RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
the future helper series official topic

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
No, the logo looks like shit and has absolutly no effect besides making everyone want to puke at you^^

And where can i see magic? honestly, i can see nothing that looks magical in there...
oh...
wait...
haha, i am so stupid, of course there is magic^^
something this bad cannot be done without magic Oo

here an advise:
do you have elements in your game? make symbols for them and put these into the logo for the magic part.
and for the science part, well, it's hard to depict, but i think a flask(one that actually looks like one) is not a bad idea, it just looks inferior to magic, which it should'nt.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
done i now made the new logo

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Bottom Half looks Cybernetic
Upper Half looks like UV Rays ???
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
It's definitly better than before.
The "flask neck" should be shorter, it's kinda out of symetry.
And remove the Lines on it, it should be stilized, thats what a logo is usually like.
The colors are also still kinda "dark" (to call it right: Desaturared)
Bring some brighter colors in, and try to take Rief's advice, there's no clear indication that the lines in the back symbolize magic.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Bottom Half looks Cybernetic
Upper Half looks like UV Rays ???

that is correct
the bottom half represent science
and the upper half represent magic...

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
You mean UV Rays are magic Oo?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
You mean UV Rays are magic Oo?
well the magic part of the logo isn't look like what i want in my sketch...
do you want to see the paper sketch?

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
The way this is going, you might as well :P
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
hey it there anyone know free alternative for adobe after effect?
because i want to see what people use other alternative before Google it (to avoid any virus attack on my PC)
can you recommend me one?

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
HERE
There's no virus hiding in text, you don't have to worry.

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
Well, you get viruses as soon as you connect to the internet, so...

May i ask why you'll need such a program?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Well, you get viruses as soon as you connect to the internet, so...

May i ask why you'll need such a program?
well i cannot afford that adobe after effect(why they have to be so expensive like hell)... and some scene need to be use as a video... (and i will also create an end credits for the game using video than evening...)

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
let me be clear:
you cannot speak or understand english very well(the point is, most programs are in english)
you cannot handle programs like paint.net and gimp cause they are too complex
you want to make videos, which are far more complex to handle than images

you really should overthink this.
what you could do is taking a videorecording software and record yourself while playing that scene you want as a video, do some minor cuts on it through windows movie maker and make your movies this way.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
here is some part of the storyline in a LORE in a minute kind of way...
*le storyline
Spoiler for:
once upon a time there is two family group called science & magic...
one time anrgon died in the year 3001 and some idiotic villain want to rage war against each other when he died.
but the only problem is kristine and sky who was a couple until the family broke their relationship...
sky think it not fair and try to set thing straight between the two family... but ended up battle and sabotage  between each other... Have fun...

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
OMG, you said le instead of the, thats so funny cause it's french, ahahaha!

ok, now fr realz, about your story:
the families are called science and magic? thats really surprising, i thought that they would use science and magic, not that these would be familynames Oo
anrgon... how the hell do you spell that? pls, record a voicefile for this Oo
the villain wanna have a war with a dead man? i mean, you wrote he wants to rage war against anrgon AFTER he died, would'nt it make more sense if he wanted that before or is that his way of a 100% victory chance?
and the villains reason for this war is cause he is an idiot? (okay, makes sense in some kind of a way, but it's really lame)
and sky was a couple? a one person couple? (if you meant kristine and sky(by the way, both sound like female names, so are they?) are a couple, which i am sure is what you wanted to say, you should say "kristine and sky who were a couple")
how lame is there love if they let themselfs break up without a fight to the death?
and, for now the last question: why don't you write your own story? or at least don't make it so obvious that you wanna have your own little romeo and juliet.

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
I think that you're over-thinking your logo.

The bottom half is fine, but the top half could be something simple.
Try a fire logo or air.
Sometimes I wonder if I need psychiatric help :'(

Rep:
Level 65
Contestant - GIAW 9
The bottom half is fine, but the top half could be something simple.
Try a fire logo or air.

That would defeat the sense of having science and magic as in his title Oo
Or do you mean fire as symbol of magic?
doesn't make much sense to me Oo

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
Something like this

or this

Of course it should also be adapted to his style of drawing.
But the idea is still there :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 03:42:42 PM by Capua Aelita »

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
No, it surely should'nt be adapted into his... "style"

yeah, that is fire, but it would say "fire and science". He, not WE, should find something that symbolises magic in a neutral way.

Rep:
Level 58
Attraction of goodwill
Well it was supposed to be just an example.

Essentially, he should have something which symbolizes the elements of magic.
You can't really show magic without seeing somebody do it.

And I don't think that having a person on the top and no one on the bottom would look good, so elemental symbols seem to be the best approach.

Rep:
Level 69
I like it how it is. If I was going to add something, maybe a lightning storm in the back or a small fire logo right above the flask.

Rep:
Level 63
オ・マイ・ゴッド ・㉨・
Jomarcenter, I got a proposition for ya'.
Spoiler for:
request a logo. I mean like, srsly.
なんでやねん

Rep:
Level 84
I'm still confused as to why he's looking for an alternative to After Effects? That program is for video. Shouldn't he be looking for something besides paint of Photoshop?

Anyway, there are a few boards around here that are logo shops. You should really request one, it would do your logo a lot of good.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
I've decided to be nice. Jomarcenter, if you want, you could tell me the story of the game and I could make it for you. If not, I will AT LEAST make a logo.

Rep:
Level 84
I would volunteer, but next week is finals week and I'm swamped with finals, other projects, and moving out of my dorm room.