RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The OFFICIAL "Which maker do you use?" And General RM Discussion Topic.

Poll

Which development platform do you prefer?

RPG Maker 95
0 (0%)
RPG Maker 2000
15 (4.2%)
RPG Maker 2003
61 (17.2%)
RPG Maker XP
173 (48.7%)
Gamemaker
15 (4.2%)
Sphere
1 (0.3%)
Other (Please specify)
13 (3.7%)
Dwarra
10 (2.8%)
RPG Maker sucks
2 (0.6%)
RPG Maker VX
60 (16.9%)
RPG Maker VX Ace
4 (1.1%)
Stencyl
1 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 301

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
I Love the graphics of VX :D
I kinda hate the XP graphics :(
And i cant really say more than that xD

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
Everything does end up coming down to ones opinion after all.

*cough* XP ftw *cough* :D

Completion: ██████████40%
Demo: ██████████70%

Rep:
Level 76
I love minus rep! :D
*cough* probarbly true *cough*
What do i know im just a newb xD

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
it's a matter of opin, not of skill x)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
That does make a lot of sense. But I can assure you; my opinion is indeed a fact when it comes to my mapping skills with XP.
Spoiler for Skills:
Mediocre at best
Spoiler for:
Wish I could be epic proness but I'm not. :[

But anyhow I still love XP

Rep: +0/-0Level 75
RMRK Junior
i'll have to go with XP since its the only one i tried and am trying. its got a nice learning curve.
Some know me as the tainted one...

Rep:
Level 75
I have tried both VX and XP I do not know which one I like better at the but moment I am using VX because it is the only one I have on my new computer.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 82
IT ALL ENDED.
i've only heard about vx,
and from that i can say XP is better - why?
better customization, more maps,
but for newbies i'd say vx is good for learning

Rep:
Level 75
yeah I agree VX is more user friendly but XP has allot more features.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

I'm a liar.
Rep:
Level 73
I am the Epic awesome; I am the Awesom epic
RPG Maker VX. It's my first and only love.
Is it illegal to kill a man because it's a sin, or because war weren't declared?

And is this how you would treat an "idiot", dear sir, or is it just how you troll?

Rep:
Level 75
I am starting to like VX more jest because I have been using it for so long and some really good scripts have been written for it.

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 81
I can't understand how people prefer XP over VX.
Sure the graphics appear to be "more realistic" and the use of different tilesets also adds cool possibilities (Although differents tilesets are not that hard to use in VX), but the thing that puts me off most is the unavailablility of good resources. Especially the scripting community appears to be way bigger for VX.
I often find myself in the situation, that I want to start a project with XP, but lack game-improving scripts like the KGC ones for VX or smooth, non standard battle systems.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
STOP

NECROPOSTIN

ARGH.

Rep:
Level 81
Sry, thought stickies would be an exception.

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
Only ones that really have any relevancy. If someone else had jumped on it would have been fine. But its clear noone cares, so move on.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
This one is relevant every couple of months.
I much prefer the posts gathering in this topic rather than a new topic being posted each time.

There are still more scripts for XP and VX, but it does seem like there are more active VX scripters than XP scripters.

*hugs*

Rep:
Level 88
Fight Tha Powah!
I love RPG Maker 2000. Just because it looks old school.
Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
Level 69
RESIDENT ADONKADONK
(Would this be considered necro'ing?)
I love VX because of the scripting, notetags, and the database, which I find a lot more manageable to use than XP's.  Before I came across XP, I was using 2k3, which I find far better than 2k. 2k3 was my way of creating something like the final fantasy games.
But now, even with VX...

I'm back.

Rep:
Level 84
---> LOL <---
i belong to the vx fan club

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Never fear anything.
I love RPG Maker 2000. Just because it looks old school.

I don't know what it is, RM2K just has that oldschool feeling XP and VX don't have. And it's always kind of a challenge to find out what kind of crap you can make using events that was never intended to be made in RM2K.

If I were truly serious about making a long game, I'd pick XP though. It's scripting capabilities are very cool.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I know this a necropost, however, I think it would be cool to take a screenshot of the current results, have everyone re-vote (add in new program options like VX Ace), and see what the new trend is...

I STILL use XP personally.

Sidenote - don't kill me for reviving a topic.

Edit: Here's a screenie for the current count User count
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 04:17:04 PM by Spirit »
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
VX Ace here. I still like to use VX every once in a while, but Ace just suits my needs too perfectly.

I still DO love to tinker around with XP, though.

Rep: +0/-0Level 64
RMRK Junior
I am hesitating at the moment between XP and VXA... VXA seems so sexy with all this scripts ... but for really making games... not just play with scripts... maybe a first game with XP is more efficient.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
VXA seems so sexy with all this scripts ...

There's alot of scripts for XP as well, and not just on this site, but other sites as well; I think comparatively, there's more scripts for XP. You just need to know where to look for them  ;)
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3