RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Taking Event System Requests

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Hamburger? What Hamburger?
Erm........ Let's see... I have no way of doing this. The pet would only work on one map or it would be a fighter. Plus, I would need the caterpillar script and that would take out the whole point of an evented system :P
Mastermoo, can you make another version of the pet system?
Here are the specs:
*Instead of being on the field, the Dog is a Actor(Character, or whatever.)
*Replacing the 200 step will be a skill called Pickup, which every 200 steps, a random item is added to the inventory.
*The friendship system is replaced by the dog's level, therefore the higher level the dog, the rarer the items.
*It's optional to give the dog some attacks.
Current Project:
Altaria: Deus ex Machina (in progress)

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
LOL THIS WAS STICKIED :tpg: Anyways, wait. I want to address some of the issues in previous posts.

Was the version a few posts zipped before you tested the event? Because, the way it is it will freeze on both the Step Init and Flow Common Events? First, the fact that Step Init is called by the switch Dog freezes the game (I assume you meant it to Autorun on Step Initialize, since it turns Step Initialize Off at the end), and the Flow one also freezes the game because you turn Flow on, not off, at the end of the common event.
Lol yes. :tpg: I don't know why, though. I usually go ahead and test out every single way (IE make the dog's level different and see if everything works out). Also, I'll try to change things around to make it actually work. :tpg:

Second, it is a waste of a switch in both cases. Make use of the Call Common Event Feature, as that runs the common event just once, without needing any switches. I would also ask if it is in fact necessary to use a common event for either, as they are not large events and they do not, as far as I can see, need to be run more then once.
I always forget the Call Common Event Feature.

I haven't looked at much of it yet, as those two bugs got in the way, but aside from those I imagine it will be pretty good. I would, however, suggest that you look at a way to make the pet extend to other maps. Naturally, you would need to transfer the dog's movement from a common event to a local event, but since a lot of the event is already located in common events otherwise, it would not be too hard to get through it.
Oh senk you. But it's going to be an actor so yea.

Getting to work on some of your ideas, Miles Castea. Just hang tight. Also, doesn't my thing basically do what you want except not having a skill? ?_? At the pick-up thing.

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
The skill won't really do anything in battle, but activate the 200 step common event through it.
Current Project:

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
The skill won't really do anything in battle, but activate the 200 step common event through it.
Wait...nevermind. Forgot the skill, and keep the 200 step thingie.
Current Project:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Here's what I got now. Test it out and... yeah. Everything works (I think) except for the battle part. I haven't tested that yet.

Like modern had pointed out, efficiency isn't my specialty.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Hey I got it!
Can't you make the player and the dog the same sprite?

Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Same sprite? But then when you change directions, it'll look funky.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Sure, but that's the only drawback, and if you made the dog move randomly in the sprite, There is NO drawback.
It won't look funky if it's made not funky.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Still taking event system requests?

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
I suppose. :P I can't go too uber with these, btw. ABS is too much unless I use a tutorial for it, lol.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Then make me a Bomberman evet system! :lol:
All the stuff are already in the default RTP, the crates, boxes, bombs(?), and sprites.
It's simple, really. :lol:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol, okay. This actually sounds like fun. :D But, I probably won't finish this in one or two days. I'm not going to go non-stop on this. >_> I will work and will update you every now and then.

Edit: This is as far as I got. I can't find out how to make the other flames come out and how to do some other stuff... ;-; This will be hard.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2007, 11:07:30 PM by mastermoo420 »

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Screenshots please?
I'm in an awkward situation:No RM-XP or otherwise- in this PC. :lol:

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lol. I can't really screenshot it but I'll explain what happens for now.

When the "bomb" is placed in a completely open area, it flickers and after a while it kinda explodes and puts out flames.

Problems so far:
  • When next to a wall, I can't find a way to make it so that it doesn't show flames for that direction. IE if there's a wall above the bomb, the flames don't come up there.
  • This also happens:
Code: [Select]
B = Bomb              xxFxx   
F = Flame             xxxxx
x = Space             FxBxF
                      xxxxx
                      xxFxx
The flame doesn't appear right next to the bomb; Only two spaces away.
[/li][/list]

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
Hello Master Moo, I want to know if you're willing to let me take a few requests in your thread also (not right now), because I am equally board and don't want to make a new thread.

Sorry, screenshot didn't upload
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:16:01 AM by zzzdude »
Huge sig is huuuuge.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Lolk. Just like my icon shop, people can come and go for help/helping as they please. Even take the Bomberman request if you want. It's going to take me a while to figure out what's wrong :\

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
Ok, thanks :D
I'll look at your system, see if I can solve the mystery...
Ok, solved.
You see, you have the first event move to the center, then right, then right again.
At the SAME TIME you have the other one move right, just 1 frame after, which of course, the first flame is there, since it takes a few frames to move over.
I added a wait until move completion thing, and it works.
Nothing happens to the players movement, but it does take longer to start the first opacity change.

As for the other problem, I think it's fine, it doesn't change much gameplay, but it does remove some FPS on older computers.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2007, 03:35:53 AM by zzzdude »
Huge sig is huuuuge.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
OIC XD Very nice. Lol.

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
I have an idea for you to work on, I have been thinking about this all day, and finally gave up on it.
A skill, which uses events to Attack the opponent, and then the user receives 1/2 of the damage done to the enemy, but as a positive.
Like Absorb, from pokemon games.
So, it gives the user health, which is 1/2 of the damage done to the enemy.
I think it is possible, but I haven't thought of a way yet.
Huge sig is huuuuge.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Events don't work well in battles unless you copy/pasta into each battle squad or whatever.

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
A skill that calls a common event?
Yes, it's true.
But I guess you do need to get them in every troop set since it has to do with an enemy that is being attacked.
Huge sig is huuuuge.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Okay, update on the bomberman thing. I managed to put in "Wait until Move Completion" and fixed an error where the fires wouldn't show up if you placed a bomb where there was flames before. Kind of hard to explain. Anyways, here's what I've got, now. (attached)

Rep:
Level 87
RIP w-hat the fork
2 things.
A)
 The fire does not hurt a player.
2)
 The fire is always on top.
Of course, you have the structure set, now you just need to expand it to be more like the real bomberman  game (other than graphics)
Huge sig is huuuuge.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
Yeah, I know. The fire doesn't hurt because I've only got the structure set up. I made the fire always be on top just because :P

Hurr durr
Rep:
Level 87
Well, I come again.
I need a puzzle, wind based, for when the player reaches the few floors before the boos, note, this is for the first dungeon.
Current Project: