RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The OFFICIAL "Which maker do you use?" And General RM Discussion Topic.

Poll

Which development platform do you prefer?

RPG Maker 95
0 (0%)
RPG Maker 2000
15 (4.2%)
RPG Maker 2003
61 (17.2%)
RPG Maker XP
173 (48.7%)
Gamemaker
15 (4.2%)
Sphere
1 (0.3%)
Other (Please specify)
13 (3.7%)
Dwarra
10 (2.8%)
RPG Maker sucks
2 (0.6%)
RPG Maker VX
60 (16.9%)
RPG Maker VX Ace
4 (1.1%)
Stencyl
1 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 301

Rep:
Level 87
I see the advantages of XP, but I do not know how to script yet so I am sticking with 2K3. I am wanting to learn how to script though... I'm browsing around for that.
Refrain from calculating your juvenile poultry prior to the incubation process's execution.

Rep:
Level 87
¥¥Death is Peace, and it is your friend¥¥
you could ask for a teacher, by asking blizzard, hes damn good at it, look in the student teacher orginization.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I use RM2003. Because it is the best. Evar.

Evar.

*Evil eyes everyone who disagrees*
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
added new poll option for me~

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
I use Rm2k3. it's just easyer than xp. that of cource is just my opinion.

Rep:
Level 87
RPG Maker 2003 because I likes Super Nintendo style.
Project: MegaMan  1% Complete.
Title: done.
Story line: 75%
Sprite: 2%
Music: 2%

Licks
Rep:
Level 91
Sexual Deviant
RPGMXP

Its new and slick (?)

Rep:
Level 87
LOSER
2003 even though it is a totally cool program it's getting just a little old. If I stop by a game that's looks cool on 2K3 maybe I will play it. Other than that I won't be making any games on it anymore. WEll for now Im exploring the world of RMXP and going a little into scripting and seeing what that's all about.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I use a translated XP

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep: +0/-0Level 87
Enter the Darkside
You can force XP to use a sideview system.

First off, I prefer XP's graphic system and if it weren't for the fact the it has that Damn FP battle view I would only use that.  However, that being said I took note of This Particular comment and ask... How?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2007, 05:07:51 AM by Innerdarkness14620 »
.......Welcome to the Ring of Honor......  Prepare to be crushed....

Rep:
Level 87
Moo at me and I'll stab you...
    I use RPG 2003.

2003 vs XP is like Ocarina of Time vs Twilight princess: Twilight has AWESOME graphics, but Ocarina kicks butt all the way (I love it, even though it's old-school). I agree with everyone else that side battling in 2003 is better then XP's battle system.
I wore my cat ears and my cat tail to a minor league baseball game. While we were there, my mom looked at me, sighed, and said to my dad, "She's gonna be on 'Girls Gone Wild' one of these days..." ;D

Art Master
Rep:
Level 90
Now I have  gone back to 2000. Can't seem to make up my mind =\

Anyway, on the note of the battle systems: Yes, I also agree that the battle system in 2003 in much better than that of Xp's.Still, some pretty nifty suff can be done with scripts.

Rep:
Level 86
I use RMXP because of the number of colours, and for short games I use RM2k, who is the same as 2k3 but whit more patches (mp3 sounds, key, mouse).
Also, I started to use MMF 1.5 and 2.0, and this software ROCKS!! Too bad for the mapping system that requires drag and dropping an element, but it's better than RM for every type of game except an RPG. Anyway, I use RMXP for my main project -> it's an humouristic adventure game, but it's gonna be hard to make the pixel-based a-rpg combat system for the a-rpg fighting sequences.

Rep:
Level 87
No rain, no rainbow.
I use RPG Maker XP, 2003 and Game Maker (i am n00b in GM :/ )
and i want to find a 2D Shooting Maker 95 by Enterbrain but i need link to download >_< >_<
Sorry for my stupid English, I'm from Slovakia :)

Craftknight's rule
Story: 23%
Maps: 4%
Systems: 5%

Rep:
Level 86
Experienced Game Developer
Sphere pawns the free world. It is the only maker you would ever need to complete any 2d game you can imagine!
whatsthatlongbuttonatthebottomofmykeyboardfor?

Rep:
Level 87
I'm using RM2k3.
It's just easier for me to work with.

If I make a sequel to my game, I'll use XP.

Rep:
Level 88
Paradoxial failboats are cool.
I'm actally best with 2000.
I'm really good with eventing and I like the rtp.
I just don't like xp, and xp hates vista anyway....And I can't script.
The message below is false.
The message above is true.

Rep:
Level 86
I use Game Maker 7 Pro: Mainly because any resolution and any type of game, and I also use Rpg Maker 2000 because theres allot of patches out there. I only use Rm2k for Games like Legacy of Goku typed games even though everything done by pics since it's pixel movement.

Not a big fan of XP, I don't like Rgss I'm more of a C# and C++ guy.

Rep:
Level 86
M3G4 UB3R SUP4 H4X0R ULT1M4T3 PWN4G3!
I use RPG Maker XP, because i can use very usefull scripts in there  :D

Rep: +0/-0Level 86
What's with these people?!?
I used to use RM2k, I found it was very easy to use and had many useful options. I tried 2k3, but I didn't like it. IDK why. I use XP now, and I just love it, but once VX is released here, I'm getting it immediately! XD It looks like it's gonna be uber, it'll be as useful as XP and asa easy as 2k3! Aproximately, but yeah...

VX = Vista + XP? LOL Just something I thought of. Well, VX CAn be used on Windows XP, soo...yeah.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
I use 2k3.  I like eventing, and don't know shit about scripts, but i'm considerng upgrading to xp or vx (big debate.....)
I like 2k3, but there are some things from the newer versions i'd like to be able to do, like ABS, or having speech above the char head instead of just at the bottom of the screen or icons for items....that type of thing...mainly little aesthetic differences i'd like, only some bigger things i want, like ABS for one of my projects.
But for now, 2k3 is the one for me  ;)

Rep:
Level 86
I use R2K.
I too find it very easy to use. I do have to consider to switch to 2k3 because 2k's Battle's suck tremendously.

Rep:
Level 86
Sonic Dog -> Light Spear -> Overlimit -> Slash
It's RM2K3 for me, I just like that old Final Fantasy 2 feel. Well, that and I'm terrible with XP's controls, hehehe...

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Now that I have a computer that can run it, I prefer XP. Maybe VX, if I ever get an opportunity to use it sometime in the near future.

Walking Billboard
Rep:
Level 87
I have used 2k3 for a while. But my computer's being stupid so i'm screwing around with VX now. Not long enough though for me to make any comparisons though.