RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The OFFICIAL "Which maker do you use?" And General RM Discussion Topic.

Poll

Which development platform do you prefer?

RPG Maker 95
0 (0%)
RPG Maker 2000
15 (4.2%)
RPG Maker 2003
61 (17.2%)
RPG Maker XP
173 (48.7%)
Gamemaker
15 (4.2%)
Sphere
1 (0.3%)
Other (Please specify)
13 (3.7%)
Dwarra
10 (2.8%)
RPG Maker sucks
2 (0.6%)
RPG Maker VX
60 (16.9%)
RPG Maker VX Ace
4 (1.1%)
Stencyl
1 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 301

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
That's right but i observe many links are now broken and a more active community for vxa.  :-\  despite of That, i really like xp and the heretic 86's scripts demo make me enthousiast to start an xp project. I'm not very Lucky because the first script i want, the alternative attack formula don't work just in my program lol

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I know what you mean! Broken links fan be very irritating. I actually use this database alot when I want a script: http://forum.chaos-project.com/index.php?action=database

It would seem that VXA is more active here on rmrk, and XP still has alot of active developers on chaos project.. Hence why I am a member of both forum websites.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Dang man. The poll should prolly be reset.
I voted RM2k3 back in 2006. I haven't touched 2k3 in years.

Edit: The poll is also outdated, it doesn't even have stencyl or RMVXA.
Also, what's sphere? Never heard of it.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 12:36:39 AM by Lord Stark »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Sphere's an open source program that allows you to make SNES/Genesis-style RPGs.

Never used it myself, but it seems pretty cool, I guess.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I use STENCYL :tpg: :tpg: :tpg:

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
added stencyl and VXA, changed the poll question to something less rpgmaker focused

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
not that anyone gives a damn :V

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I guess I use RM2k3? I did a long time ago, but I use RMVXA now. How old is this thread?
"sep 4, 2006"
Oh.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Yeah, if I could change my answer to "other" that would be cool lolz.. I'm using XPA now, and yeah, pretty old topic haha. Come to think of it, I think this one very well might be in the top ten oldest and still active (and relevant) threads..
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 75
My sword is law.
I prefer VX Ace for some things, but game maker for the rest. Making anything where the character directly interacts with something (like talking to an npc), I'd use Ace for. However, for games that don't involve a lot of direct character interaction (like a shooter game, or point and click), I'd use game maker for.

I used to use RMXP, but I always had to recheck the map collisions because of how the maps were done in the engine, and I'd spend more time on that alone than actual development. There were also other issues with RMXP that some users would have, that no-one else would, such as a script hang that I couldn't fix because of not knowing what happened myself. I got tired of the problems in XP, that's when I moved engines. VX Ace's maps aren't the greatest (could've used an extra layer), but they work far better, and I don't have to worry about the player going through a wall that they shouldn't.
Check out