RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[VX] The song of Nephilim

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Greetings everyone

Lets star saying that i'm really not sure about making this post and sharing my game,
but since i'm using resources from all of you i just want to let you know what i'm doing with it.

This game is not for commercial purposes also i'm working by my own here, so you expect some failures in the game development, this game is based on a Dungeon and Dragons campaign i made a few years back, so basically i'm just telling a story about something a played with a group of friends,  you will see elements from others places like names and characters and probably even some story background.

I'm making this game as a hobby but i'm finding game design pretty interesting, it has been a week since i start  using a maker and i want to share what i've accomplished so far.

Name of the game:             The Song of Nephilim

Background:        A group of friends were chosen to protect a little girl and some                                                magic gem, the girl doesn't speak and they don't know why people is trying to kill this little girl and stole the gems, so they choose to protect this little one and collect the scattered gems and stop the "bad guys" in the process.

Main characters:

Mirak: (Rogue) (age 17) he is an orphan living in the church of Tyr in the city of baldur's gate, he's is been since a young age, and doesn't remember much of his life before baldur's gate.

Lionheart: (Swordmage) (age 17) this young hybrid warrior specialize in the use of magic through his sword, he is the son of Maggi the inn owner, and he is Samael younger brother, he is a humble guy and always willing to help those in need.

Samael: (Warlock) (age 18) he is a warlock, his a natural magic user, but his magic is very limited, he thinks he will be the most powerful warlock of all time, and he is always bragging about it, he is Lionheart's older brother and his primary mission is to annoy his brother as much as he can.

The world: The forgotten Realms

The Music: mostly the sound track of "Last remnant" among songs from others of my favorite games

Demo: not available yet

Screen shots

This is it for now, i will be adding more stuff later

« Last Edit: December 13, 2011, 07:23:23 AM by acuarion »

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
GIAW 14: 1st Place (Hard Mode)
Wow, based off of a DnD campaign, pretty interesting. I don't really like the look of that bottom screenshot (forest) but the others look nice. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this. Hopefully I get to play the demo sometime soon.

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Thanks....i know the forest can look better, but like i said, i'm working alone in here and i'm new using a maker, but i'll see what i can do ;)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I don't know why I didn't see this yet. Looks pretty good, acuarion! :) Much, much better then when I tried to make my first game haha! Your maps look pretty good, but I see a tiny issue with the forest one, as well. It seems the tree clutters don't always quite fit together and a few of them cut off and such :(.

The characters look really cool ~ and I like the title screen, and the battlers!

Keep up the good work & good luck! :) I look forward to this game.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Thanks :D  and about that forest, it was actually my first time working with those tiles and you now they can be tricky :) and i was doing a double job cuz i was placing the trees over a generated dungeon, so i had to delete the tiles of the dungeon first and then place the trees and eventually got tired and started to click all over the place just to finish :p but im gonna fix it  you'll see :)

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Thanks :D  and about that forest, it was actually my first time working with those tiles and you now they can be tricky :) and i was doing a double job cuz i was placing the trees over a generated dungeon, so i had to delete the tiles of the dungeon first and then place the trees and eventually got tired and started to click all over the place just to finish :p but im gonna fix it  you'll see :)

Oh, I know the feeling! I used to get tricked by those trees, too! :( It's best to work slowly with the trees. :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Hold the presses! You said nothing about this Joel character. Unless thats... the little girl?

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Right! Joel....well i had my reasons not to mention him, but since you're asking here is a little something about him.

Joel (Cleric of Tyr) (Age 16) he is the son of Father Griffin (head cleric of the church of Tyr) this church is also an orphanage and Joel helps his father running the place, he and Mirak are like brothers (Mirak lives in the orphanage)  Joel's magic comes from his faith, he uses divine prayers to help his allies.

There is also

Shun (Wizard specialized in the abjurant school of magic) (abjurer for short) (age 65) (race Elf) that's why he looks so young. He is the the grandson of Maralor (one of the city elders) and he is the top student of the magic academy, he is mainly a buffer but he can also use some offensive magic.

Arfic (Warrior/barbarian) (age 69) (Race Dwarf) he is the son of Agrim (the city blacksmith) he came to Baldur's gate with his dad when he was a young dwarf, he is member of the city militia, he is also short tempered and lose it often (Rage)

There are others playable character but i'm not going to mention them now, so you have to wait until the game is complete :P

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm liking the new character additions, but I have to ask two things... Shun is an elf, right? I was a little confused that he didn't have pointy ears, but it could just be a different kind of elf or something?? Also, Arfick looks quite a bit younger then a 69 year old to me hahaha but that may be because he's a dwarf. The character edits look very clean, though. I like them. :)

Story line sounds very interesting ~ good job with everything! :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

<o>_<o>
Rep:
Level 72
2014 Best Artist2013 Best ArtistFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Gold - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Wow, this is good! But I did notice a problem with your character Joel, his hair is blue but his eyebrows our brown. I really like the story though, your doing great! :D

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
thank you thank you :D

i forgot about shun ears  :o i realized the mistake after the pic was post (honestly i forgot he was an elf when i was generating the face) :) i will fix it later, about arfic, i didn't do the face like i did the others, i found that in a page and i decided to use it, the thing is i want all the faces with the same format but the face generator im using doesn't have anything i could use for a dwarf, also i could find any dwarf sprites so he will be a little taller for a dwarf also...maybe i just make him human instead of a dwarf  :-\

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
He does look like a dwarf to me haha. It's just he looks really good for his age :) but that would make sense if he's a dwarf, that means he could perhaps age differently then humans? :)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 76
Praise the Sun (Arcana)
Just mentioning Baldur's Gate makes me excited. I'm liking the look of these characters. But yeah, the dwarf does look pretty young, probably a bit of color tweaks in the hair color might be all that's needed to make him look older. Of course you can do anything else - Unless he's fine like he is.

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
well he is a young dwarf indeed, he is suppose to be a kid or in a age range like the other team members, in the DnD world dwarves live longer than humans but less than elves and they start to show beard to a really young age, they are rarely skinny even women have some muscle and facial hair,  so i think he is ok as it is :)

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Sorry for the delay i was having computer problems
the good news is that i have the demo ready for play is really short but i hope you enjoy it,  here it is
http://www.4shared.com/rar/fIT_RKf7/the_song_of_nephilim.html
Remember that this is my first game ever so please be kind with me, and give a lot of useful tips  ;)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2012, 10:57:36 PM by acuarion »

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
ok it seems there is a problem with one of mp3 in the .exe archive and it is giving an error at the time of extrection, let me fix that and i will let you know when is ready

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Alrighty :) Best of luck, I will find time to try this out!
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
Ok i need some advice.....the thing is im using imported mp3 for my game music and for some reason that i dont know i cant open my compressed game because one of mp3 files i imported, i mean i compress the game add RTP and encrypt the data and the process en up fine, but when i try to open the .exe project to check it out the extraction fail at 99% with an mp3, so i removed the mp3 did all the compressing process again and it failed with another imported mp3, now is like im caught in a loop removing imported mp3 one by one and i dont want to do that because my game will die if i dont have the proper music, i dont know what else to do, i try the game without encrypting and adding RTP and i still got the same outcome, anyone knows what my problem cold be?

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'm not a professional on music, but if it's going act up I would consider making the files into .WAV format instead of .MP3. You can export it as a .WAV using Audacity, which is free. It may be some issue in the system - I wish I knew why it was doing that :(. Personally, I've never had this problem with RMVX.

EDIT: If you really want a solution and can't find the answer to the problem, I'd recommend making a help topic on one of the help boards or whatnot. That may grab the attention of someone who knows that stuff better then me haha.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2012, 02:40:43 AM by yuyubabe »
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 61
@_@
Do any of the audio files it's making you remove have any foreign characters in the names?

It can also bug if the file is too large (usually always caused by music). To get around this without converting the mp3 files you can move the audio folder out of the game, compress it, then put it back in. It's not a perfect fix but it gets the job done. Just be very careful when you're moving folders around.

Rep:
Level 63
RMRK Junior
well im still having problems with the audio files, but for now you gonna be able to try the demo and see the basis
http://www.4shared.com/rar/FmGr3VkT/song_of_nephilim_demo.html

just copy the audio files inside the Audio\BGM folder in the game root directory and you should be able to play the demo with the sounds

so enjoy.....:D

PS: For those who knows japanese....please dont laugh at my batlecries :/ im using jap voices even though i have no clue what they mean just because i like how they sound, so yes those who can actually understand those battlecry will have a sure laugh about it, and if i apologize beforehand if any of those is offensive (i dont think they will) but just in case :)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 06:05:37 AM by acuarion »