RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
the future helper series official topic

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
On the note of the logo, really good job Countdown.  The only problem that I personally have about the detail of the logo is the fact that unless someone joins Jomar in working on the game, it will not fit the art style of the rest of the game.

I like the logo too ^^
It's very good, but as you said: it will be really difficult for jomar to match the expectations it rises.
Also jomar:
If you don't know what could be improved (and I have to admit I doubt you do) you shouldn't say that it can.
He told you to tell him if you want something changed, then tell him or don't say it can be improved Oo

Also:
"Thank you very much I'll gladly use it" ;) (or something along the line)
After all he worked hard for your game and wants to know if you're going to use it!

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
The new logo isn't as colorful as the old one :(
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
But more fitting for the serious story jomar plans, I think, after all it's a family war.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
But more fitting for the serious story jomar plans, I think, after all it's a family war.
well i will have to wait until the title (the name of the game) is added to the logo and i will see if it now ready to use...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
Then you should tell him that you want the text on it Oo
He can't guess what you are thinking Oo
Or try doing at least that yourself...

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Then you should tell him that you want the text on it Oo
He can't guess what you are thinking Oo
Or try doing at least that yourself...
well he already pm me about the title i just waiting for the reply...
and i kinda like to revisit my old game that i created using stencyl (yeah my other game got an award...) and add new levels
the game called shoot the ball robot (it got 4th place on the top 5 newgrounds submission as of jan 15 2012)
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 02:09:16 PM by jomarcenter »

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
I'm sorry Jomar but I don't believe that your game won any awards for excelling in anything.

Please provide proof if I am wrong.
Also I don't think that logo that countdown made will look very good for your game. Same goes for Todds window.

There art looks pretty nice, and unless you somehow get them to work on all the artwork for your game, it's just going to look inconsistent and very unpretty.
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
I think he meant his Stencyl flash game on Newgrounds, which if I recall right is pretty much just one of the example projects that came with Stencyl but with some... "Jomarcentering" done to it to tone it down.

Rep:
Level 84
So what (in everybody here's opinion) should be done to make the logo fit more of Jorma's style?

And I really appreciate the compliments. I've never really gotten compliments for my art before.

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
It should be the other way round:
Jomar should try aiming for better art, not just some colors put on a screen in paint (or whatever he uses).

@Jomar: How about reading Tutorials and trying some effects on your other images (eg the "newspaper" one?) to make them look more like "art" / make them show that there's work behind it

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I'm sorry Jomar but I don't believe that your game won any awards for excelling in anything.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/588041

His flash game. He got a daily 4th place.  Most of his games seem to be incomplete for the most part.  I won't even say why I think he got that.

I'm seeing a trend there, Jomarcenter.  You really do seem to have troubles finishing a game or just completely half-assing a project.  I strongly encourage you to drop one of your three current games and finish one.  One of your games on there has been there since 2010 and none of the problems with it were worked out and then the next one was made in may of last year and all it has is a couple introduction levels that explain some things.  If that is any indication of your drive to complete a game, I think some of the people's CONSTRUCTIVE criticism telling you to finish one project at a time may have merit. 

At the very least, take the 64 digits competition seriously and don't get too distracted with it because you have three months to make something good and you have a lot of improving to do on your skills with graphics and, your english and mastery with RPG Maker if that is what you plan on using because there are a lot of people there that are entering and can make some really impressive games and you will need to take that drive that you seem to be spreading across 4 or 5 different games and apply it to that one game or you won't even see the top 50.

At the very least take what I am saying into consideration.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
i have to work on the version 0.3 on future helper and the seven tower first so back at rmn will not spamming the comment with random fake skills detail...

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 11:44:04 AM by jomarcrazy »

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
Which game do you want to focus on now, Jomar?
I'd recommend the contest one and therefor put "the seven towers" aside for now.

So, Jomar, if you really want my help, here's an advise:
Try to write down most part of your story.
There's no need for sidequest and stuff, just the plain story that's happening.
Then I'll help you correct Spelling/Grammar and logic mistakes and help you on developing it a bit.
From there you can start thinking about all locations, and start mapping.
remember: you can always go back later to change stuff, but you should always do your best
« Last Edit: May 10, 2012, 05:22:01 PM by mobychan »

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
I'd recommend the contest one and therefor put "the seven towers" aside for now.

Then I'll help you correct Spelling/Grammar and logic mistakes and help you on developing it a bit.
remember: you can always go back later to change stuff, but you should always do your best
Same goes for me, i see it as a challenge to make something really cool out of your game, i mean, the idea is really not bad.

And one advise: STOP bashing versions Oo
We don't need a new Version every week, make one, let's say, every half a year, for now.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

well i going to focus  on the contest since it won't have any effect on the seven tower (just only a few spoilers about seven tower in the other game since Alex really became memorial since he save the world from certain destruction... and since the other game having a very long story and plot twist i may have to compile them by part like book 1 is where the history of their family start and then book 2 is where the plan will start and book 3 and above i may work on them very soon) so my competition entry is book one for the game and after competition i can continue work on seven tower or making book 2 after...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
then think about how the story of all books should go, kinda like a red thread, so it's easier to plan the first one accodingly.
And I think how you want it to be separated, it will be about as short as your current Seven Tower "Demo", that's far to short for the contest, I think

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
now i got bad luck.. while i'm saving the game i got bsod and crash my pc... and the known cause of problem is google chrome running and cause the crash now i lost all data in the game but i have no back up on it(and i can only recovered only one file left in the save)...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
Don't let yourself be discouraged!
Start a new Project and let's begin ;)
Like I recommended, before doing much on the project itself, try focusing on the main part of the story and writing everything down (so I can help you with unclear passages that may come up)

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
As for the BSOD, that doesn't sound like a problem in your game or in google chrome.  It sounds like a memory dump.  You should probably back up what you do have and get the computer looked at or upgrade your computer.

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
How many Tabs do you have open in Google Chrome?
It has a Process for each Tab so having many Tabs open at the same time could be a problem.
Try keeping it shut down while working and only start it when you have a backup of your work ^.-
That at least helps for now, but giving it to somebody to check it is a good idea ^^

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
How many Tabs do you have open in Google Chrome?
It has a Process for each Tab so having many Tabs open at the same time could be a problem.
Try keeping it shut down while working and only start it when you have a backup of your work ^.-
That at least helps for now, but giving it to somebody to check it is a good idea ^^
thank for the info...

and i already recovered/remake the map that i lost (only 9 maps was lost since i already made 9 maps before the corruption...)
and i really need some help with grammar and other stuff (which i can show you the game with you can edit it for direct editing and check)

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
Ok, just send me the file when you got something ready ^^
I'll also look at all the maps and give you tips how to (if possible) improve them and other stuff I find ^^

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Well my computer is totally screwed!!! i don't know what the hell had happen now... i been getting a errors a ton of them saying about cannot read data because of (random number that i don't understand) with (random number that i don't understand) because of (random number that i don't understand) but i started online backup of some of my file possible ready for format or something when someone going to check it...
and also backup all of the current future helper game files... so all hard work won't do something wrong...
(now i found out what cause it a virus that someone put it on in this pc!!!!)
and sometime it saying there a problem in explorer.exe
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 01:33:17 PM by jomarcrazy »