RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
The OFFICIAL "Which maker do you use?" And General RM Discussion Topic.

Poll

Which development platform do you prefer?

RPG Maker 95
0 (0%)
RPG Maker 2000
15 (4.2%)
RPG Maker 2003
61 (17.2%)
RPG Maker XP
173 (48.7%)
Gamemaker
15 (4.2%)
Sphere
1 (0.3%)
Other (Please specify)
13 (3.7%)
Dwarra
10 (2.8%)
RPG Maker sucks
2 (0.6%)
RPG Maker VX
60 (16.9%)
RPG Maker VX Ace
4 (1.1%)
Stencyl
1 (0.3%)

Total Members Voted: 301

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
Guns don't kill people. Magic missiles do.
Just can't top the limitless possibilities of 2k3... no scripting required!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
One day, Dwarra will stop being an option on polls.
That one day will be in 100-150 years because our children will carry own the tradition while our grand-children won't.
Maybe I should try 2k3 one day. I have tried 2k and XP, but not 2k3.
I prefer XP over 2k.

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
It's so beautiful. :tpg:

Sailor Man
Rep:
Level 95
So about that money...
I might eventually use something else for a project. I want to make a fighting game, and I don't want to use RM Xp becuase it would need way too much scripting.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Apart from the bad graphics, stupid event-everything-typthingie, I think I liked RM2K3 most before RMXP was there. I have used the whole serie, starting when I was nine years old with RPGMaker 95, but these days I have to say RMXP rocks. The RUBY game scripting system is almost limitless, and you can recreate EVERYTHING you could make in RM2K3 and RM2K.

To be honest,
Unless you can find a way to make a CBS, I wouldn't use RMXP, because the battle system is really, really crappy.
That's not really hard, there are many sideviewbattle systems made yet for RMXP. You where not the only one who thiks the DBS (Default Battle System) of RMXP sucks.

Me™
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 89
Za Mullet With the Bullet ;o
GIAW 14: Participant
Rm2k3 is the best ever. It's simply infinite, and you dont have to script, as well as the uploads dont sometimes decide to not work (it's my computer, dont ask)

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Just a little side note: You do not NEED to script in RMXP  :D
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
I gotta say RMXP is way better compatibility wise. In older versions you need every single graphic resource 256 colors or it won't be accepted.

Also, coding a caterpillar system in a Rm2k3 game is a pain in the fuck. With RMXP you only need to copy and paste a script and voila.

Yeah pretty damn nice.

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
In RMXP the eventing system is a little bit weaker than in RM2k3, but you have scripts which are mroe powerful than events. Sure, you can nearly make almost anything with events what you can make with scripts, but the code of eventing will be a lot larger than the script code and it will more likely lag, because one event command is actually a few script commands + the interpreting part takes also some CPU. Check out the 7 Interpreter scripts in the script editor to see what events in RMXP REALLY are. Of course events can be enhanced with scripting. ;)
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Not to forget that in RM2K(3) the events are also scripts, yet you can not access it. The only backdraw is the half-compiled-half-interpretered from RMXP against the almost 100% compiled from RM2K(3). That is why in RM2K(3) you can have so much more events without experiencing lag (not to mention 256 color bitmaps are easier to process) in RM2K(3) then in RMXP.
ALL HAIL ME™

EXA
Rep:
Level 92
Pikachu on a toilet
Project of the Month winner for April 2007
True. That's why you can have almost lag-less event-based CBS-es and CMS-es. It's funny, you actually CAN'T say one RPG Maker is the best, lol!
Get King of Booze for Android, for iOS, for OUYA or for Windows!
Visit our website.
You can also love/hate us on Facebook or the game itself.

Get DropBox, the best free file syncing service there is!

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? The nice kind of alien~
Rep:
Level 92
Martian - Occasionally kind
Can we say that one is the worst?

\(^o^)/
Rep:
Level 92
No, because it would be a unanimous vote for 95.

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
95 actually was not THAT bad, just lack of instructions and help.  ;)
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 88
A pirate's life for me
Hmm RM95 was before my time, but I remember playing a RM95 game called "Vegeta Jr.'s Journey" or something, the game itself was really bad and the graphics sucked. Of course I don't know if it were just bad sets or it was the fault of the maker, but nonetheless.

I never played it through though, the horrible idea that it gave itself out for a DBZ fangame kept bugging me.

The new generation will go to the distance... Will the distance between us smallen?

Rep:
Level 89
I am yourself!
By the way...
Is "Dwarra" is an RPG Maker???
Symphony of Alderra : Memoirs of Life

Storyline : 200% (Overimaginatives)
Scripting : 100% (At last...)
Eventing  : 100%
Mapping   : 0.125%

Rep:
Level 92
Welcome Poster of Year 2006 Award
No, someone's joke habits seemingly.
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

Click Community Forums to join!

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
Do you see me laugh? No? Me neither.

So,From all that voted, so many still use rm2k3  :o
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 92
What do you mean still? There's nothing wrong with it.  :P

There is nothing to be surpriesed about.  ???
Do you want to be part of a growing Gaming Community, with many galleries, comics, active community, and gfx artists? Also known to be friendly. Also want some free anime music just for signing up? Play in the arcade?

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
Random-Idiot
It is more like:

Windows 95 > Windows XP
XP = new, most people use XP (not saying that it is good, as it sucks)

RM95 > RMXP
However, most people 'stuck' at RM2K3. Not saying that it is wrong at all ;)
ALL HAIL ME™

Rep:
Level 92
If you say it that way.  :tpg:

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 88
Busted - Infection...Spreaded...
I personally use RMXP, as I have this thing against RM2k3's graphics. I just didn't like them. I also found posting messages with the face at the side was annoying on 2k3, and the only other thing I've tried on the poll was GameMaker, which I thought sucked beyond all belief. Maybe it's just me. Either way, I actually like RMXP's graphics, but the battle system sucked compared to 2k3 (the one bit of the graphics I liked).

Rep:
Level 89
I am yourself!
After reading and reading....
True. That's why you can have almost lag-less event-based CBS-es and CMS-es. It's funny, you actually CAN'T say one RPG Maker is the best, lol!

Lag-less?
All my RM is lagging (Coz I'm using caterpillar on RM2K(3))!
Symphony of Alderra : Memoirs of Life

Storyline : 200% (Overimaginatives)
Scripting : 100% (At last...)
Eventing  : 100%
Mapping   : 0.125%

Rep:
Level 92
Wait 0.0 is actually a semi reknowned cure for lagging in event based systems.

Rm2k3's graphics have a sort of rpg-type feel to it.

< Zelda Fan Club

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
WOOT! I just tied XP up with 2003. lol
« Last Edit: January 07, 2007, 03:17:27 AM by Irockman1 »