little trick with your lamp event on the table over there ... if you go into the movement settings, change it to 'Custom' and wiggle the opacity from 225 to 255 with a wait of five frames in between, it makes the lamp glow seem animated.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:21:33 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dwarves can sleep on floors!

Haha, they actually get placed by party order. :p but I can always set specific places for them to sleep, instead. Maybe I'll give Deeva back her precious pink bed, make the 2 guys sleep at the foot (sitting up), and Hurl (the dwarf) can sleep off to the side. :V

...I'm putting so much thought into this, lol.

Also, a little trick with your lamp event on the table over there ... if you go into the movement settings, change it to 'Custom' and wiggle the opacity from 225 to 255 with a wait of five frames in between, it makes the lamp glow seem animated.

...Another great idea. ;_; Thank you!
*Edit* Do you also use "Stepping Animation" with the fire? Or just the opacity?
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 04:32:36 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 82
...I'm putting so much thought into this, lol.

No such thing as too much polish. Polish just adds ... time.  Lots of time. Of this I know. ;o

*Edit* Do you also use "Stepping Animation" with the fire? Or just the opacity?

Yeah, you can use 'Stepping Animation', just set the Speed to 'x8' and the Frequency to 'Highest' and it will look alright. But, with 'Stepping Animation', you might want to lower the opacity to 200 so the difference is noticeable over the animation.

EDIT: x8 Slower, that is.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:04:23 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
Room for two, inspired by yuyu's images.  Each alive member of the party gets their own bed.  I say alive, because sleep doesn't cure death. :3

Rep:
Level 64
Looking good, everyone. Thus far, I like what I'm seeing. I'll share my noobness with you all. #generosity

Spoiler for Eh 1:

Introduction

Not sure if I like the blue names on the blue window... Hard on the eyes.

Spoiler for Eh 2:

Part of a rundown village.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Spoiler for:
I prefer the one I quoted in the spoiler, looks better for me. I'm so lazy in the moment, I only made the first map so far. :(
I just don't know what's wrong with me.
But you all got such amazing mapping skills.

Rep:
Level 82
I am really just too focused on my other project to really devote time to an RTP-only game. So, I suppose I could be a judge. Or, I suppose 'reviewer' would be a better title, as there is no real contest.

EDIT: Also Yuyu, if you copy the lamp event, moving it up one square, change the blending to 'Add' and toggle the opacity between 100 and 125, the lamp on the table will appear to be reflecting off of the mirror.

I'll hush up now. I am focused on my project. Really, I am ...
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 07:15:24 PM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I am really just too focused on my other project to really devote time to an RTP-only game. So, I suppose I could be a judge. Or, I suppose 'reviewer' would be a better title, as there is no real contest.

Awww. ;9 I guess I'll cross out your name on the list, for now.

EDIT: Also Yuyu, if you copy the lamp event, moving it up one square, change the blending to 'Add' and toggle the opacity between 100 and 125, the lamp on the table will appear to be reflecting off of the mirror.

Spoiler for:

Wow! Thanks for yet another tip! :D You sure know your stuff. [:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Double-posting to share Acolyte's thread, in case you haven't seen it yet:

http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,48189.0.html

Just be wary of what's an added script (not allowed), and what's just an event call to the default scripts (allowed).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 03:05:43 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Does anybody know how to make a song play again?

Map's song = SongA
My battle system Starts (Made it with events) = SongB plays
Battle end = I can either lets SongB continue to play, or just turn off the music.

Is there a way to tell it to just play the map's song?

EDIT: >_>
Sorry if this is confusing.
I'll try to think of how I could explain this in simpler less confusing terms.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
Does it not resume playback automatically in VXA?
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
With a normal battle, yes. I made my own battle system with events. You never leave the map.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
The battles are completely evented? There may not be a way, in that case, because VXA only remembers one song at a time. You can have it pause your music for the frame of the event, but it won't let you play another and then resume to the first one.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 82
Spoiler for:
You can either save the BGM information to a variable (which is what the 'Replay' option does, anyway), or if you have music that automatically starts with the map, you can call that.

# Save Current BGM
$game_variables[55] = RPG::BGM.last

# Play Saved BGM
# BGM Continues from Last Available Point
$game_variables[55].replay

# Or ...

# Play Assigned Map BGM
# BGM Starts Over
$game_map.autoplay

# Check Name of Current BGM
RPG::BGM.last.name

EDIT: Oh, I thought you were going through three different songs. The way you worded the request confused me. You could just use the Save BGM and Replay BGM option without touching any script, too (if you are using VXA).

As a side note, VX and lower can still save RPG::BGM to a variable and use '.play' ($game_variables[55].play; does not save position).

EDIT II : Actually, scratch all of that. Just use BattleManager to do all the work for you.

# Save BGM and BGS
BattleManager.save_bgm_and_bgs

# Replay BGM and BGS
BattleManager.replay_bgm_and_bgs

# Play Battle Music
BattleManager.play_battle_bgm

# Play Battle Victory Music
BattleManager.play_battle_end_me

# On Battle ...
BattleManager.save_bgm_and_bgs     # Save BGM and BGS Position
BattleManager.play_battle_bgm     # Play Battle BGM

# On Victory ...
BattleManager.play_battle_end_me     # Victory Theme
BattleManager.replay_bgm_and_bgs     # Replay BGM and BGS
« Last Edit: August 27, 2013, 11:28:07 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
Wow! Thanks for yet another tip! :D You sure know your stuff. [:
Well, I know, I'm not really good at this. ;)
But it looks better in my oppinion, I don't know, if it's "right" or "wrong", because that will only know the editor of the event. ;)
Well other could only tell you what looks better so far. The only one who really knows what is right is the creator itselfelf. ;)

So far this is my first map, I'm working on it and polish it. But well how should I say, it's an alpha or beta maybe. ;) (\s/)

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
The houses could use some more variance. Check out this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hkdlC_PhU7Q

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
For such a big map, it's really empty and lacks of detail. Go for smaller maps with more detail rather then big, empty maps. And it's also to much straight lines :-)

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Obligatory RPG Box push Puzzle  But there's no puzzle, just boxes

Two questions, Is it apparently obvious which boxes can be pushed? Second, do the lights seem too bright?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Would it be allowed to make icons into pictures?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Would it be allowed to make icons into pictures?

I want to say that's technically *not* allowed, because I think I remember Exhydra asking a similar question about using sprites for animations. I'm ultimately not very sure on that, though. I'm just steering away from pictures, to be on the safe side. D:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]