RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RTP-Only Challenge!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You're allowed to change anything you want, as long as you don't do these two things-

1. Open the resource manager
2. Open the script editor

EDOT: Does anybody know how one might store "EXP required for level up" into a variable, or at least how to display it in a message?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2013, 10:40:41 PM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 82
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Easy Mode)2013 Project of the Year2013 Most Promising Project2013 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Participant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 10
EDOT: Does anybody know how one might store "EXP required for level up" into a variable, or at least how to display it in a message?

Can just grab the information from $game_actors. Then you can use \V[n] to display the variable in a message.

Code: [Select]
# X - The numeric value for the variable.
# pos - The numeric position of the actor in the database.
# level - the numeric value of the desired level.
gv = $game_variables[x]
gv = $game_actors[pos].exp_for_level(level)
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 02:39:14 AM by Exhydra »

UPDATED 05-29-14

IS YOUR PROJECT OPTIMIZED?
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v2.5

RPG MAKER TOOLBOX
UPDATED 07/04/15 - v1.5

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Rep +260

At the rate of +1 rep per 3 hours, this will only take 777 hours.
Or
32 days.

Let's do this.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2013, 03:46:54 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Exhydra is now one of my favorite members, ok
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
New battle system~

NOW! Monsters stop when-
  *You are in combat
  *When you have the menu open
  *When opening chests
  *When talking to NPCs
ALSO!
  *Skills added
  *Choose your own pizza adventure

DEMO
Please rate and subscribe.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I want pizza

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
new award: best easter eggs, every game should have an easter egg of pizza in it somewhere to qualify for it
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
FFFF am I really going to have to do this.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 60
Creativity is all I have.
Depends on who you're askin..

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Put me back on the list please, my ideas didn't work out XD

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I've been attempting to work on my idea/game, but Ive got plenty of shit to keep me down and distracted in my personal life right now.

I'm not out of this thing yet, though. :determined:

Also, Rekios:

*If using VXAce, the character generator off-limits.

We decided that it was an unfair advantage for anyone using VXAce, because it has access to thousands of character possibilities, due to the generator.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 96
Until I'm stabilized in my current job, I'll have to put this on hold.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
We decided that it was an unfair advantage for anyone using VXAce, because it has access to thousands of character possibilities, due to the generator.

...well, shit.  :'(
Keep me signed up, though.  I want to do this  :P
« Last Edit: September 08, 2013, 10:26:02 PM by Rekios »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
mine is still chugging along

Rep:
Level 98
beep beep i'm a jeep

Rep:
Level 85
I am the wood of my broom
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Just a question, it means you can create  new database entries as well right?
We can also use the extras that you can get on preorders? Am I allowed to edit a faceset and just take a 96x96 faceset and put it in the picture folder?

Rep:
Level 98
Yes, you can. It's just new writing, basically.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
All seems legit, but not sure what you mean by this last part:

Am I allowed to edit a faceset and just take a 96x96 faceset and put it in the picture folder?

You mean edit it the image itself? Or just cut it into a 96x96?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
2010 Project of the YearProject of the Month winner for January 2010Project of the Month winner for January 2009Project of the Month winner for April 2010
Pretty much like, Open Faceset in Editor, Just take ralph and make it into a 96x96 image and save it in picture folder.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Ohhhhhh.

Hrmmm...I *think* that would be ok, but someone please correct me, if I'm wrong. :p

As long as there is no actual editing to the image, just splitting them up seems to be fine. I think.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 85
no recolors or anything like that. Just...crop XD

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
But....but... you said I couldn't separate the icons.

:baww:

Rep:
Level 96
I still think this -

You're allowed to change anything you want, as long as you don't do these two things-

is the easiet way to explain the rules.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
But....but... you said I couldn't separate the icons.

:baww:

Wait, did I say that? D: Sorry about that, I've been dealing with a lot lately, and I haven't been very attentive around here in a while. Thanks for catching that, though. :p I'm afraid I completely forgot what the ruling on that was and I can be a little inconsistent. ;9

Sorry, Nessiah. ;9 I'm going to have to go back on my word. I'm afraid I was in a bit of a hurry when I said "yes", and had other things on my mind. I mean, I would let you guys get away with it, but I'm getting WAY too confused with all these questions. Or, at least, it would require more discussion to allow cropping the images. I don't know. This whole thing is getting a little out-of-hand for such a simple concept.

I think it's so much easier to just go by what Lord Stark says and leave it at that:

I guess the only exception is the title screen.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Ummm.... 

I want in.
:tinysmile: