RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Burial at Sea, and Goat Simulator (lol)

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
WWF No Mercy.

I don't want to go back to WWE2k13, such a classic.

And I lie to myself yet again; I was up 'til 5 last night creating superstars on 2k13.

I made a 720 corner spin for my high-flyer, it looks hilarious.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Also MGS3, in mention of Peace Walker

FAAAAATHERRRRR WHY DOES HE GET THE BANDANAAAAA

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Bravely Default and Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance.

I can't beat the final boss of Bravely Default at level 99 and it annoys me as all hell. The frustration is made worse when I see people online saying they did it at a quarter of my level, making me know it's only my fault I'm getting my ass handed to me.  :mad:

KH3DS was pretty cool. It was a little short and had a ridiculously lackluster final boss, but on the whole a nice game considering I got it for £15.

Oh and Arcade shmups here and there, some of them I want to review in my spare time since I've wanted to do something like that for a while now...I really love shmups and bullet hells.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Skyrim, after a long time of not playing. Somehow despite this being the third time I've started a playthrough, I'm STILL seeing all kinds of new shit.

Plus the mods are even cooler now. I've installed about 120+ and I'm still adding more stuff. All the little things, y'know, like a mod that lets snow collect on your shoulders in a blizzard, and one that makes it so magic spells in your hands are functioning lightsources (The shadows look AMAZING).

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
what's that snow collects mod? sounds like it would go well with frostfall.  also try frostfall.

Rep:
Level 96
Starting up Witcher 2 again. I'm really bad at it, though. It's like there's too many buttons to press, that need to be pressed at the right time, and I can never remember where or what that button is in time.

Maybe I'm just getting old.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Quiet, punk. :mad:

And get off my lawn!
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 41
I'm planning on starting Punch Out: Wii at some point today. Haven't given it a go in years.

Rep:
Level 96
Get Snowy, which I combine with Wet and Cold.

I have 149 mods now. :D

Also, get "No Snow Under The Roof" for 3D snow on things like statues and houses and such.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I have the bravely default demo.

Which may very soon translate into owning the full game. I'm quite enthralled with the newness of it.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Danger, Will Robinson. I have heard it gets real irritating real fast in the midgame.

On the ohter hand, the art is SO GORGEOUS...

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
It gets irritating only if you don't like NES-era RPGs that basically had no plot in the middle of the game and nothing but a seemingly endless string of the same battles you've fought already. Which admittedly is annoying. Not as bad as people tend to make it out to be if you've played (and enjoyed), say, Final Fantasy 1-3 since those pretty much all do the same thing.

If you don't mind the somewhat mild spoilers as to exactly what this entails:
Spoiler for:
After chapter 4 and after awakening all 4 crystals, the game seemingly "sends you back in time" and you have to awaken the crystals again, while most of the boss battles and dungeons remain optional at least. And then you have to do it again. And again. And then one more time. It goes by quicker than it sounds, but you are doomed to fighting the same enemies (at least the crystal guardians, other bosses are optional and you can turn off random encounters) over and over. I have not played beyond this point yet, so I don't know if it redeems itself.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I think what in looking for in a mid game is a big hurdle that gets me something pretty cool. Like right before you grab the airship or two worlds combine into one. Yada yada.

So I may just grab it and anticipate. I enjoyed ff1-3.

And no.

No spoilers.

:mad:

But thanks for the advice.

Rep:
Level 96
I beat Spawn on the SNES the other night. JFC that game is hard. I hold no shame in having abused the shit out of save states.

I then went on to watch the HBO animated series, and it was AWESOME. Highly recommended.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
That game WAS tough. I rented it back in...oh, 93 or so. Never got past the third stage.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
So I wore a pair of khakis that I haven't worn in forever. Likes six months at least. Finally wore them yesterday for a date with my daughter.

And in the pocket.

I found.

POKEMON HEARTGOLD!!!!

I thought I had lost the thing forever.

So yeah played tales of the abyss today.

Rep:
Level 41
Alright, managed to beat most of Punch Out: Wii in one sitting the other night, though I stopped due to having to check a few things online. I finished it off today and have been doing challenges, stopping at Bear Hugger's.

I swear, though, Mac's Last Stand is still one of the most edge-of-seat modes I've ever played, holy shit.

Rep:
Level 96
Played Spawn on Gameboy Color tonight.

One the one hand: This is very likely the only gbc game to have a voice actor credit in the ending. No, seriously, all dialogue is spoken as well as written. On the gameboy color.

On the other hand the game is fucking awful.

Rep:
Level 96
Sunset Riders. That was fun.

Rep:
Level 41
Still punching it out on the Wee Uuuu. Once I finish cleaning out the basement and garage for my mum (we're making it so we can park both cars in the latter), I'm going to try to complete most of the challenges. I swear, some of the Contender matches are HARDER than the TD matches almost, lol. That could just be me being more used to the latter matches due to constant practice, though.

Also JIZZ ALL DAY EVERY DAY AT THIS

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DIe4j5G-cU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8DIe4j5G-cU</a>

god that Bear Hugger fight btw I could never get the timing on those Star Punches down in a million years

Rep: +0/-0Level 38
Learn before you teach. Teach before you die.
Just started Red Dead Redemption and I already killed my horse...

:(

Rep:
Level 96
Starting up Witcher 2 again. I'm really bad at it, though. It's like there's too many buttons to press, that need to be pressed at the right time, and I can never remember where or what that button is in time.

I re-mapped the keyboard/mouse, and now I'm fucking awesome at this game. It's challenging, but a lot of fun, and absolutely STEEPED in lore, and fantastically told history (with exceptional voice acting). My only real complaint is that it seems so stagnant. There's a TON of shit to do each chapter, but each chapter seems to take place in a rather small area. The character interactions, side-quests and scripted events do very, very well to keep it interesting by changing things up a little bit, but you can't ignore the fact that you've really just been traipsing around the same general area for the last 10 hours, even if you do see something new or under a different situation every now and then.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Just wait until Wild Hunt and the open world. Looks so good.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HO0f31M7mI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-HO0f31M7mI</a>

THIS GAME IS AMAZING