RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The OFFICIAL "Which maker do you use?" And General RM Discussion Topic.

Poll

Which development platform do you prefer?

RPG Maker 95
0 (0%)
RPG Maker 2000
15 (4.2%)
RPG Maker 2003
61 (17.2%)
RPG Maker XP
173 (48.7%)
Gamemaker
15 (4.2%)
Sphere
1 (0.3%)
Other (Please specify)
13 (3.7%)
Dwarra
10 (2.8%)
RPG Maker sucks
2 (0.6%)
RPG Maker VX
60 (16.9%)
RPG Maker VX Ace
4 (1.1%)
Stencyl
1 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 301

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
In an effort to get things completely back to normal around here, we have to get some of our old stickies back as well.  :-\

So, here we go. Answer the poll. Discuss. Stop repeat threads.

EDIT: Apparently the previous title wasn't descriptive enough...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2006, 12:12:25 AM by HaloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I use RMXP now... I like to script...

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I prefer a healthy dose of 2k3
« Last Edit: September 05, 2006, 10:39:06 PM by Dr_Swordopolis »

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I am Game Maker's BITCH.

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
Rpg Maker 2003 is the option I stick with. I alternate Rpg Maker 2000 now and then, just to experiment some events, but that's it. I only use Rpg Maker XP to answer questions. :-\
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep: +0/-0Level 88
xp cause of better graphics and options

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
XP. Because I found the learning curve gentle.

Rep:
Level 96
Geno Zero's friend Jovi is a Chuck Norris fan I think.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
I'm the only person alive that thinks RM XP has a gentle learning curve. Chuck Norris tried to use RM XP one time, Chuck Norris is afriad of computers now.

I also thinks that... >_>

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
Then you know what that means, you can kick Chuck Norris' monkey ass too.

Rep:
Level 88
I like to use RMXP because there is actually a legal version out, and I like to script. I basicly suck at events.

MANMACHINE
Rep:
Level 91
God of Dicks
I like XP if for no other reason than the freedom you get with making resources.

pokeball zxmOfflineMale
Astronaut Raticate Banana
Rep:
Level 92
Pineapple Line Colour
XP, becuase you can make it your own game, nothing other then your own limits can stop you, and you can truely make your own game.

Rep:
Level 96
I've been messin around with XP for a few days now, and I'm almost 100 percent sure I'll convert Earthbound. The only thing stopping me is the whole stretching of small graphics issue...

My GW Character. Hes cool
I tend to use XP purely because of the fact i dont like small res and colour depth's. I'm also trying to figure out how to script it so if anyon could help me that would be nice   ;)

Rep:
Level 90
I have game maker's block PM me with game ideas.
I perfer rm2k3's battle system,but i like the flexability of XP
Major Project : Cliche Cronicles
Total: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Story: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Resources: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Script: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%
Voice Overs: [llllllllllllllllllll] 0%

Currently: Planning

i use Rpg maker 2000 and 2003 and xp

Rep:
Level 88
Where's the head of a chocolate coronet? :O
I use RPG Maker 2000 and XP a lot. I don't know why I stay away from 2003, and I don't really like the other Makers out there 'cuz they take more thinking, and I'm too lazy for that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2006, 04:36:24 PM by Starrodkirby86 »

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I used to use 2003 until I got my new computer that can run XP so I use that now.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 89
I like the old school look and feel of 2k, the blocky sprites, the text battles.  I also like how 2k doesn't mangle half my MIDI files.

That said, xp does have a few pros that I can't overlook, like no size limit on sprites or tilesets.  I currently am using xp, but not a day goes by that something about it doesn't anger me.  ;D

Rep:
Level 96
Am I the ONLY GM user here?

I like to use XP since you can do alot of different things with scripting, and I find it quite fun.

--GO XP!--
~Tsuta~

Rep:
Level 88
Woot woot!
Sim rpg maker 95.

I don't want to script a thing in, or ask someone else like a noob.
Fat cat = fat dog

fat dog = fat lion

lion = cat

so.........fat cat = fat cat

PROJECT INFO
Nothing :3

Rep:
Level 89
What will that crazy ape do next?
RPG maker 2003, just for the simple fact there is a side battle system.  other than that xp seems better.
My Project: Dark Empire
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,7815.0.html
Official Site: http://darkempirerpg.tripod.com
Process: Getting back to work.

Always looking for sprites, if your interested, PM.

"But then I realized, why stop things from exploding, when in fact it is in exploding that things reach their perfect form. Of course, they only reach it for a few glorious seconds, but during that short time there is no object in the universe more beautiful." -Kite Rockswell, the Mad-Mad Bomber, from The Final War, my very own novel project.  PM me if you would like to read.

"Oh, sure, blaim the wizards..."

Rep:
Level 96
You can force XP to use a sideview system.