RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[haXe] MBlok

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

MBlok - by tSwitch

MBlok was an entry in Ludum Dare #26 for the theme Minimalism.  I ranked #77 out of 1,609 entries, and have been lazily putting this off for about a year, but I think it's time to finish it up.

I'm going to be working on a full release for desktop ( Windows/OSX at first, Linux when I get a chance ).  If I get the interface right, I'll be trying to release an iOS and Android version as well, but desktop is my first priority.

Once I refine the current code a bit, and make it compatible with the latest version of HaxePunk, I'll post a demo for testing.

Gameplay is fairly simple.  You click to clear colors in the world block.  Each click will also clear adjacent blocks of the same color.  The gimmick is you can shift gravity with WASD or the arrow keys.  Use gravity to clear the block in as few clicks as possible.

There is some early gameplay footage at the end of the time-lapse.

[M]edia
---

Timelapse Video on Youtube
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH4lIer5IE0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mH4lIer5IE0</a>

Screenshots of the Ludum Dare Release

Planned Changes
    v0.7 Desired Changelog
    • SFX Moved to Global Static to reduce memory usage and loading
    • Remove Timer ( shifting game less about beating time, and more about the PAR )
    • Add a quick level reset button
    • Integrate a proper level editor
    • Compatibility with latest HaxePunk release

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

gufi pls
Rep:
Level 39
i'm problaby sleeping.
looks great! i can't wait for the demo!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for August 2008Project of the Month winner for December 20092011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Thanks, once I get it playable (0.7) I'll post a box link up here to the Windows and Mac compatible builds.  Linux will come later on in the development cycle.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon