RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Simple Farming Event System

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Simple Farming System
Version: 1.1
Author: grafikal006
Date: 5-16-09

Version History

• Version 1.1: Edits by Mjustin: Modified timers to work anywhere. Plant dies if you wait too long to harvest it.
  • Version 1.0: First Release

Description

Provides a simple solution to farming. This includes planting seeds, watering them, then harvesting them.

Features

• Plant any number of different plants (Provided you have the graphic resources for them, this demo only includes 1)
  • A freeform timer for each plant
  • Plants die if you wait too long to harvest.

Planned Additional Features

• Many things, too many to think of at the moment. I'll add them if requested.

Screenshots

No necessary

Instructions

You can copy/paste the events if you want. You'll just need to make sure that you change the item ID's inside the events to fit to your own game.

Credit

• grafikal006
  • Mjustin: Up for v1.1
  • cody478: for requesting it

Support

For technical support, you can PM me or post in this topic for fast reply.

Author's Notes

Boop.

Demo

http://uploading.com/files/R1FCLOKM/Farming.exe.html
« Last Edit: February 23, 2014, 04:13:57 PM by modern algebra »

Rep:
Level 84
look at me! please... please?
thank you so much this was very helpful I started at 6:30 it's now 7:00 and i think i got it down :epic:

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
No problem, just let me know if you want anything else added to it.

Rep:
Level 89
Koopa Troopa!
I saw a system like this awhile back. Makes me wanna do a "Harvest Moon"-esque game, although, knowing me, it'll blow.

Rep:
Level 87
The Leaf
There is one thing I would suggest to make it better. The only thing that would would be to maker the timers be able to run no matter where you are. Because in order for it to work properly, you have to be in the same map as crops. But it still is pretty good, good job. ^-^
Beauty exists so that someone can tarnish it... Love exists to be lost...Innocence exists to be stolen... Souls exist to be corrupted...

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Aw damn, did I make it like that? I forget  ._.    I'll have to go and look that up sometime. I could convert them to Common Events, but it'd get a little more complicated. Maybe I'll go around revamping some of my systems when I get the time.

Thanks for your suggestion :)

Rep: +0/-0Level 83
Great tut! I love the demo, this is one of the few demo's that actually caught me in and made me want to make this for myself. Thanks!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
you're welcome :)

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
I modified it so now the timers work anywhere because the plants' growth is based on the play time in relation to 2 variables per plant. Also, I added a feature where your plant dies if you wait too long to harvest it.

http://uploading.com/files/R1FCLOKM/Farming.exe.html

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh man, that's pretty cool. Thanks for your contribution :) I'll put it up on the first post.

Rep: +0/-0Level 84
I dont wanna get in trouble for semi-necro posting, but I wanted to know if someone could help me expand upon this?