RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VXA] The Postman (Complete!)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o

In a universe where Gods exist separately from humans, one lesser God takes on a task far greater than he could imagine.
His pursuit begins simply with a missing letter but ends in cold blood. Our God then finds himself tasked with something
completely outside of his jurisdiction: He must find a letter, and capture a killer.

A 2014 Indie Game Maker Contestant

Download The Postman

Genre: Mystery/RPG
Estimated Time: 45 m. - 1 h.

The Team:
Spoiler for:
Acolyte - Leading, Spriting
Exhydra - Story, mapping
Pacman - Scripting
yuyu - Story, dialogue
Dr. Mc - Cutscene artwork

Credits:
Spoiler for:
Graphical resources:

Ayene-chan

[Copyright](C) 2014 DEGICA Co., LTD; Enterbrain, INC;
Artists:
Lunarea
Scinaya
Jalen

CLOSET
(https://sites.google.com/site/closetvx/)
(http://closetace.wiki.fc2.com/)

SFOG
(http://foryou.opal.ne.jp/sfog/material.html#material)

[Copyright](C) 2013 ENTERBRAIN, INC;
Artists:
Jalen
Celianna
Archeia_Nessiah
(http://divisionheaven.wordpress.com/)
Scinaya
PentagonBuddy

Scripting:

Modern Algebra

Music:

"A Spring in your Step"
Artist: Scythuz

"Dreadly Indeed", "Playing Around"
Artist: Kairi Sawler

"Gravity"
Artist: Quigon

"Theme - Seasons Change", "Town - Dark City"
[Copyright](C) 2014 Joel Steudler

"Theme 01", "Changed Plans"
[Copyright](C) 2013 JDB Artist

« Last Edit: October 02, 2014, 05:10:21 AM by yuyu! »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Project of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
yeah um we actually made this awhile ago but didn't include a professional thread until now :-)

Sadly, we didn't win 10k for it, though! ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
Downloading. ^^ I'll probably play it sometime tomorrow though, but I'll let you know what I think once I am done! Maybe some screenshots in the thread could help though? ^^;

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
So this looks cool!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Downloading. ^^ I'll probably play it sometime tomorrow though, but I'll let you know what I think once I am done! Maybe some screenshots in the thread could help though? ^^;

Hey, thanks for the DL! :-) I thought about going all out with the thread, but the game is really tiny. So I kinda left things more simple. D: I might add screenshots later on, but by now I just wanted to get the thing posted (it's been waaay too long since we made it).
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
nobody liked the movie but i liked it ok i mean so what if it wasnt like the books eh
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<3
Rep:
Level 83
I am the love in your heart. <3
I played the game last night, and I really liked it! It's true that it's tiny XD But it's really cute-the graphics are really beautiful and the characters are lovable. XD

Great job with it. I'll look for more games by you. ^^

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awww, thanks! :-) Due to complications, we ended up making the game in one week. That's why it was so short. :(

Though to be honest, I can't really take credit for the game itself. :) Exhydra and Aco came up with the God of Missing Letters thing. I just made it into a detective game and did the writing.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 62
RMRK Junior
Damn, and here I thought this was going to be a remake of the David Brin novel to make up for the dreadful movie adaption we received. Too bad, as that would have made for a decent sci-fi rpg. But this still looks pretty decent, so I may play it anyways.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
just a humble detective game B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
This was a nice short game xD! I liked all the characters (even the killer :3) and the gorgeous introduction.

What could of been improved, however, is it to be not so linear. I mean, letting the player suspect someone and make deductions. If wrong, just give the bad ending.
I also don't get why the killer didn't get the f*** away from there? After all, <the killer> had the letter, right? But I understand it's kinda a fantasy setting ('Undelivered Letters God', LOL!).
Another suggestion is: When interrogating about characters, show the face of the sprite as the icon, matching the character in question. At the beginning, I was kinda lost on who was who.

I had my fun ^^ Good job!
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:43:14 PM by Kyuukon »

やれやれだぜ。

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Thanks, Kyuu! :) I appreciate the feedback!

There was certainly a lot of things that we intended to do with the game, including just about everything you mentioned. Actually...basically exactly what you mentioned. :B This game ended up being part of a contest, and sadly we got around to making it a bit late and had to cram the whole project in a week (which was partially my fault because I kept bickering over the plot). The artwork and writing parts were easy for us, but we started to run out of time when it came to the actual gameplay. ;~;

Thanks again for playing it! :ladyj:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep: +0/-0Level 37
RMRK Junior
I see... That's why I don't like contests like that! Good things take time. But a chance to win $10k is a chance to win $10k, I guess xP

Better luck for the next :tinysmile:

やれやれだぜ。

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I see... That's why I don't like contests like that! Good things take time. But a chance to win $10k is a chance to win $10k, I guess xP

Better luck for the next :tinysmile:

That $10k sounds nice, but I kinda think I'll stick to make my free hobby games. I learned my lesson on that one. :B I love working under pressure, but I'd rather have fun. B) Who knows? Maybe I'll try another one of those contests next time.
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
At any rate, I don't think I'll trust an RPGmakerweb contest again. It was just one big clusterfuck. And in the end, even all the non-rpgs were rpgs.
Makes me feel bad for all the people that spent so long coding and creating original art only to lose out to baby's first rpg maker game. :anski2:

I know I've said it before, but I'm really grateful to you guys for your work. Everyone did a great job.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Makes me feel bad for all the people that spent so long coding and creating original art only to lose out to baby's first rpg maker game. :anski2:

Aye, that one pissed me off, too. Some of the games that placed looked absolutely awful. I felt bad for all those really great projects that we saw that didn't make it at all. ;9
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]