RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Ruby Face Generator

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9

Why "Ruby"? I don't know, it sounded cool.

About
Current Version: 1.0
The "Ruby Face Generator" is likely one of the largest makers you'll find out there, with many different categories and pieces to make tons of original characters. Everything is set up for you to be able to easily recolor the pieces, so the possibilities are pretty limitless. Also, the generator is set up faceset-style, so you can easily find a use for it in RPG Maker VX or VXA. :) *If requested, I may release a version that is not faceset style, for those using other programs. This generator was made in GIMP, and will be loaded as a .xcf or .psd file, since I have no programming experience. ;9

Requirements
GIMP (2.8 or higher) or Photoshop
*If you don't have either: GIMP is free to download.

Terms of Use
This face generator (and all associated graphics) were created by Dr. Mc. Please do NOT distribute this without permission from me. That would be uncool.
*Free to use in your non-commercial projects!
*Commercial projects: Credit "Dr. Mc" and provide a free copy of your game (if requested)! :)

Progress
Female Generator: 100%
Male Generator: 2%

Download
Ruby Face Gen (Female) - GIMP (.xcf)
Ruby Face Gen (Female) - Photoshop (.psd)

Samples
Spoiler for Female Samples:

Instructions & Tips
Spoiler for:
Getting Started
The faceset pieces should be organized in folders, but sometimes it is easy to get confused. Again...sorry that we weren't able to program something fancy for them. I like to start out by opening up the face generator and a blank image that is 384x192 pixels. As you select graphics to use from the generator, it helps to copy them over to the blank image. That way you won't accidentally disturb the order of the generator's contents, or recolor something permanently.

Recoloring
You'll quickly notice that all the graphics are set to the same colors (based on category). This was done so that you could easily color things the same shade, if desired (especially helpful for, say, hair pieces). Before you recolor, you really SHOULD make a copy of that piece...or drag the copy over to a blank image. Some objects (namely hair and skin) have many pieces. I tried to find a way around this, but it ended up looking tacky...sorry. Don't forget all the pieces! Also, I like to use hue/saturation or "colorize" to recolor the graphics. If you've got skillz, you can also use "contrast/brightness". :) The colors are completely in your hands!
*TIP: Write down the colors you used for objects with multiple pieces.
*TIP: Recolor "eyelids" and "lips" to create makeup! :)

Pieces Marked With (!)
I added those at the end of the name of important graphics, so be sure that you don't forget to include those!

Repositioning
If a graphic looks like it would be better off in a slightly different place, don't forget that you can reposition them! Be sure to make a duplicate of them first, though. You can also put the graphics in a different order if they are having overlapping issues. *Not all graphical pieces look great together. I tried my best to make them all work, but it just wasn't 100% possible. Sorry! ;9
« Last Edit: December 22, 2014, 08:18:09 PM by yuyu! »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Posting for DrMc: the photoshop version is now up :-]
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
This is really neat, your artwork is exceptional.  :gracie:
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep