RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
What are you playing?

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
Cybernator, for the SNES.

The music in this game (sample set and style) is damn near replicate of Brainlord. That's a beautiful thing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQkeg6udUh0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQkeg6udUh0</a>

EDIT: THIS GAME IS REALLY HARD GUYS.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 03:50:04 PM by Arrow »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I must have this game, if only for the Brainlord-y music.

(Because i REALLY loveded Brainlord and played it through something like a dozen times. I am a geek.)
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 10:39:53 PM by EvilM00s »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
Played through Bioshock Infinite for the second time, and genuinely feel that it's one of the best games I've ever played in my entire life.

I don't know why I don't remember beating it the first time. It's like I wasn't paying attention or something. Or maybe I just didn't understand, or try hard enough to wrap my head around it. This time, I damn near cried. Because this time it all made sense, finally. All the random lines from other characters throughout the game, especially in the beginning ("he DOESN'T row"). Even the popular song choices have significance to the story.

This is what I love about To The Moon, for anyone who hasn't played it yet. The game doesn't flat-out tell you what's so profound about the plot; it just gives you all the pieces and when you eventually put them together, it's a revelation that's staggeringly intense.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Windwaker HD is hot.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
After beating Bioshock Infinite, I went on to beat Bioshock again. It's amazing how I more or less knew the twist of the game, but this time I still discovered something I hadn't noticed before.

Spoiler for:
I got how the protagonist is a slave and all that, and the whole fabricated memories part, but for some reason I didn't at all remember the part where the protagonist is actually only, like, 3 years old or something, and he's some kind of genetic Adam freak. Completely forgot about that. So that's why all the enemies call him "monster."

I'm moving on to Bioshock 2, now, which I actually never finished.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 96
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcgsEd1hfvo" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcgsEd1hfvo</a>

Another great game. Plays like Cybernator (same engine) with a lot more polish. The game is beautiful, and they even find ways to render things like the sun beaming through the spaces between skyscrapers, and snow clouding off of surfaces in a blizzard. The music reminds me of Final Fantasy with a more techno edge to it- likely because Nobuo Uematsu had a hand in a lot of it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTZ_uALyFKU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTZ_uALyFKU</a>
« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 01:35:14 AM by Arrow »

Rep:
Level 96
Finally beat Gun Hazard. That game is ... fucking long. But worth playing for sure. A shame it seems like it will never have a sequel, though. So now I'm playing Front Mission: Original Flavor!

« Last Edit: September 25, 2013, 02:02:53 AM by Arrow »

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
I just picked up a game for xbox called The First Templar. Never heard of it before, but it's 2 player. Me lady and I are gonna give it a try. I'll letcha know.

Oh and I bought Assassin's Creed 3 as well.

EDIT: The First Templar is horse shit.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:55:49 PM by GLaDOS »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 96
Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Metroid Prime 2 > Metroid Prime. If you disagree, you don't have a soul.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 03:44:07 PM by Moss. »

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Writer2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Oh my god yes. I loved the first one, but the second was a whole new experience.

edit: also, what are you using to emulate this?
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 04:24:27 PM by Marceline »

Rep:
Level 96
Dolphin 4.0. MP1 and 2 run very well for me. There's some micro-stuttering in the super-busy areas, but it's still more than playable.

I think I read somewhere that emulating GC and Wii games is actually more CPU heavy than anything.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Playing a new game, called Firefall. Not too bad, but it's yet another FPS in a few aspects. It can be either a p2w or not, depending how quick you want to get things or not. I personally like the open battleframe switching idea, which basically lets you change your "class" at any point.
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 96
Hey, I know the guy that did the music for that! Mike Bross. He's an alumni at the college I went to. He even teaches a class on VG music periodically (which I managed to catch one of).

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Pokemon X
Pokemon X
Pokemon X
Pokemon X
Pokemon X
Pokemon X

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Fable III with me lady. It's a two player game, we didn't know that! Anyway, good times.

Also playing "Mind-Numbing 72 Hour Work Week."

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Also playing "Mind-Numbing 72 Hour Work Week."

Oh! I love that one! (insert extreme sarcasm) I've been doing that one the past three weeks!!
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 96
Trying to get Metroid Prime 3 working on my PC, with keyboard and mouse.

Having mixed results: control scheme I designed actually works incredibly well, but the game just will not sustain a playable frame rate.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Was playing The Stanley Parable with a group of friends last night, and we were laughing our heads off with how open the game is and how many times it kept changing on us as we played through, making the next person to play go "Wait, what the fuck? That wasn't there before!". My god, the adventure line...

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Deus Ex: Human Revolution.

I'm enjoying it, but it's just making wish somebody would make System Shock 3.

Edit: Also now System Shock 2, because $3.36.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 02:34:00 AM by Cuttershy »
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
Was playing The Stanley Parable with a group of friends last night, and we were laughing our heads off with how open the game is and how many times it kept changing on us as we played through, making the next person to play go "Wait, what the fuck? That wasn't there before!". My god, the adventure line...

This is one of the best mods-turned-standalone I have seen.

Rep:
Level 98

Rep:
Level 96
Stanley Parable was fun for about 2 hours, and then there just wasn't any more of it.

Rep:
Level 96
hey you know that awesome weapon you spent all your cash upgrading that works incredibly well in this situation? well heres a new weapon that's totally underpowered and slow that you have to use it for the rest of the level

/bastion

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
FFXIV
Pokemon X
Phoenix Wright: Dual Destinies