RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Game In A Week XIII

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
You two are making for a sad fox. ;-;

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
3 in, 2 out. ;_;

Still a bunch more to go, though. ;o You guys got this!

Pssst...I hope you guys liked my game. >B) Bwahahahahhahahaha!
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014
Yeah, I don't mean to jump on the bandwagon, so I wont >.>
But honestly, I dunno if I'll finish it on time. I'm having a lot of fun making it though, so I'll keep going at it as best I can. I just don't know if I'll get to do everything that I have planned. I've still got most of the days left, so, fingers crossed!

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
You don't need to worry about getting everything done, just submit what you have got done.
Honestly, the only reason to drop out really is if you have nothing to submit at all by the end~

Rep:
Level 87
*Collapses on desk* I... *breathes* finished it.

*dies*

I literally scored the entire game in 20 minutes at 11:00 PM. Don't expect much xD. I started getting that panicky laugher you get when you get close to a deadline. It...It was quite the show.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Well done, but I wouldn't worry; we all get our best work done on a tight deadline :D

Looking forward to trying it out! Had fun with the submissions so far :)

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Four people who finished and only two quitters. I'm liking the numbers so far! Next up on due dates is flapbat by the end of today, and Exhydra, PhoenixFire, and akatharsia all due in tomorrow. I'm looking forward to this~

Rep: +0/-0Level 70
RMRK Junior
Participant - GIAW 11
Wow already few out? Well that's a surprise. Anyway. Don't count on us backing out. The work is going more than smoothly so far. Game is starting to take shape really well too. Unfortunately it will only be a prequel to the full game so don't expect too much out of it. One thing I can say though. The game is much more polished already than my last year's entry. Good luck to all. Back to work now ^.^

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
That's definitely good to hear. I'll fully expect to see your game in my PM box then before midnight on your due date then with such confidence. :P

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
You don't need to worry about getting everything done, just submit what you have got done.
Honestly, the only reason to drop out really is if you have nothing to submit at all by the end~
Oh, that's good to hear. I'll definitely have something :P

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Good to hear! You'd be surprised at how good unfinished things can be; it's a real shame when otherwise good work goes to waste and goes unseen just because it was never handed out due to "not being finished".

A story being complete isn't what makes the game good, and you'll get plenty of benefit out of submitting something and getting critique!  :)

Rep:
Level 87
Speaking of critique, will we get to actually see what the judges thought about our game this time around? I was kinda disappointed that I didn't get to read any feedback after the competition was over.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Yeah. The games are being played and scored as they're being submitted, but none of the scores or feedback is being posted until a set date after the completion of the whole event; everyone's will be getting revealed at once.
You will definitely be getting feedback, and feedback from each judge as well as possibly the community too :)

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I swear, this has to be true about all game makers... So I literally just finished up about~80% of the demo/game/chapter, and all that I have left is to polish up the graphics a bit, such as replacing some of the RTP defaults, add a few more customization mechanics to the start of the game, and, make sure there aren't any obvious bugs, like typos, or portals into a room, but not out of it...

Yanno, I think I may actually finish a game/demo for once. Less than 24 hours to go though (I'm on EST, so I have about 23 hours lolz)
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 83
I finished, but I think I'm past due and therefor disqualified?

Will the judges still play it?  I've never worked this hard on a game in my life, and I'm really happy with how it turned out!

-flap

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I'm not a judge this time around, but whenever we did GIAW XI (the genre one), we still accepted late projects, but with point deductions. What about something like this?

Late by less than 1 hour = -.5 points from the OVERALL score.
Late by 1-24 hours = -1 point from the the OVERALL score.
Late by more than 1 day = disqualified OR -1 for every day late the project is. So, a project 3 days late would only be able to score 7/10 at MOST (projects very rarely score 10/10 or even 9/10 anyways).

It makes a huge difference in the scoring and in most cases would prevent someone from winning that GIAW, but I think it's fair to still let that person receive the feedback necessary for their projects - and we all know the feedback is the best part! B)

But that's just my opinion. It's up to the host and judges! :)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks for your input.  I'm not concerned with winning, although pizza does sound nice!  I just want my game to still get played!  It's not fair to go past deadline anyhow.  There was no way I could have finished my game without the extra almost 24 hours.  So there's no point in comparing it to games that made the deadline, imo.

Bitch
Rep:
Level 87
Bits'n'Pixels
Up to Zylos in the end, although I'm happy to play and score it either way :)
Think yuyu's on point though, instant DQ for being late is a bit harsh and beyond the spirit of the game.
If you'd come back a week late I wouldn't accept it (personally) as it defeats the point of GIAW, but a couple of hours or a day...? Seems fine to be with point deductions of some degree.  Will wait till I get a decision from Zylos~

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Only a few days left for me. I'm not sure how much I'll have done, but here's a screenie!
Spoiler for Reggina the chicken soup lady:
You can play as a male hero, or female hero. The one you don't choose ends up being your neighbor/ally.
I definitely want to continue this game after the contest, but for this week, I'm only planning on creating the first quest and battle.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Flapbat - I remember you asked to delay your start so I put you down for Tuesday, August 12th (since that was the time of your post in my timezone) to the 18th. Taking into account the timezone differences and when you actually started according to your post, you're still technically late by a few hours, but not nearly as bad as you thought you were. I'll discuss it with the judges; either way, it'll get played still. :3

Rep:
Level 83
Thanks Zylos!  I still feel like I'm breaking the rules though  ;)

Speaking of which, I've been playing through and had to re-upload.  There were a number of errors that stopped game progression...  So please do redownload from the same link!

-flap

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
For today, we have Exhydra, PhoenixFire, and akatharsia all due before midnight tonight. Exhydra and PhoenixFire have both posted some screens/info about their projects, so I've high hopes to see both of your projects in my box when I wake up tomorrow. Akatharsia hasn't really posted anything except when their start date is, but Imma cross my fingers that all went well and there'll be three projects submitted tonight.

After these three, we've got Kingjing due in tomorrow, followed by Chaos_Zexion, SamieltheMDS, and the Darkness & Axel duo due in the day after. I wonder who will be able to finish, and who'll fall flat of their deadline~ >:3

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
At this point, it's polishing up details for me (which I should be doing instead of being on here :P ), correcting typos, small glitches, etc.

I'm actually pretty damn proud of myself. It's far from the best work I've ever done, and now that I have a base to start from, I think I will actually be continuing this after the contest is over :D
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I'm excited about my project for sure, but I think I'm going to reveal the details of how I came by the premise after the judging is completed.

Screenies to come. Possibly tonight!

Rep:
Level 83
A blurb about my game, since I didn't have time to write one while I was making it!

Title:
Farmyard Chronicle

Genre:
Adventure/RPG

Synopsis:
A whimsical adventure full of magic and farm animals!

Screenshots:

Castle Towers

Minecart Mini-game

The game is full of exploration, puzzles, and prizes.  And I managed to cram in some optional content and multiple endings!

-flap