RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ambassador [yuyu's Twine Interactive Fiction]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o

DESCRIPTION
Ambassador is an Interactive Fiction game where you play as a (you guessed it!) ambassador. After his father's death, a young king is left with fear and doubt as he struggles to rule a kingdom. To secure the future of his lands, he seeks the aid of the other kingdoms - breaking years of isolationism under his father's reign. The young king entrusts you with the task of visiting three other major kingdoms to form alliances.

Estimated Playtime? Depends on how much / how fast you read. Could be a few hours, though.

ABOUT
This game was created for my Games & Narrative II college class. I had about six weeks to make it, and ended up with the largest project in the class. The goal was to create a game filled with difficult, meaningful choices - they impact your own homeland and the fates of the other kingdoms, as well. Characters and decisions are meant to be morally ambiguous, though gathering information can sometimes unlock more promising paths (well...most of the time).

At least, that was the goal here. Although I'm very proud of how this game turned out (easily one of the largest I've ever made), it was still a timed project. So, it's by no means perfect.

I was also instructed to cut back a lot on the writing, to increase the pacing of the game. So, the text is meant to be fairly to-the-point (a weird experience compared to writing non-interactive stories).

NOTES
Although the game is complete, I'm still super duper interested in the choices and endings that people get (also dumb protagonist names!). I didn't have a whole lot of time to balance out the decisions, so I'm worried that some paths will be explored more than others.

If you play this game, I'd really appreciate comments on this thread (I don't care if you necropost~) and (in spoilers) tell me what choices you made and what endings you got. Thanks!!

CREDITS
I'm ashamed to say that I didn't collect credits for the various resources (namely background images) that I used for this game. I was very short on time with the many deadlines for this project. Still, I'd like to extend a super big "THANK YOU!!" to all of the amazing artists whose scenic art I borrowed for this.

Oh, and Skyrim. In my haste, I used the game's generator to make character faces.

...Pictures were optional, ok. It was the best I could do in that time. ;__;

DOWNLOAD

Click here to download Ambassador!

Note: The game was created in Twine, and thus will be a .html file.
I don't recommend loading it on Internet Explorer, because it can sometimes mess with html/css coding. Though I'm not fully sure what it would do exactly, since I don't use IE.

~
« Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 01:47:11 AM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Pretty good. I had fun. Solid 8/10
One thing though, it's kinda horrible of you to enforce the horrible "2 gender" stereotypical architecture. Please give the choice of at least 137 of the over 38,000 genders.
If you don't comply I will have to change my score to something MUCH lower.
Thank you.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
OK changed! But the opacity of the other genders reflects their % by population, so the choices may appear invisible.... ...
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
now pls give 15/10 tnk u
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 21
Smol
looks good

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Starting...

Now I'm gonna get lost in this for a bit.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Starting...

Now I'm gonna get lost in this for a bit.

Awesome!! ^_^ Hope you like it!

I'm curious about what endings / choices you guys get. :B If you want to PM them to me (or post in spoilers), it'd be cool to see! Balancing the decisions in the game fairly was a huge goal of mine.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]