RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RMRK, give me your legends for RMRKario Ware!

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Everytime I come to RMRK, I open that thread in a new tab and close it. That way I can see if somebody else posted in that board.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Everytime I come to RMRK, I open that thread in a new tab and close it. That way I can see if somebody else posted in that board.

Trust me, it doesn't happen very often.

(I do the EXACT same thing, by the way). ._.

*edit*

"Oh, great. Not another Touhou Fantasy update--
Wha...? LOL HALO"

His comment on that thread deserves some praise. 8) I'd praise him on that thread, but uh...I don't want it to keep spamming my unread replies. ._.

Oh, wow. That's not even Halo's first plea for the guy to stop. You know there's a problem when the guy alone is 7% of ALL posts in the Substantial Projects sections.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 05:11:08 AM by yuyubabe »
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
It's not a problem, he's just using the topic as a game dev blog at this point. Nothing wrong with that, nothing wrong at all.
Also I think every memorable moment I have been around for has been mentioned already.

Moew ;9 I miss you Skanker
« Last Edit: July 22, 2013, 09:47:52 AM by D&P3 »
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Okay, long shot here, but oddly enough does anyone here still have that picture of Bio's supposed penis? Or any old pictures of the ever drunk SexualBubbleGumX?

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Moew ;9 I miss you Skanker
We all miss Skanker.  :tpg:
なんでやねん

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Most Unsung Member2012 Best NewbieFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Also I think every memorable moment I have been around for has been mentioned already.
Wait!

AbsoluteIce's GameOver Screen Shenanigans ;8
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Wait!

AbsoluteIce's GameOver Screen Shenanigans ;8
That doesn't seem like a bad idea   :aco:
なんでやねん

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
touhou fantasy isn't even acknowledged as a thing outside of that one thread. literally no one else here even cares about it.

Rep:
Level 96
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Somebody needs to give Xenomic, the "Shit nobody cares about" award. Give em one of those little badges.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 77
RMRK Junior
touhou fantasy isn't even acknowledged as a thing outside of that one thread. literally no one else here even cares about it.
So I'm the only other person here who likes Touhou? I was thinking GameFAQs should ban Zelda and Final Fantasy characters from future character battles for balance reasons, myself. But I digress.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
So I'm the only other person here who likes Touhou? I was thinking GameFAQs should ban Zelda and Final Fantasy characters from future character battles for balance reasons, myself. But I digress.
it's not about liking touhou, it's that xenomic has put 4 years of their life into the DATABASE of a game with maps made primarily with the paint bucket tool.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Okay, maybe I'm blind, but does anyone still have a copy of that gameover screen of AbsoluteIce's?

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
Okay, maybe I'm blind, but does anyone still have a copy of that gameover screen of AbsoluteIce's?

You mean the one with Dr. Mc's face? :P We actually never saw that one, I don't know if he created it or not at the time.
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
RMRKario Ware!

Okay, so! Now that the GIAW is over, I can get you guys to help more directly for some stuff! I'm gonna move this over to the recruitment board and start putting up more specific info on what's already in the game, what is on the thought list, and what is still needed.

To begin with, there are already plenty of good ideas out there for "themes" for minigames in RMRKario Ware. We've got tons of legends and memes and silly shit that we can use, but quite obviously not everything can be used as an actual minigame itself without some creative ideas on how to actually work it. That's what I need from you guys most of all: GAMES. Games, specific ideas for how to make some games, possible graphics for making games, and of course ideas for possible ideas for making games. But mostly games and specific ideas for making games. This is a game all about RMRK, and I want RMRK to help chip in as much as possible to make it about as many parts of RMRK as possible.

But wait, there's more! I'm dividing the "storymode" up into five sections: there's the initial easy mode, which is just a small grab bag of all the minigames, and the final hard mode which is a tougher version of a lot of the minigames; then we have minigames based strictly off of existing RPG Maker games like the GIAW entries, minigames based off of memorable RMRK events and other general RMRK shenanigans like Irock's bleach drinking, and minigames based off of popular RMRK video games such as TF2, AoE, and anything real games that a lot of us like to play.

So, to cap, I need ideas for games about RPG Maker games (good or bad), games about RMRK specific shenanigans, and games about actual video games that are popular with RMRK members. Things like NAMKCOR's Catgirl Factory or Portwine or Binding of Isaac are perfect examples, though it would reaaaally help out if you offer suggestions for how to turn the theme or idea into an actual minigame to play. If you wanted to take it a step further, I'm always open for people who want to PM me actual full-made minigames from VXA, although keep in mind that almost everything will have to be altered / edited to actually fit in with the overall mechanics of RMRKario Ware.

Ready/Finished Games:
  • GIAW 7's "Chibi Quest"
  • GIAW 8's "Haunted Maize"
  • GIAW 9's "Nightmare"
  • GIAW X's "Haunted Turnabout"
  • Who puts nails in wood?
  • Ban Chewey! (Blame Malson)
  • Taco Revolution / 2 lb Burrito
  • "Eye of the Tiger"
  • "Slashbulk" / Games aren't supposed to be like nature, dude
  • "Gate of Light"
  • Jomarcenter's Mind Control Kit
  • "To The Moon"
  • "RMRK Holiday Crisis"

Ideas to be implimented:
  • Biohazard's "Penis vs. Vagina"
  • Ghost Dog
  • Irock's Bleach Drinking
  • Team Fortress 2 (Steam game)
  • Adrien's Flaming Troll Incident
  • Hyobang's Impressive English Skills
  • Jomarcenter's Questionable RPG Maker
  • Legend of Naphe
  • Port Wine
  • Dwarra
  • UT
  • AOE2
  • NAMKCOR's joke games
  • Nightwolf's Dog Burning
  • :bean:
  • Animefan's Weird Fetishes
  • i liek puzzels
  • -smashing-
  • FUCK YOU I'M AN ANTEATER
  • (More ideas here)

Feel free to post away random ideas if you have any, or PM me if you want to help more directly. Anything offered will be appreciated! Unless you're a random new guy with one post trying to offer a minigame about your own crappy project, then you can just fuck off.

Additionally as a side thing, I'm also looking for a decent (but free) artist willing to help me design some collectible cards. The idea is for players to earn random cards based off of how much of the storymode they've played, how long they survive in survival mode, and random fun achievements that the play unlocks as they go along. These cards all sport chibi-like images of known RMRK members or images of elements from some of the better minigames (ex: you earn a Malson card from beating the Haunted Maize minigame, and a Tiger card from Irock's Eye of the Tiger minigame). Tell me you don't want to hunt around the game trying to find a chibi version of yourself in card form. :P

Most of what is done is being improvised as I go along, but everything will come together with enough to work with. Thanks in advance to everyone who helps out. :3

Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&