RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Bravely Default
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2014 Most Unsung Member2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space
Bravely Default here too.

Also Xenoblade again.

I got Starcraft II too, but I am not really into it as much as I thought I'd be.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
bravely default sounds p cool from what I've heard of it

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
The dialogue is overly dramatic and often cringeworthy, and the voice acting is lame a lot of times, but everything else is excellent. It's pretty much Final Fantasy V made better.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
It's a good thing I've been playing MGS 3... I've been stuck at work so many times I'm gonna have to escape.

STEALTH MODE! *sound of glass breaking*

I thought Bravely Default looked pretty cool. I'll need to explore it soon.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
The original mass effect. Hopefully. Every time I try to ride the tram at Peak 15 I get a crash. Annoying.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
are you using any mods or anything. sounds like the texture pack can cause crashes in peak 15 for some reason.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
God Hand.

Love it sooooo much; combo system is deep as hell.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Metal Gear: Peace Walker. I like it a bunch so far!

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
I am about to start Clive Barker's Jericho, I'm so excited~

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Playing Far Cry 3 with ziggy's mod. I love it. Absolutely love it. Haven't done shit for the story, I'm just wandering around, trying to survive.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Oh man, Far Cry 3 is practically the best first-person shooter I've played in years.

I love everything about it, I gotta do a second playthrough some time and do all the outposts.

Rep:
Level 97
Bravely Default is becoming much less awesome. Man, Square really just has no sense when it comes to a story anymore. I want to punch these characters in the face.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

HNNNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGHHHHH
I've only got the demo right now :<

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Butterfly/moth elf girl?

Rep:
Level 97
She's a fairy from Bravely Default that is surprisingly nowhere near as annoying as you'd think. A little annoying, but she's no Navi. Actually she has more common sense than one of the main characters so she isn't even the most annoying character in the game.

Rep:
Level 96
are you using any mods or anything. sounds like the texture pack can cause crashes in peak 15 for some reason.

Yeah I was using the texpack. I got through it though. The rest of the game was mostly fine, crashes only occurred two more times.

There is...not a whole hell of a lot TO the original mass effect. The second one definitely feels a lot more full, and I know I'm gonna get flak for this but, despite having a lot less (seemingly) of the dialogue content I came to love the series for, I feel like I had the most fun playing three. I'm playing through two for the second time, and I definitely feel a LOT more invested having played one and seeing all of the little callbacks. I can't wait to see what happens as a result of Wrex surviving the first game. And I'm also happy that Kaidan is out of the picture. He just seemed...douchey to me.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
The idea of using mods with ME1 just seems weird to me, for some reason. I didn't know there was a mod community for that game.

edit: Just went to the mass effect nexus. There's 4 mods, lol.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Scripter
Rep:
Level 40
Crownless King
Torchlight 2. Archaic as it sounds, I love the game.

If you like my work, please do support me on Patreon.
https://www.patreon.com/Soulpour777?ty=h

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Started on Thief. It's different, not as fluid as Dishonored, but there's a lot of fun to be had in slipping into a jewelry store and clearing out the whole damn place under their noses.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
when i first played me1 i gave up on the game on my first trip to the citadel (came back to it probably a year later before me 2 came out) because there were so many little side quests to do that it felt like a bit of a slog. i wouldn't say thees not much to me 1 just that there's  not a lot of action-y quests.

Rep:
Level 96
Well I mean, even that feels lacking. Once you get the stuff sorted out on the citadel, and talk to everyone there, you've got...planet roving. And that's VERY barebones. Find a mineral, play a mini game. Now find an "anomaly" (it's a probe, I promise), play the same minigame. Lastly, if you're lucky, find a human science lab / research center / etc. They take one of three room designs, rearrange the set pieces inside (maybe) and place either a shit ton of husks, a shit ton of rocket turrets, or some humanoids in there. On the other side, you get a loot container. It feels very...filler. Story missions are neat, but there aren't many of em. Much of Mass Effect the First feels like completionism for the sake of completionism. I went out of my way to find as many extra things to do as I could, and it really didn't feel like much.

And I mean that. Mass Effect 1 felt weird to me in a lot of ways, and when I started I said to myself "Let's do this *once*."

Now that I've completed it, I almost wanna say I liked the combat more than I like it in 2 in some ways. It got a LOT more vertical in one. And a lot more physical. You don't get charged by Geth Juggernauts anymore in two. There are no enemy units jumping around like springloaded fuck-you missiles. Having to deal with things on all three axes made things very interesting in the first game. Vertical combat consists of...well, stairs, from game 2 onward. That and I feel like ME1 had a better answer to combat than "chest high walls". I didn't just tap space behind a barrier when I needed to heal. I FLED and got onto the other side of an airlock, for the few seconds of relief that gave me from a Prime. Moments like that were admittedly rare, and didn't make the first game a superb experience on the whole, but they were definitely memorable. I can't think of any "wow" moments from ME2's combat.

Also, ME2's minigame saturation is a LOT more noticeable on the third playthrough, JFC.

Rep:
Level 96
Skullgirls. JFC skullgirls rocks. Addicted hard. Played six hours straight and beat the 8 main storylines yesterday. Been playing on and off today, have two more characters left to beat the game with in arcade mode. I'll get squigly soon but I don't have her yet. Excited about Big Band. Hope they have more DLC characters planned past Eliza and Beowulf. Would love to see Minette, Panzerfaust, and some of the others. I wanna see this turn into one of those games with a 40 character roster.

Rep:
Level 96
TRIPLE post. Just beat the original dragon quest, playing the second now. I can safely state that without emulators and the ability to fast forward through the level grinding by holding down my 360 controller's right trigger, I'd never have played these. Grinding at lightspeed to get an advantage, then finding out that was JUST ENOUGH to get you on par for the next dungeon is...jarring.