RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
I bought The Legend of Zelda: A Link between Worlds. It's pretty cool so far and the gimmick is neat, but I wish it didn't try and be A Link to the Past; I'd much prefer something more original.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Metal Gear: Revengeance. Awesome as awesome gets as far as an action game goes. It has the characters and some gameplay elements of the MG:S series but lacks the emphasis on stealth- while in the MG:S series you could easily become overwhelmed if you were not stealthy, MG:R encourages you to fight everything.

Criticisms include the over-the-top storytelling and all the fucking swearing. A whole fucking shitload of fucking swearing. I expected to see Tarantino in the credits. The DLC is short and essentially a rehash of the main storyline, as well, and there is very little in the way of in-game tutorial.

However, the thrust of the MG:S series is there. It's good enough for a second and third playthrough, IMO.

:tinysmile:

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
When I finish this dumb book I'm going back to Pokemon X and Mario and Luigi Dream Team for a bit.

Need to rot my brain before I keep writing more.

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best Musician2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Funniest Member2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2010 Most Missed Member
Been playing Dead Island: Riptide off and on when I have some free time and need to relax by beating zombies to redeath. Funny how this game is pretty much exactly the same as the first one, only not as fun mainly because you start out on like level 15-20, which means you get all your skills well before very long into the game. I think I'm a little more than 50% complete and I'm already level 53 and leveling up is boring now because there are no more good skills since I already have at least a point in everything. They should have added more.

Guns seem to be more effective this time than last time though, so that's kind of fun. Especially the harpoon gun.

Also been playing Crosswords Plus on my 3DS lol

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Logged back into my account on Dead Frontier and decided to start up an old clan again (USS - Umbrella Security Service), which seems to be coming along fine, but it's slow going. I love how simple it is to play, but I wish there were some aspects that were easier. For example, when you start out, you're in an easier area, and it's pretty quick to get through the first 10 levels or so, but it drops off quick after that. I think that is should be somewhere up near level 20-25 where it drops off like that, seeing as though the level cap is over 100... I'm not entirely sure what the cap is, because I've seen characters that were over 120, some over 150, and a few that were almost at level 200.....

Anyways... Anyone else play this game?
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
nope. I thought maybe I'd try it out since I like twin stick style shooters but it looks like the userbase is all 12 with a bunch of tweens calling each other faggots and arguing which modern military shooter is for fags and which is not for fags. so I decided against it.

Rep:
Level 41
Bronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer
Warframe, a freeware third-person shooter. Very, very fun.

Other than that, Wind Waker HD, which is also really fun, along with Clickr... let's just say a whole bunch of games. :p

Rep:
Level 73
Prepare for trouble!
Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Again), Dark Souls (Fuck you, Sen's fortress, just no, go away.)  Tera (once it downloads...it's on its 5th day ;-;)  and contemplating suikoden 5 (Again)

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
praise the sun
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Still playing Borderlands 2. Just beat Tiny Tina's DLC. That's the ending the actual game should have had. Still have Sir Hammerlock's DLC and then I can finally stop playing.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer

Rep:
Level 98
That's the ending the actual game should have had.

You're goddamn right

Rep:
Level 41
Still playing Borderlands 2. Just beat Tiny Tina's DLC. That's the ending the actual game should have had.
Hell yeah, this man knows his shit

(btw I have it so if you ever wanna play hmu)

Rep:
Level 96
I'm also playing DMC, because it was free on PlayStation Plus. I love it. It's the first Devil May Cry game that, in my opinion, has succeeded in actually being "cool." Every Dante in the previous games was all "too cool to care," but it was overdone. It was trying too hard to not care, and it ended up just being cheesy. I mean, one of the games had a freaking GUITAR as a weapon (SO RADICOOL!!). And the white, long hair. Just freakin cheesy.

DMC nails it, though.

Spoiler for THE REST IS NOT FOR CHILDREN:
There's a part where you run in to this boss, and you do the whole insult/bravado thing back and forth for a bit but it quickly degenerates to Dante and the boss literally yelling FUCK YOU! NO, FUCK YOU! to each other. It's awesome. The game's badass and violent and obscene, but in a very organic and natural way. It never feels too forced.

Also, the combo system is amazing. Of course. And oh god, the music. I bet my neighbors almost called in a noise complaint the first time I played it, because I was BLASTING that shit. And it looks SO good, too. The transitions and mini-cutscenes are so flawless. It gets you so pumped, and it's just a ton of fun to play.

Here's a video of the intro and first level.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Nquj7rH60" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9Nquj7rH60</a>

(This guy sucks at aerial combos, but whatever, the first level is awesome to watch.)

Rep:
Level 98
DMC was really awesome. I was hesitant to get it at first due to the bad publicity, but Roph convinced me and I'm glad I did. I love the original games a lot, and spent quite a lot of time trying to perfect the mechanics and end up with SSS scores on stuff like Dante Must Die and harder difficulties. DMC's combat was just as good, if not a little better, and unlike any other game in the same fighting style. The story wasn't oh my god perfect, but the writing made up for it by miles.

Rep:
Level 96
For real. I don't even really care if the story is good or bad, I'm enjoying everything else about the game so much I just want to keep playing. The music, the gameplay, the personality, the level design, the writing; it's all incredibly solid.

Rep:
Level 41
I dunno, the thing with the original 4 DMCs was that the cheesiness was more or less intentional (since you knew Capcom was fairly capable of decent acting and story-telling at the time); once you got past it, the games were amazing. 3 in particular has some of the best hack-and-slash gameplay I've ever seen, since it's so incredibly deep and you're given so many options. 1's a classic through-and-through as well, imo, and I love 4 for many of the same reasons as 3.

DmC (basically what most people refer to the reboot as) isn't necessarily bad, if you ask me, and it's supposed to be a reboot and all, as I said, but it just doesn't have that energetic goofy charm the original games had, so I wasn't able to get into it as much. The combat was pretty fun, but it just didn't have that depth that made the originals click for me, and comboing was waaaay too easy for my taste (you had to mix up weapons in the originals, but you can pretty much use the same weapon until you get SSSes and whatnot, which just took away some of the fun for me). And I honestly would've liked the writing a lot better if it weren't for the constant fucks/shits and whatnot sprinkled everywhere; the originals had profanity as well, but it was much more sparse, so it was more effective imo. Otherwise, the writing isn't terrible. The graphics are AWESOME, though, and apart from some of the 'wub wub' tracks in the OST, it isn't that bad.

Overall, like I said, it isn't a bad game, especially if you treat it as an entity of its own, but I just find it mediocre compared to the other entries in the series.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 07:53:52 PM by zacheatscrackers »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I liked all of them. For the gamepay, not the dialogue... THAT part sucked.

Just got Metal Gear Legacy collection; playing them in the order they happened, not released. Halfway through MGS3 right now!

Rep:
Level 98
I miss Para-Medic.

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You mean that heartless skank Dr. Clark? Hmmph. She did bad things to Frank Yeager and did questionable things with people's DNA...

But yeah, I liked her too.

A Random Custom Title
Rep:
Level 96
wah
DmC was pretty good... Maybe I should go back and play it...

Currently debating whether I want to buy FFXIV at least for one month since it's half off on Steam...

Rep:
Level 98
Yes.

And Para-Medic was cool in the 60's. ):

2 kawaii 2 live
Rep:
Level 40
2 sugoi 2 die
Right now I'm playing Twilight Princess for the first time and God of War 3, although I'm terribly bored with GoW and I don't think I'll continue it any time soon...

Rep:
Level 43
Somewhat got a project? (\รด/)
GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
At the moment I play Demon Souls for PS3 and Dirt 2 for PC. ;)
Before that I played Dark Souls Prepare To Die Edition for X360. (\s/)