RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Kingdom Hearts: Age of Guardians

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Most Promising Project 2014

Spoiler for:
    Liek, honestly, I haven't really even decided this, but liek please b interest.

Spoiler for:
    This project is my attempt at recreating the kingdom hearts experience in a 2d environment using rpg maker. This project is a skill builder and tests my skills in art, music, scripting, and writing, all while enjoying the hobby of game making.

Outdated as hell, don't judge.
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:
Spoiler for:

KK20 & LittleDrago for Custom Resolution & Various Script Fixes
Terv for Kiss Engine Tutorial
Gameus for Original Wave class
Unknown Author for Screen Blur script
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:11:22 PM by Zexion »

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
I figured that I would post my project here since I am slowly becoming more and more active on this site.
Here's a battle demo, it has lots of bugs, but it's there for teh lols.
Battle System Test
Some of the screens are old, but the game has had steady progress, all-be-it a bit slower as of late.

Rep:
Level 81
it's time to poke
Wow, this looks really unique! I'll be keeping tabs on this fangame ;)

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Definitely one of the better KH fangames I've seen.

I wish you the best of luck on this!

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Thank you guys. I posted my other fan game a few years back and got some...not so nice comments. It kinda discouraged me, but I've come a long way since then with the help of friends and stuff. I'm happy that you guys like it :)

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Just about finished the item menu. I finished the hardest part, now all that's left is the final touch.
It has 4 tabs for different types of items, and an "All" tab for all items.
Spoiler for:

Here's a gif of it in action. I made a "Light" class for the little ball so i can use it on other menus easily :D
Spoiler for:

Rep:
Level 85
Hey Zexion o.o I've found you on a new site.

Just wanted to say "hey" and to tell you to keep up the good work on your project. I love KH, and your game has always looked promising to me :3 Hope you put up a demo soon!

Rep:
Level 40
Just keep scrollin'~
Even though I've never played KH (yet), this seems epic!

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Thanks guys, this isn't dead I just haven't had time to work on it. I'm hoping to have more time next month :D

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Alright, so I'm getting back to this now :]
Just about finished the titlescreen! Don't know why the quality is only 360p. I recorded it the same as always o.o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0spaSwXGpM
All music in this is done by me :3

Info:
  • The titlescreen/intro is completely scripted. No events at all :D
  • Background and selection colors change depending on the last character you used to create a save file
  • Characters in the titlescreen are not final at all. They are placeholders for the real characters of the game.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Dude, this looks sweet! B) How did I not see this sooner?
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Glad you like it! I've just started making the graphics for the first world :]
I really hope I can have a playable demo soon!

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Been focusing on the story. Making it less of a fan fiction and more of a continuation of kingdom hearts. Obviously it's still fanfiction, but I'm trying to avoid super fan-like things like mixing in nintendo characters and random characters that don't belong. I thought the easiest way would be to make new characters, so I created the Age of Gaurdians with plans to have a school of gaurdians that protect the light. That seemed a bit far fetched though so I limited it to my original characters. The backstory is explain in an optional cutscene at the end of the game.

I've also been working on the sprites for the different world based characters. Here are a couple of new ones :)

Don't want to spoil too much of the plot, but this game will have only new worlds/characters. Including but not limited to Maleficent, Elsa, and Hercules.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
E-Elsa...? ;________________;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
That Maleficent is mad cool
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
E-Elsa...? ;________________;
:tpg: u liek et? lol Frozen is going to be the 3rd or 4th world. I want to hold it off to create some kind of hype... or something >.>
That Maleficent is mad cool

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
I haven't updated anything on this forum for a while, and i kinda want to, so I'll just leave some stuff here that I posted on CP.

1st things first (im the realist)
Spoiler for Commands:
So liek update, kinda a good one. Finally made a command system. Commands hold tons of information like exp, levels, damage stats, cooldown time, etc. Basically this is the system from birth by sleep. Eventually I will also add data that will allow them to be combined.
Now some pictures to explain what I mean, for those that don't know.

Spoiler for:
Here you can see that there are four slots available.
  • In beginner mode you start with 4 unlocked, and unlock up to 7 slots through story mode.
  • In normal/proud mode you start with 3 unlocked, and unlock up to 7 slots through story mode.
  • In critical mode you start with 1 unlocked, and unlock up to 4 slots through story mode.
Spoiler for:
Most people who know kingdom hearts, know that these slots hold anything that can be of use in battle. Spells, Attacks, Items, Etc.
Here you see some examples of what can be held in the slots.
  • Attacks/Spells can gain experience from killing enemies. Experience is calculated per command, so a "blitz" attack will have different rates from the "Flame Wheel".
Spoiler for:
  • These "combat" commands can have varying max levels. (items show current stock)
  • With each level, the cooldown time is reduced, and the command becomes a tiny bit stronger.
  • As a result, healing spells, and defensive combat will have slower rates.
  • Once max level is reached, they can be used in command synthesis. (Which I will explain at a later date haha)
Maleficent don't want nun
Spoiler for Maleficent:
Last but not least!
Spoiler for:
Yay for combos and hitboxes :D
« Last Edit: November 14, 2014, 07:24:02 PM by Zexion »

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
This game still looks amazing. ;_; Any eta on a demo?
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
Well I'm going to do A LOT this winter break. If I stick to my plans, I will accomplish more during this upcoming break than I've ever done before. I don't want to make any promises that I can't keep, but it is very possible that a short demo (at least 1 world in length) will be ready at the end of the break (january 1st-ish). Which is horrible timing, I know, but it will be the first official demo release.

For now I was working on the chat system:
Spoiler for Fancy Chat System:

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
is this going to be on the xbox one and ps4? i want to pwn some noobs XXDD
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
is that supposed to be dwayne "the rock" Johnson as hurk

Rep:
Level 72
The cloaked schemer
is this going to be on the xbox one and ps4? i want to pwn some noobs XXDD
lolno. But I'm working on edits to RMX-OS that should allow the mirage arena section to work similarly to the birth by sleep online version.
is that supposed to be dwayne "the rock" Johnson as hurk
Yes lol. The characters in this version are all based on the newest movies which is somehow explained in the game.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4df3zcMDZq0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4df3zcMDZq0</a>

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
also that's MGM not disney?

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Seriously though, will Iron Man be in this?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&