RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[XP] Advanced Thievery Event System

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.

Advanced Thievery
Version: 1.0
Author: Mjustin
Date: August 3, 2008

Version History

• 1.0: Fully functional gold stealing system.
  • 1.1: Demo up!

Description

This event system allows you to make complex steal skills for stealing different things from your enemies. It bases your chance to steal off of your DEX versus the enemy's AGI, and even certain items you have equipped.

Features

• Stealing is based on somewhat complex math allowing for more possibilities.
  • Stealing is based on character's DEX versus enemy's AGI, and therefore gets easier to steal from lower-level enemies as you progress.
  • You can only attempt to steal from each enemy once.

Instructions

Step 1: Create an actor to use the steal skill(s).

Step 2: Create two states. The first one is called "Steal" and the next one is called "Stolen." Give Steal a rating of 1 and Stolen a rating of 0. Give them both nonresistance.

Step 3: Create four variables called "Steal Chance," "Steal DEX," Steal AGI," and "Steal Gold Amount."

Step 4: Create two switches called "Steal Fail" and "Steal Gold."

Step 5: Create a common event called "Steal Chances." You can add some items and put them in those conditional branches like I did, but it's not required.

Step 6: Create a common event called "Steal Which" with the following:

You can just copy and paste for as many enemies as you need to.

Step 7: Create a common event called "Steal Gold" with the following:

Step 8: Create a battle event for each of your troops that looks like this:

You can change the random number depending on the troop so different troops will give you different amounts of gold.

Step 9: Enjoy your new stealing system!

Screenshots

Credit

• Mjustin (me!) for creating the system
  • Gando for the original system this one is based off of
  • Modern Algebra (I copied the format of his Blackjack Event System thread)

Author's Notes

• The event system only works for one character. If you want more than one character to have the skill, you have to make a second set of everything for that character.
  • I'm going to add a system for stealing items. It won't be too different, but it'll add a bit more complicated-ness.

So, tell me what you think! Also, tell me about any errors you find.

EDIT: Demo up! Here: http://www.mediafire.com/?gwtimokmnxg

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Most Mature Member2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Most Mature Member2010 Favourite Staff Member
This looks really good. Nice work.

Shadow Knight
Rep:
Level 91
Ruin that brick wall!
Project of the Month winner for October 2008
Looks very nice and well-made!
Is it possible if you include a demo?
Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.