RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Taking Event System Requests

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Howdy y'all!  ::)
Sorry just always wanted to type that....Anyway, I'm trying to make a puzzle thingy with 1 door and 6 switches, only 2 of the switches have to be stepped on for the door to open, you go up to the door and if the wrong ones are stepped on, a mini boss battle occurs...Else right ones are stepped on and it transfers you.
 But this is beginning to cheese me off, i mean i am one test run away from ripping out my hair!

Problems im having with this are: more than 2 switches can be stepped on before you go to the door, resetting the switches as if they were never stepped on after the battle.

There are a few more issues i think, but i cant concentrate right now. So if anyone has any suggestions, im all ears...in a manner of speaking. ;D

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
here it is.hipe this helps: (just open it, and see how i've done it.)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=5MIOSP4S
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Thanks, yeah that helps out a lot!

Rep:
Level 84
cool.any question just ask it. That's the easier way to do it i think. Variables can be confusing to new ppl on the program =)

good luck

Rep:
Level 83
not trying to be a noob but is there any way you could make a quest where you have to kill 10 goblins and everytime u kill one it changes from 1/10 Goblins Killed to 2/10 Goblins Killed???

There is a good tutorial on youtube for that. Well, at least it looks like it. It is a quest where you need to gather muushrooms, not goblins. But I guess it works the same way. The tutorial is from WillowSidHe. It is called 'Mushroom Gathering Tutorial'. Just make a veriable increasement after each goblin that is killed. Like:
>Start the battle
>Conditional branch: Switch 'quest started' = on
  >Variable 'Goblins killed or something' += 1
>end

And make the guy that gives you the quest:

-first page-
>Message box: Kill 10 goblins for me.
>Variable 'Goblins killed or something' == 0
>Switch 'quest started' is on

-Second page (if switch 'quest started' == on)-
>Conditional Branch: if variable 'Goblins kiled or something' >= 10
  >Message box: You killed them all!
  >Give reqard
  >Switch 'quest completed' = on
>else
  >Message box: You killed \v[number of variable 'Goblins killed or something'] goblins.
  >Message box: That isn't enough
>end

-Third page (if switch 'quest started' == on AND if switch 'quest completed' == on)-
>Message box: Thank you for killing the goblins!

But, I think the tutorial on youtube is way more clear.

Rep:
Level 82
Part of this balanced breakfast.
Can you make me a jump system, please?
...and if it's not too much trouble, maybe you could make an item/money storage-and-retrieval one.
"Maybe your imagination just smells like popcorn."

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Search our forum for a jump system, there's like 2 around here. Same with money storage. You can't make an item storage event system. (Theoretically you could, but it's so god damn complex that you can't just build it and expect an easy share.)

Rep:
Level 82
Okay...on the storage systems, you're right. The jump systems, however, the download links to the coding seem to lead to 404s.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I can work on it. I'll try and make one that's decent. Like everything I make, it's going to probably work but be horribly inefficient. That sometimes leads to it not working, though, lol. Just wait a bit.

EDIT: Wait, RMVX, or RMXP? It's the same thing for eventing, but you might not have one of the programs so you might not be able to open it up if I did it in one.

Rep:
Level 82
RMXP. Sorry for the confusion. If it doesn't work, I'll tell you. Don't worry, I trust you!

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Is it possible to make a system that creates an event in front of the player automaticlly, unless there is something in the way? Like a Fire Making system.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
What? Just call an event in front of the player. Track the player's position via variables, then move an event in front of the player by using those variables +1 to where the player is facing. What do you mean by firemaking system? Like making a fire anywhere on the map at anytime?

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
What do you mean by firemaking system? Like making a fire anywhere on the map at anytime?

Yea, that's exactly what I mean

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Bumpedibumpbump!

I really need this. At least tell me like if I need a script or something for it.

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
grafikal told you how to do it though. You can set an event position by variables, so whenever you want the fire to be made, all you have to do is use Control Variable and get the X and Y position of the player. Add or subtract one from whichever of those variables depending on direction. Then use the Set Event Position to call the event to that location.

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
Here's a fire making system. It's not all that plug-and-play, but it should give you something you can expand upon and polish. You can light a fire anywhere you can walk, as well as campfires. To light a fire, press Z. You have to go up to your fire and put it out before you can light a new one. Your objective in the demo is to light the correct campfire in three different rooms. If you light the right fire, you move on. If you're wrong, you start over.

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
Well,  guess it would work. *sigh* I'll try to explain even better. I have a item just called "wood" and for as long as the player have that item in possesion, he/she will be able to make a fire anywhere and how many as he/she want. But I guess that isn't possible. The ideal would be to make one event and then have it copied.

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
You could make it so it switches between a bunch of different events. That would be extremely complicated, though, and would probably lead to a lot of event lag.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Well,  guess it would work. *sigh* I'll try to explain even better. I have a item just called "wood" and for as long as the player have that item in possesion, he/she will be able to make a fire anywhere and how many as he/she want. But I guess that isn't possible. The ideal would be to make one event and then have it copied.

what?

how long does the 'wood' last? Because all you need to do is A: What MJustin and like everyone else told you to do, and B: Include a variable to track how many times you've used the 'wood' to make fires and when that variable reaches a specific number, have all the wood from your inventory removed, or remove 1 wood or something. Easy.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
If you want to make an infinite number of events with fire wherever you want to and whenever, it's really inefficient as you're going to need tons of events everywhere.

I feel bad for never getting back to that guy on the Jump System because I rarely look at these boards... >_>

Rep:
Level 84
well, i think this is what you where looking for stripe...Just take a look...

"fle attached"

Rep:
Level 84
It's human to misdo
That will work. Thank you! :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Black cat
<Dongeon-RPG Event system>

Summary
Hello. What i want is a dongeon-RPG event system .If you do not know what a dongeon-RPG is but still want to help (That's nice O_O ) look up the features,if you aren't sure take a look at videos about azure dreams or pokemon mistery donjons. Actually i asked first in script but a memeber told me it was an event matter... it's still out of my reach :'(

Features Desired
  • Work like an A-RPG
  • Every time your character make a step or use an attack or an object it let the ennemys do same
  • If you do not move,noone will.
  • still have levels,experience and equipement
  • powers can be used with some effects (1)
  • you can have a partner following you and ai-fighting in your team
  • You can assign tactics to your partner,changing his behaviour in the donjon(1)

(1)=If it's really too hard i can do without

Mockups

Games its been in
  • Azure dreams
  • Pokemon mystery dongeon serie

Infinites thanks for the one who may help me on this one.

mystery dongeon video :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktRkDTe9RcM&feature=related

I hope i'm not necroposting since the post is sticky... i don't know... well tell me ;)

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
I've watched the video and I've read your other post. I really think most if not all can be done with Eventing. At the same time, it could be done with scripts. But in my opinion, I believe the person, at least in the video, did both. Alot of that isn't hard if you know what you're doing. You have to be creative in the way you do things. The game from the video is just that, a game. Some one worked hard and long on it, and most likely it isn't some thing you can copy and paste. You'd have to take one thing at a time and really have a direction for where you're going. Which is why the game in the video works as while as it does. But again, I've seen alot of those things done by eventing. Take the mini map for instance, that is actually here on this site. Or at least something like it. The menus could be make using eventing, and called by common events. Again something you can do and search for here on this site. The battleing can easly be done with scrpiting (if you know what you're doing) and events. Though Eventing that could cause alot of lag. The two ABS scripts given to you on the other post are two really good scripts, check them. The same RPG elements can still be applyed. I hope I helped somewhat, I mean the game in the video took alot of time and work.  :)

**EDIT**
Also, taking a look at what you have listed
Features Desired
These can al be doen using Eventing. Easy.   :D
Maybe you should try to request little things. So people can help you with them. That way no one s over whelmed over anything...haha.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2010, 01:31:32 PM by Kidfox70 »
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Black cat
well for the fight itself ok even i can do it trough events the big problem is about it behaving like a dongeon RPG (turn based, each step take a turn and all that :/ )