RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] Major Arcana

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o

Current Demo: 2.0 (Download Below)

About

Spoiler for:
    The genius minds of yuyubabe and Dr Mc. (Pacman helped too :V) collaborated in GIAW 9 to create a game that would knock the pants off everyone. Unfortunately, Zylos and some other awesome dudes had that idea too. So, we came 4th. But that's not bad. We're content with that score. We've now decided to make the entrance public, and continue expanding on the game. :D
    The initial idea was yuyubabe's: a game about a series of connected special cards that govern the life of a selected individual, who had a greater fate than he could've expected. However, [Pacman] suggested a slight twist that gives the game a whimsical nature: the main character being a lovable mascot we should all recognize.

Story

Spoiler for:
    Our Hero, Cory Martin, lives a life of uncertainty and disrespect. Things just seem to get worse for him once he's fired from his local job on a farm. During his search for new work, Cory hastily accepts a task by the King: retrieving the Major Arcana. The Major Arcana are magical cards, numbered 0-21. At first, Cory doesn't believe in the magic these fortune telling cards possess. But soon enough, he discovers that the cards themselves dictate his fate, and he is forced to experience the story of each card in his real life. Cory must collect the 22 total cards to be free of the curse. Should he cease to collect the cards, the events of his own life will cease to continue, and will be stuck in the atmosphere of the last card he collected, until he moves forward.

Characters

Spoiler for:
    Demo playable characters:

Cory Martin
    The hero of our story, Cory Martin. He can not recall a time when he was not disrespected by the villagers in Pacedemia. The cold, uncaring faces shine no light of hope on this misunderstood lad. Should he not lose hope, someday the Major Arcana will make him a great hero. His parents died when he was very young, and he was taken in by Bobby, the only person who seems to respect him. As he has grown older, he returns the favor by taking up a job to help his disabled roommate.

Tyler Morton
    The local apothecary around Pacedemia, a true ladies' man and loyal friend to those who are stupid enough to get to know him. Tyler is dragged in to Cory's quest when he requires an extra set of hands to get through an arduous task.

Ashley Ricke
    We don't learn much about this spunky magician, aside from that she is separated from her lover by events beyond her control. Out of her own kindness and having nothing else to do, she helps Cory chase after an important person. We will learn more about Ashley and her lover as the story goes on.

NPCs thus far:
    Not all of these will stay NPCs ;o

Bobby Richeson
    Cory's house mate and best friend, Bobby took Cory in when nobody else would, seeing the potential to change a troublemaker's ways. Over the years, Bobby became a sort of father to Cory, offering him advice and ensuring his survival. Bobby took care of Cory for years, but once his sight began to deteriorate Cory decided to return the favor by working at the local farm. Bobby is the only person who truly understands Cory, and appreciates him for who he is.

King Tim
    Don't be fooled by this youth's cute face. You're looking at the King of Pacedemia himself. Be sure to bow before him and give him your utmost respect, because this firecracker won't settle for less. Well, he might if he's in a good mood.

Queen Mariah
    The King picked this lovely bride shortly after he was crowned. Sure, she's older then him, but does he care? Nope. She's a mysterious woman, and not much of a people-person, either.

Seamus
    The King's stone-faced Advisor. He's one calm and collected dude, and always manages to come across as friendly. The ladies love this guy, but he only has time for studies. Rarely is he seen outside of his chambers, where he drowns himself in his books.

The Fortune Teller
    She's pretty quirky for a fortune teller. But, she is a fortune teller, nonetheless. She almost seems to enjoy keeping secrets from our hero, and cherishes mysterious scenes. This lady really gets into her job.

Screenshots
    Spoiler for:

Features

Spoiler for:
    Stuff already added:
    • Craft system for Weapons & Armors (similar to Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles
    • A "stance" class-change system for the main hero to swap between Warrior, Rogue, Healer, Mage (similar to Kingdom Hearts 2?)
    • Even more pancakes ;o
    • Main hero "phoenix"? When the main hero dies, he will be revived with 1hp after the battle.
    • Lots of sexy Malson-made music
    • Game lore stocked around in the bookshelves
    • Many characters & classes (that build up as the game continues, of course)
    • New skills (or possibly items?) acquired from gaining each sacred Major Arcana card
    • Healing items are food. Potions and elixers are way too overused, man. ;o And the game has a taste of "rural" in it's flavor.
    • Calm, serene maps. Cause the RTP colors can sometimes hurt your eyes.
    Stuff not yet added (or stuff not in the demo):
    • Main hero can change classes mid-battle, with a cooldown
    • "Stance Master" - a guy who improves Cory's special skills per stance, based on what level that particular class is.
    • Warp system - because traveling between towns on foot can get kinda annoying.
    • Bobby (HaloOfTheSun) becomes the game's "navi". He'll be just a call away! (Using magic crystals of course, because phones don't exist in Major Arcana's setting. Why? Because I say so :mad:)
    • Exp. for reading books. This is maybe, because there's a lot of books and gaining 1,000 levels off of reading is kinda weird. :mad:

Possible Future Characters:

Spoiler for:
    Note: Some of these characters are not confirmed or planned out yet. D: We may add more, depending on how the game progresses. These are just ideas. ;o (Green = already created)
    • Malson (Chris)
    • HaloOfTheSun (Bobby)
    • Strike (John)
    • Anski (Andreas?)
    • LadyJ (Jules)
    • Gracie (Gracie lol)
    • NAMCKOR (Drew)
    • Threeofspades (Guin)
    • Roph (Paulie? PAULIE.)

The Team

Spoiler for:
    • yuyubabe - Story, graphics, eventing and mapping. Project leader ;)
    • Pacman - Database, scripts, minor eventing, music. yuyubabe's loyal servant :3
    • Dr. Mc - Graphics, mapping. She do what she want *snap*
    • Malson - Planner, music. yuyubabe's loving whatever.
    • Sol of FallFromEden - Proofreader. :)

Thanks

Spoiler for:
    • Enterbrain (ORLY)
    • Mack
    • Modern Algebra (<3)
    • Yanfly (also <3)
    • Celianna
    • Lunarea
    • Molnarpal (DeviantArt)
    • Corrine Kenner and John J. Blumen
    • Natsume
    • Acolyte
    • Zylos
    • Woratana
    • Modern Algebra again
    • Malson - he's on the team, but he needs an extra thanks, anyways (:
    • Everyone who we're using as characters (Irock, HaloOfTheSun, Doctor Sword)

Download
    Download the demo (Current: 2.0) at MediaFire. All hail MediaFire.

Disclaimer: We miss you, Irock. =([/list]
    « Last Edit: July 15, 2012, 12:57:03 AM by yuyubabe »
    Spoiler for My Games and Art:
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

my name is Timothy what's yours
    Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
    Spoiler for:

About

Spoiler for:
    The genius minds of yuyubabe and Dr Mc. (Pacman helped too :V) collaborated in GIAW 9 to create a game that would knock the pants off everyone. Unfortunately, Zylos and some other awesome dudes had that idea too. So, we came 4th. But that's not bad. We're content with that score. We've now decided to make the entrance public, and continue expanding on the game. :D
    The initial idea was yuyubabe's: a game about a series of connected special cards that govern the life of a selected individual, who had a greater fate than he could've expected. However, I suggested a slight twist that gives the game a whimsical nature: the main character being a lovable mascot we should all recognize.

Story

Spoiler for:
    Our hero experiences a strange dream one night; a (very pretty) lady appears before him and tells him that though his life may seem dull and pointless, there is a much more important, exciting life awaiting him in the near future, which would make everyone in Pacedemia respect him. However, his hopes are dashed when he is fired from his job working at the local farm, for an incident that was not his fault. His best friend and room mate offers sage advice, to look for work at the castle. The young, naive King of Pacedemia enrols our hero in a quest to collect the Major Arcana, a mystical set of cards that hold significant power. He is then thrown into a whole new life, meeting new people and experiencing things he never dreamt of.

Also the main character is Irock ;o

The Heroes

Spoiler for:
    Cory Martin
    The hero of our story, Cory Martin. He can not recall a time when he was not disrespected by the villagers in Pacedemia. The cold, uncaring faces shine no light of hope on this misunderstood lad. Should he not lose hope, someday the Major Arcana will make him a great hero. His parents died when he was very young, and he was taken in by Bobby, the only person who seems to respect him. As he has grown older, he returns the favor by taking up a job to help his disabled roomate.

Bobby Richeson
    Cory's house mate and best friend, Bobby took Cory in when nobody else would, seeing the potential to change a troublemaker's ways. Over the years, Bobby became a sort of father to Cory, offering him advice and ensuring his survival. Bobby took care of Cory for years, but once his sight began to deteriorate Cory decided to return the favor by working at the local farm. Bobby is the only person who truly understands Cory, and appreciates him for who he is.

Tyler Morton
    The local apothecary around Pacedemia, a true ladies' man and loyal friend to those who are stupid enough to get to know him. Tyler is dragged in to Cory's quest when he requires an extra set of hands to get through an arduous task.

Ashley Ricke
    We don't learn much about this spunky magician, aside from that she is separated from her lover by events beyond her control. Out of her own kindness and having nothing else to do, she helps Cory chase after an important person. We will learn more about Ashley and her lover as the story goes on.

The Team

Spoiler for:
    • yuyubabe - Story, graphics, eventing and mapping. Project leader ;)
    • Pacman - Database, scripts, minor eventing, music. yuyubabe's loyal servant :3
    • Dr. Mc - Graphics, mapping. She do what she want *snap*
    • Malson - Planner, music. yuyubabe's loving whatever.

Thanks

Spoiler for:
    • Enterbrain (ORLY)
    • Mack
    • Modern Algebra (<3)
    • Yanfly (also <3)
    • Celianna
    • Lunarea
    • Molnarpal (DeviantArt)
    • Corrine Kenner and John J. Blumen
    • Natsume
    • Acolyte
    • Zylos
    • Everyone who we're using as characters (Irock, HaloOfTheSun, Doctor Sword)

Screenshots
    Spoiler for:

Possible Future Features

Spoiler for:
    Stuff approved by the team:
    • Craft system for Weapons/Armors/Accessories (similar to Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles
    • A "stance" class-change system for the main hero to swap between Warrior, Rogue, Healer, Mage (similar to Kingdom Hearts 2?)
    • Main hero can change classes mid-battle, with a cooldown
    • Even more pancakes ;o
    "Maybe" list:
    • Main hero "phoenix"? When the main hero dies, he will be revived with 1hp after the battle (this might actually be approved, not sure. Helps prevent "game over" bugs if a player leaves the party by scene while Cory is dead, etc.)

Expect more features sometime ;o

Possible Future Characters:

Spoiler for:
    Note: Some of these characters are not confirmed or planned out yet. D: We may add more, depending on how the game progresses. These are just ideas. ;o
    • Malson (Chris)
    • HaloOfTheSun (Bobby)
    • Strike (John)
    • Anski (Let's not go there.)
    • LadyJ (Jules)
    • Gracie (Gracie lol)
    • NAMCKOR (Drew)
    • Threeofspades (Guin)
    • Roph (Paulie? PAULIE.)

Download
    Download the demo at MediaFire. All hail MediaFire.

Disclaimer: yuyubabe and Dr. Mc apologize for any offence they may have caused Cory Martin (read: Irock), because they think he was being serious. I apologize for nothing, because I didn't do anything anyway.
    ;8
    « Last Edit: December 12, 2012, 01:22:47 AM by Pacman »
    it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
    Post reserved~

Rep:
    Level 97
    Definitely better than Hitler.
    2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
    I like the part where I look pretty.
    :tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
    Post reserved~

For what? ;)

Also, I looove the thread, Pacman! :P I just hope everyone enjoys this game. In the future, we hope to improve the gameplay overall. :)

I've done massive bug fixes since the GIAW9 version, but please inform me of any other bugs you may find. ;)
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Also, thought I should mention that the characters listed are just the demo's characters. :P We plan on including a lot more people, actually. ;o
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
    I like the part where I look pretty.

Edit: My god, this is fantastic. I was expecting something on a more comedic side when I heard about RMRK members being in it, but the story is really interesting. I felt attached to the characters right away, and not just because they have familiar names. The mapping is also great. It could have been better by taking advantage of the new passability features in a few areas (ie, the ceiling tiles, ladders), and there's the common carpet problem, but that's just being nitpicky. Really good job on this, you guys. :D

(Also, Irock x HaloOfTheSun OTP)
    « Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 09:04:34 AM by Ashley »

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Edit: My god, this is fantastic. I was expecting something on a more comedic side when I heard about RMRK members being in it, but the story is really interesting. I felt attached to the characters right away, and not just because they have familiar names. The mapping is also great. It could have been better by taking advantage of the new passability features in a few areas (ie, the ceiling tiles, ladders), and there's the common carpet problem, but that's just being nitpicky. Really good job on this, you guys. :D

Thank you so much, Aco! :tpg: I'm grateful for the complements and the constructive criticism. :) I'm afraid I don't know much about the new passability features, but I will most certainly try to learn more about them!
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81
    2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
    Well, I just opened ace to maybe screenshot what I was talking about, but then I couldn't switch any of the roof tiles to the square passability thing. I'm wondering if I dreamed it, or if it was only in the japanese demo. Either way, now I feel silly. :/

The ladder option is still very much there though. There's a great big button and everything. ;8

Rep:
    Level 93
    <o>_<o>
    2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
    This is astounding. Dig Moar was fun, but nowhere near this level. It's always evident when you've poured your heart and soul into something, and spent countless hours focusing all of your effort into it. And it shows, with vivid clarity, in this game. Scores be damned, I'm proud of you for having created something that was not only a beautiful work in its own right, but a reflection of yourself. I hope everyone else shares the praise Ashley and I have for you, because you deserve every ounce of it <3

Oh, and sweet database Pacman B)

*crack*
    Rep:
    Level 64
    2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
    Well I certainly had fun playing :)

I'll be happy to play it again if the game gets more playable time in it :D
    All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Small Bat Dev
    Rep:
    Level 76
    2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
    Also, thought I should mention that the characters listed are just the demo's characters. :P We plan on including a lot more people, actually. ;o

>:C

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    Yes yes Gracie, I'm sure we'll put you in it.
    IIRC, we confirmed Malson and Anski as future party members. Strike Reyhi will also definitely be a part of the game.

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    @Malson

Thank youuuu <3333 :tpg: That comment made me smile so much :D

@D&P3

I'm glad you liked it! :) I trust it was muuuuch better with the bug fixes :lol:

@Acolyte

Okay! I'll look into that sometime. :) Thank you!!

@Pacman

I've also wanted to confirm LadyJ :* and I'd like to include Gracie, certainly. :) That will help out our guy:girl ratio. I was kinda hoping for many, many party options, but a limit to 4-5 in use. ;)

Also, we may want to add something very important to the thread:

NOTE: The demo ends on a Game Over screen after the scene in the castle with the Queen!

Or something. :P Got some confusion with that.
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    Status report, 16th April, 2012. Malson has been added to the team, as both a planner (game mechanics) and a musician. He and yuyubabe have brainstormed a plethora of ideas that somebody is going to have to implement -.-
    I can confirm that these ideas have been accepted:
    • Cory will have a class-switching mechanic. This means you will be able to alter his class at will throughout the game. He will have 4 classes; Warrior, Rogue, Mage, Healer. All will be TP-based, and this system will be handled by a sexy script, most likely written by me.
    • There will be a crafting system, of sorts, in the game. <yuyubabe> its pretty much just events strung together saying "IF THIS ITEM IN THE POUCH AND DIS ITEM DEN YOU GET DIS ITEM AND DESE ITEMS REMOVE"
    • Even more pancakes ;o
    • Bobby will eventually be a playable character. Ashley will return later in the story (with someone special ;o).
    • Cory will be able to change classes in battle (with a cooldown, of course) and from the menu.

yuyubabe also told me to make sure everyone ever plays the demo >:O

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    yuyubabe also told me to make sure everyone ever plays the demo >:O

Me? Say that? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaww...

Tyler is also going to return later on in the story ;) I mean, I'd hope so. We created him in the first place :tpg:

Also added Zylos and Acolyte to the "thanks" list, for their kind advice. :)

Spoiler for To get a better idea of the systems:
    The crafting system is going to be a lot like Final Fantasy: Crystal Chronicles. That's where my inspiration for it came from. ;)

The class-switch mechanic is similar to Kingdom Hearts (2?). This was pretty much Malson's idea <3
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 97
    Definitely better than Hitler.
    2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
    I'm downloading the demo right now~
    :tinysmile:

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I'm downloading the demo right now~

;o Let us know what you think~

That'd be most appreciated~ ;8

EDIT: Also, I intend to change the windowskin someday.
    SOMEDAY. I just can't get into to that one. It seems kinda weird to me.
    « Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 10:15:07 PM by Deanna »
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Small update with the layout for the crafting system (which might replace the oh-so common, simple "purchase" system). :P

Spoiler for:

(Done on a test map, of course ;))
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
    Rep:
    Level 77
    Bronze - GIAW 9
    Small update with the layout for the crafting system (which might replace the oh-so common, simple "purchase" system). :P

Spoiler for:

That's kind of cute XD 
    I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

A-pow 2015
    Rep:
    Level 81

Spoiler for:

Looks really cool. I can't wait. :D

Rep:
    Level 97
    Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
    Fuck you I ain't your toy :mad:
    YOU CAN'T USE ME

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    Fuck you I ain't your toy :mad:
    YOU CAN'T USE ME

;9 but Tyler is such a cool character ;o
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 97
    Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
    ...The Sword approves.

Rep:
    Level 79
    Hello
    fred upderted wif posilbe futrue chraters an feechores ~