MBlok - by tSwitch
MBlok was an entry in Ludum Dare #26 for the theme Minimalism. I ranked #77 out of 1,609 entries, and have been lazily putting this off for about a year, but I think it's time to finish it up.
I'm going to be working on a full release for desktop ( Windows/OSX at first, Linux when I get a chance ). If I get the interface right, I'll be trying to release an iOS and Android version as well, but desktop is my first priority.
Once I refine the current code a bit, and make it compatible with the latest version of HaxePunk, I'll post a demo for testing.
Gameplay is fairly simple. You click to clear colors in the world block. Each click will also clear adjacent blocks of the same color. The gimmick is you can shift gravity with WASD or the arrow keys. Use gravity to clear the block in as few clicks as possible.
There is some early gameplay footage at the end of the time-lapse.Planned Changes
v0.7 Desired Changelog
- SFX Moved to Global Static to reduce memory usage and loading
- Remove Timer ( shifting game less about beating time, and more about the PAR )
- Add a quick level reset button
- Integrate a proper level editor
- Compatibility with latest HaxePunk release