RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Upon The Mist (XP)

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP

Spoiler for Story:
I decided to separate the story into three parts. Named respectively... 

Beginning: I have yet to come up with how exactly this whole story is going to be started. Which kinda sucks because whats a good story without a strong base? It's a story with no base...

Middle: The main character (Alex, and can be renamed) finds himself on a beach. After a bit of exploring he happens to come across 2 very rare ore's in small caverns; Pryacite and Aquacite. He makes it though the caverns to find himself away from the beaches and near a river. Along side the river theres a tent, the tent belongs to none other than the Adventurer's Pavilion owner Clark. The Adventurer's Pavilion is a company that sets up makeshift inns for adventurer's all around the world. Here at the "inn" while asleep you overhear Clark and a mysterious woman named Livia talking. When you wake up you try and press Clark for some information about this "Livia". To find she's headed north to the town of Havenvale.

Ending: Now while adventuring He will come across the last two elements of ore that he has found; Earthocite and Aerocite. Both just a rare as the previously found ores. And later in the story, it becomes known that he has these and gets mugged. After losing the ores he is confronted by Livia. She then explains why it was a big deal that those were stolen. There's an evil Sorcerer named Movora. Now that has has the elemental stones he is planning to harness the elements within them; Fire/Water/Air/Earth to bring apocalypse to the world. Through Burning, Freezing, Crushing, and Shocking!

Of course I did leave out how "Alex" and Livia beat the big bad guy but you'll find out in good time of you choose to.

Spoiler for Two Main Characters:

Name: Alex (Default)
Origin: Unknown. Alex's mother died while giving birth therefor he never knew his mom. His father was a low-life who couldn't save money nor time to take care of Alex as a baby so it was off to the Orphanage for him. Since then he has grown into a mature and strong willed young man. He knows of the story behind his life and has no intentions of ever looking for his dad. He has the fondest memory of when he was a really little boy on the Orphanage; of a little girl. Her name was Livia but she found a home when she was 6. She was one year older than Alex. When Alex was 16 he finally had the right to leave the Orphanage and he did so reluctantly. He didn't want to leave because he had nowhere to go from there. But he knew he had to because he would never get anywhere staying there.

Name: Livia
Origin: Unknown. Livia grew up at an Orphanage just like Alex did she doesn't know much of anything about her parents. All she knows is that her mother is dead and her father hasn't been seen in many years. When she was 6 she found a foster home. Her foster parents taught her to be the independent, and smart young woman that she is today. She left home when she was 17 to "explore the world." Another way of saying getting away from home as she saw at it.

Spoiler for Four Ores:

Name: Aerocite
Element: Air/Lightening

Name: Aquacite
Element: Water/Ice

Name: Earthocite
Element: Earth/Metal

Name: Pyracite
Element: Fire/Lava

Spoiler for Screenshots:
Beach:

River:

Farm Village:

Inside of Tent:

House 1:

House 2:

House 3:

Spoiler for Credits:
Fugibo ~ [EDMS] Enhanced Default Menu System
Atoa ~ Atoa Custom Battle System
Unknown ~ Inside Of Tent Tileset
Unknown ~ Characters
Unknown ~ Icons
More to come

Spoiler for Extra Info:
If your the creator of the Characters, or the icons shown here then let me know so that I can credit you. Also when I get a screenshot up of the Inside Of Tent Tileset the creator can claim and get credit for his work.

Uhh i'll add more stuff when it comes to my mind.

I want to thank you guys for reading all of this. This did take a lot longer to make than I originally expected, but it does look pretty good.  :D   
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:53:09 PM by Haydenap »

Completion: ██████████40%
Demo: ██████████70%

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
well, seems ok to me. you shouldn't say stuff like (how unoriginal i am...) about your own story. It made me feel like... wtf, if he says that, why the hack didn't he just find anything else to make a game of...

But seems fine!! ;)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
I suppose that is a bit bad to say... *edits out*

EDIT: Posted some screenshots finally.

Rep:
Level 84
Will you join me in the dark side...?
i like your maps, as far as i see in this thread and on the screenshot thread. Maps woun't be a problem to play your game ;)
My Puzzle/StandAlone game in a week:

Rep:
Level 76
<3 XP
Thanks! I did fix 'em up a bit before I posted them. I tried putting some more "stuff" in them to make them appear more natural.

I think they look better than the originals on the Screenshot Thread.

EDIT: More screenshots added.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 04:53:38 PM by Haydenap »