RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RTP-Only Challenge!

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
What about cobbling together rtp tilesets from the same maker? To make a larger tileset, does it still count as an imported resource?

That's fine. Nothing wrong with that, because the tilesets are already a part of the maker's RTP. :p As long as the tilesets aren't edited, I have no problem with anyone tacking some of their maker's RTP ones together.

sweet

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
EDIT: I just realized, when we give our game to the person judging it, it'll only be like 10mb.

Good. B(

If we get enough people to complete their games, we may figure out some form of reviewing/judging/whatever. But right now, this is more for teh funz. Not really a contest.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
I don't think i've ever put this much work into an rm game before.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't think i've ever put this little work into an rm game before.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 84
Rubber Shark
Why not?  Put me in too! :D

Rep:
Level 64
I'll join as well.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Yo stoopid brother...
He don't even want to understand.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 07:31:19 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
Sign me up please :aco:

One question though: For those who's going to use RMXP, there is only
one title screen to use in the RTP. Are we allowed to graphics from
the Ace-RTP to make one? And I guess we are allowed to add text to the
title screen? :malson2:

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
One question though: For those who's going to use RMXP, there is only
one title screen to use in the RTP. Are we allowed to graphics from
the Ace-RTP to make one?

You know what? Why not. :p It's really unfair for VX and XP that they don't have that wide variety of title screens. So, if using VX or XP, yes, you can use some of the VXAce title screens.

As for any other resources (for the other makers)...I'm not sure, yet. But title screens are fair.

And I guess we are allowed to add text to the
title screen? :malson2:

I admit that I've been frustrated with the VXAce option to "include title text", because the text is white and is only easy to read on a few title backgrounds. :mad:

Still, I'm not so sure on this one. I wanted to keep things as close to the RTP as possible. Any other opinions on this? =o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
want.

so.

bad.

want.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
join usssssssssssssssssss

u can make your game whenever ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I may have to join.

It's futile to resist.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
(:

I can sign you up and you can always withdraw if you're not up to it. Though it's not timed or anything, so it don't matter. xD
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Also, just so we're clear: parallax mapping is also off-limits.

Even if you're using the RTP, it's still technically importing. The point is to use what the maker gives you, so everyone is challenged to make the best game that they can with what the maker gives you.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Communication begins with understanding
Rep:
Level 89
Project of the Month winner for October 2007
How about eventing?

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I got one simple question, is it allowed to recolor original RTP graphics? ;) (\s/)
There is an other good question too, is it allowed to show pictures in game?
Because it's an option in every single RPG Maker. ;)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 11:59:45 PM by Octavia »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
My game is actually coming along nicely. I'll actually finish one, for once.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 43
Well, if recoloring isn't allowed, which I don't know, so this will be my two heroines. ;)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
For all you people asking "Does this count?" for your resource questions, I have a simple question to ask in turn. Does your game have to include something, ANYTHING, in the graphics/audio folders that has to be downloaded from you?

If you said yes, then that's not RTP-only. That's editing, customization, whatever you want to call it. We're going by exactly what's given to you from the start, where another person can copy only the data folder (script data not included) and be able to play your game perfectly. This means no pictures, no re-colors (unless it's in-game tinting, which is actually just eventing rather than editing resources), no extra scripts, no nothin'. That's the RTP challenge, to use only the RTP defaults.

Rep:
Level 43
For all you people asking "Does this count?" for your resource questions, I have a simple question to ask in turn. Does your game have to include something, ANYTHING, in the graphics/audio folders that has to be downloaded from you?

If you said yes, then that's not RTP-only. That's editing, customization, whatever you want to call it. We're going by exactly what's given to you from the start, where another person can copy only the data folder (script data not included) and be able to play your game perfectly. This means no pictures, no re-colors (unless it's in-game tinting, which is actually just eventing rather than editing resources), no extra scripts, no nothin'. That's the RTP challenge, to use only the RTP defaults.
Thanks, that answers my question, by the way I downloaded nothing, I'm using this time the RPG Maker XP. The tinting is bad in it because it changes the skin color too. That's why I asked about if paint is allowed to recolor, but I understand it's not and it's fine. I really can do some stuff with what is given. ;)

Rep:
Level 85
Winter is here.
I have nothing better to do, so count me in. Hopefully work won't get in the way again.
Eddard Stark art by Teiiku

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
How about eventing?

You can event to your heart's content. :P In fact, that's one of the magical qualities of this challenge. So many people don't realize how far eventing can go. Many times, you don't even need scripts, if you have enough eventing skillz. That's the beauty of the maker.

My game is actually coming along nicely. I'll actually finish one, for once.

(: Good to hear! I've always admired your writing skills. B) Should be an interesting game.

I have nothing better to do, so count me in. Hopefully work won't get in the way again.

I'll add you to the list. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
nothing is to be imported, because then its not RTP-only. You can go nuts with what is in the game though. :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 03:28:09 AM by Dr. Mc »

Rep:
Level 84
This text is way too personal.
Bronze - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - GIAW Halloween
So can we use RTP Graphics from a different maker? Say I was using VX Ace and I wanted to use some XP Graphics.

Also, I'm in.