RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Feedback

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Picking a favourite is based on your pokedex. Your pokedex doesn't count for shinies though, so I grab shinies from your inventory for the fave shiny part of the list ;8
bringing sexy back

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I wanted to hear a Shiny Lopunny lawlz but I gave it to Yuyu :V

But yeah that makes sense :]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Sorrry... ;9 I'll try to get you a new one, I promise.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
You can now pick 5 additional pokemon in your PC, to make up a team of 6. Here's yuyubabe's pink collection:

bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Woooah, sweet. Can't wait to toy around with this.

Rep:
Level 102
Evolution paths are now recognised in RMRKMon ;8

Here's Eeevee for example. Here's Chansey.

Big thanks to Karo Rushe for helping with the data input :ladyj:
bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Is it just me or is the cool down freaking out?  I last caught a Pokemon around 1:30 pm (my time) before I went to pick my nephew up. I just arrived home around 10 minutes ago and decided to check for another. Now if I currently own a Pokemon or it's in my pokedex (thank you, Roph, for making that easy to see at a glance) I don't catch it. I keep looking. And I've stopped using multiple tabs because I want to catch the Pokemon I want. :mad:  I did that just now and finally got Sharpedo.  I clicked on him and got "Sharpedo escaped (!)" 

Even the RMRKMon list shows that I last caught a Pokemon at: last caught: Apr 21st, 5:17 pm (which I assume would be 1:17, and that's about right)

And just in case the time becomes an issue:

I'm showing Sophist last caught at: Last caught: Apr 21st, 9:26 pm  Which is about 3 and a half hours into the future. Unless he can time travel, that isn't it.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
Also, I posted this, saw a , clicked it and caught it. And it took me about 5 minutes to type up that post. :confused:

Rep:
Level 102
All times in RMRKmon (trainer since, last caught, cooldown comparisons) are based on the timezone of the server, which is UTC.

Cooldown rates haven't changed since they were first added. Whether you have seen it before or it's in your dex or you own it makes no difference. It's just a comparison between the current time and the last time you caught something. The only exception is if the pokemon is shiny, then it's locked at 95% chance.
bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
* Baroness Jules shrugs

Rep:
Level 102
Choose a poké team in the pc =o
bringing sexy back

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
All Hail the Raikou Master :V

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
I think it'd be nice if the cooldown affected encounter chance rather than capture chance. In addition to being less rage-inducing when you see a pokemon that you'd really like escape because you just caught a stupid Jigglypuff, it would also cut down on people just ctrl+F5 spamming RMRKmon pages just to catch more Pokemon, which is really lame and defeats the whole point of the minigame. Like I understand doing that now and then - even I do it too when I realize I haven't seen one in a while so I just go to an RMRKmon page and catch one - but I suspect there are quite a few users who abuse the system as it is just because it's so simple to do so.
:tinysmile:

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
ctrl+F5 spamming RMRKmon pages

Dangit, how come I hadn't thought of that!  I do cheat and use this board a lot though lol If it's about time for another capture and I haven't seen one in my normal browsing, I come here and check through the threads xD 

I think it'd be nice if the cooldown affected encounter chance rather than capture chance. In addition to being less rage-inducing when you see a pokemon that you'd really like escape because you just caught a stupid Jigglypuff
YES!

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
just ctrl+F5 spamming RMRKmon pages

I use Ctrl+F to find pokemon... but I only catch one like every hour o:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
ctrl+F5 spamming RMRKmon pages

I do cheat and use this board a lot though lol If it's about time for another capture and I haven't seen one in my normal browsing, I come here and check through the threads xD 

Right, I don't think anyone will say there's a problem with doing that. It is a problem when someone goes from having very few pokemon to being one of the people with tons of pokemon in a very short amount of time, most likely from ctrl+F5 spamming. Even with the cooldown, if you refresh enough you're going to catch a lot. Some people admitted to doing this a while back, and while no one may explicitly say that's what they're doing now, it's pretty obvious.

Not to be all :police: on the issue, I really don't care that much, it's just kind of lame. The bigger problem I have is that encountering pokemon should be a good thing, but with cooldown affecting capture chance rather than encounter chance, it often isn't.

just ctrl+F5 spamming RMRKmon pages

I use Ctrl+F to find pokemon... but I only catch one like every hour o:

ctrl+F to find them isn't really a problem. It's the same thing as scrolling down an entire page which is what people do anyway.

EDIT: Thinking more on it now, I'm not sure how much cooldown on encounter chance rather than capture chance would make a difference. Roph would have to clarify on that issue. Maybe cooldown should just be more severe for capture chance. After a few minutes, I believe, the chance is 15%. That's not very high, but if you refresh enough you'll still catch one. But then the cooldown should wear off after 2 or 3 hours like it does now, for people that don't abuse the system, so tweaking the cooldown for capture chance might not be a good idea.

I'm getting confused now :x
« Last Edit: April 22, 2014, 09:49:35 PM by King HaloOfTheSun »

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Yeah, Ctrl+F is always a big help for me, since I tend to be rather oblivious. I never use Ctrl+F5, since it'd basically just be grinding for bytes of data and would lessen the fun and challenge of the whole thing.

Rep:
Level 102
So how about, up to 30 minutes after capturing you cannot encounter any more, and from 30-60 minutes after encountering, encounter rate is halved?
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 97
Sounds fair, I suppose the best way to see is to try it out! If everyone hates it we can always change it/go back to the way it was.

Rep:
Level 102
It's now active on RMRK =o
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I saw, but never caught a shiny charmander. My sightings shows me as having caught it. I own a regular charmander.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Yeah, I've had similar issues. If you own the normal pokemon but saw a shiny and didn't catch it, the shiny will show up as caught anyway under Sightings. It does that for me with Haunter and a couple others.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88

Rep:
Level 102
The sightings section toggles the transparency based on whether it's in your dex. Pokedexes don't care about shiny-ness, though if you've seen a shiny of a particular pokemon, the sightings section will make that distinction.
bringing sexy back