RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Whic reminds me- what I am NOT playing is Drak Souls 2, because I totally forgot to pre-order it. I want the tin box. Therefore, instead of buying the regular edition, imma try to find a pre-order version for sale. Somewhere.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Username2012 Best MusicianFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest MemberMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2010 Most Missed Member
They aren't hard to find. They're even still in stock at Amazon for standard price: http://www.amazon.com/Dark-Souls-II-Black-Armor-PlayStation/dp/B00F6YD2AK/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1395250690&sr=1-1&keywords=dark+souls+ii+black+armor+edition

It's one of those limited editions that aren't really very limited but they call it that so people will pre-order it.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
No shit! Well that's good news. Thanks, dude!

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Still playing Far Cry 3, but mixing it up with some Tomb Raider, which I also haven't played until now. Both of these games are amazingly fun.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm on Far Cry 3 as well. Finishing up A Link Between Worlds as well. On the queue is Okami's HD release on PS3 since, as I'm ashamed to admit, I never beat it. Also the rest of the Phoenix Wright series now that I have access to all of the games.

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Retro City Rampage. The music alone makes it worth playing, but it's also frickin' awesome. Highly recommend it.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I'm playing Majora's Mask for the first time. Oh my god. It's such a unique game compared to the other entries in the series. Hell, it's a really unique game in general. The time limit before the moon crashes into the earth makes things REALLY tense. Having to go back in time and losing all your progress (minus your inventory) perhaps sounds annoying to some on paper, but there's nothing like the feeling of trying to complete a task with only seconds remaining, failing and having to willingly undo all the progress that led to this task being available. It adds so much more weight and urgency to everything, something most games lack. The atmosphere is incredibly well done too. This may very well overtake Wind Waker on my "best Zelda games" list, and I've only beaten the first dungeon.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
it's really really great

water temple is a bit annoying at times but whatever, they all are.

really surprised you never played it.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker. The differences from the other MGS games are a little offputting at first, but one gets used to them quickly.

I really dig the building aspect of the game. The R&D is just fun as shit!

I had intended to play all the games in story order, but with MGS 5 parts 1&2 coming out (i forget when) I may hold off till I get those. If so, Dark Souls II it shall be.

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Also, Ground Zeroes (the first part of MGSV) is already out. The Phantom Pain is a MUCH larger game, and doesn't even have a release date yet. You should go ahead and play the previous games as well, since Ground Zeroes is only a couple hours long and revolves around the denouement of Peace Walker.

The chronological order of the canon games is:
3: Snake Eater
Portable Ops (this one is very passable, does not change a lot except how Miller and Big Boss meet)
Peace Walker
MGSV
MG1
MG2
MGS
2: Sons of Liberty
4: Guns of the Patriots
MGR (this is canon you mad bro?)

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
huh. i didn't know it was already released. Welp, may as well wait to get ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain. By that time I'll be done with Peace Walker, at the rate I'm going...

Thanks for the canon clarification, though. And no, I know MGR is canon... I have my opinions, but it's still decent.

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\ô/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
I'm playing the most spectacular thing ever. :P
Singstar on the PS3. :D (\s/)
I know it's not really gaming, but I love to sing. ;) /)

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
WWF No Mercy.

I don't want to go back to WWE2k13, such a classic.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2014, 07:31:08 PM by zacheatscrackers »

Rep:
Level 96
I beat Tomb Raider. It was pretty great. But I wish there was more. Like, some DLC or something.

Rep:
Level 96
I may stop playing Far Cry 3 entirely because of the Deepthroat mission. It's idiotic, and a perfect example of horrible, amateur game design.

First, you have to sneak in to a place. You can't kill anyone. Why not? I don't know, but the second you do, an alarm goes off. Apparently every soldier is wearing a heart monitor, and some guy is sitting in front of a tv somewhere looking at all 20 soldier's heart rates with his finger literally already on the alarm button just waiting, waiting for one of them to stop. Doesn't matter if nobody else is around. Doesn't matter if the kill is completely silent. As soon as one person is dead, that alarm goes off, and you fail the mission.

Instead, sneak past them. Nevermind that it's broad daylight, and the "sneaking" part involves ziplining across two giant chasms while enemies are literally looking straight at you, and there's practically no cover. Don't worry, they won't actually see you. Because, you know, you're supposed to sneak. It's not that it's difficult, it's that there isn't any difficulty. The soldiers are actually programmed to NOT see you! It's just handed to you, but remember! Don't kill them! Because apparently God is watching, with his finger on that alarm button.

And then once you get to the next checkpoint, you have to run somewhere past 2 guards, who NOW you can kill, and blow up a truck with an RPG in less than 50 seconds or so. So NOW you can kill people. Not only that, now you can fire rockets at them! And then everybody can see you. Nevermind that it could be pitch black (it was for me by the time I realized I wasn't supposed to use any skill to get past the "sneaking" part), or that just 50 seconds ago you could literally walk in front of an enemy and they wouldn't see you, now everybody knows exactly where you are, and they never miss.

It's such a goddamn disappointment. It's like some head designer's 10 year old just saw Predator, and begged his dad to let him design a "super cool" mission in the game he was working on.

Now that I know what to do, and when not to do what should be obvious, and when to forget all that and do the opposite, I'm positive I could beat the mission with minimal effort ... but I kind of just ... don't want to, anymore. I'm just so put off by the whole experience.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Yeah, Deepthroat's a huge pain in the ass. That and Doppelganger, an earlier mission, are the hardest missions in the game since they go on FOREVER and you have to be incredibly careful not to be caught. I had to replay those missions, like, 5-10 times before I completed them. The whole RPG thing at the end of Deepthroat is ridiculous, since you have to be really quick and it's easy to screw up with all the guards and shit everywhere.

The game DOES redeem itself after that mission, though, but I can understand why you'd stop there; I was close to stopping there myself since it was so poorly designed and difficult and Doppelganger was bad enough.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Project Diva f on my Vita because I am a NERD

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Dark Souls 2 has consumed my life for the last few weeks

Rep:
Level 98
\ [T] /

I have been playing Demon's Souls ;]

because dark souls 1 won't work on my pc ;[

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Final Fantasy XIV new content patch.  Yay.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best Artist2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2014 Best Artist2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Deserving Of A Promotion
You need to play on Balmung..all of you need to be on Balmung..so our free company can grow.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Dark Souls 2 has consumed my life for the last few weeks

I am hoping the Easter Bunny brings me DS II... in the meantime, MGS PW. Yeah, still. I only get about 45 minutes at a time, what with all the overtime I've benn working. Not that I'm complaining, I know a lot of people who would commit murder for my job.

Anyway, yeah. I kinda miss losing myself in Demon's/Dark Souls. 
« Last Edit: March 30, 2014, 06:50:37 AM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 98
Also MGS3, in mention of Peace Walker

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
i've been attempting to play the lost chapters because fuck you all that game's fantastic
but when the game sees how much vram my futuristic supercomputer has it basically just calls bullshit and closes

so i took the next logical step and started playing driver san fransisco again.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know