RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The owners treat it badly?
Total bullshit, my friends 360 has no marks, or never had any trauma of any kind, it sat on a shelf under his television, with no dust, and running fine, until about a week ago, and now it wont even turn on.  So much for the owners treating it badly.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Yeah, and the kid who almost died trying to cool it down.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank god, I dint buy a xbox 360!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
heh, first Xbox has a 70% chance of catching fire even when off, due to a power cable problem, and it took them near a year to tell people XD

now the "infamous" Red Ring of Death...
and again, it took WAAAAAAAY to long to tell ppl about it
What is it with Microsoft and color-coded Doom Errors?
BSoD
RRoD

what's next?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
xboxs have always been a waist of money always will be

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I think they have been a knee of money.

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
heh, first Xbox has a 70% chance of catching fire even when off, due to a power cable problem, and it took them near a year to tell people XD

now the "infamous" Red Ring of Death...
and again, it took WAAAAAAAY to long to tell ppl about it
What is it with Microsoft and color-coded Doom Errors?
BSoD
RRoD

what's next?

Actually, it's a little over 30%, before sure to check your information out.

Oh, and there already is a next. Xbox360 scratchs discs also.
Another reason why I won't buy one, that and the lack of RPGs.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ermm....why did you link me to something about Xbox 360?
the only statistic I gave was that the original Xbox had a 70% chance of catching fire spontaneously

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
microsoft can make games and can make OSs They cant make a console to save there life

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Most of this threads replies are full of bullshit opinions. My 360 has been running fine, and I've only gotten the three red lights ONCE and that was because I had a cord half-unplugged.

I talked to my friends who all own 360 and said they have never had a problem with them. My opinion is it's the owners. They must be doing something to the console to make it faulty. I don't care whether Microsoft said it was faulty, it could be their fault, it could be the owners.

Fuck you Nintendo fanboys.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
... I am not a Nintendo fan boy  but Microsoft i hate so much i'm not saying that the Xbox 360 is bad graphics or anything its just Microsoft screwed it by releasing it faulty

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
... I am not a Nintendo fan boy  but Microsoft i hate so much i'm not saying that the Xbox 360 is bad graphics or anything its just Microsoft screwed it by releasing it faulty
I half agree with that statement.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
Erm........the 360 graphics are good..

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Erm........the 360 graphics are good..
Learn to read Irock.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
i'm notsaying that the Xbox 360 is bad graphics or anything

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Spoiler for I like nintendo:
I would seriously love my Wii so much more if it had more games. I have nothing against Nintendo, but oh my god the fan boys. Shut the fuck up, Nintendo is definitely not the only company that can make good games, so everyone in their own little corner spitting out shit like GEARS SUCKS LOL and the such need to shut their mouth. Infact my favorite game of all time is Twilight Princess, just letting you know I love Nintendo, but again, FAN BOYS ARE RETARDED, ESPECIALLY SONY FAN BOYS.

Short story shorter, I love nintendo dont think Im all 360, but I agree with Firerain, my 360 hasnt broke once, and I got it at launch.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
Most of this threads replies are full of bullshit opinions. My 360 has been running fine, and I've only gotten the three red lights ONCE and that was because I had a cord half-unplugged.

I talked to my friends who all own 360 and said they have never had a problem with them. My opinion is it's the owners. They must be doing something to the console to make it faulty. I don't care whether Microsoft said it was faulty, it could be their fault, it could be the owners.

1) Ok

2) Murphy's Law

3) There is no such thing as a Nintendo Fanboy, we just have taste in games.

Spoiler for I like nintendo:
I would seriously love my Wii so much more if it had more games. I have nothing against Nintendo, but oh my god the fan boys. Shut the fuck up, Nintendo is definitely not the only company that can make good games, so everyone in their own little corner spitting out shit like GEARS SUCKS LOL and the such need to shut their mouth. Infact my favorite game of all time is Twilight Princess, just letting you know I love Nintendo, but again, FAN BOYS ARE RETARDED, ESPECIALLY SONY FAN BOYS.

Short story shorter, I love nintendo dont think Im all 360, but I agree with Firerain, my 360 hasnt broke once, and I got it at launch.

I never said GoW sucks, in fact, I'll probably buy it to play online if my brother buys it.
Every system has a rocky start, you have to admit, the original Xbox is a grand example.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I wasnt talking to you, I was talking to fan boys in general =o
Also, Gears online is over rated, you basically run at eachother shooting a shotgun until someone dies.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
I wasnt talking to you, I was talking to fan boys in general =o
Also, Gears online is over rated, you basically run at eachother shooting a shotgun until someone dies.

I thought it was alright online, yeah, the same old warzone gridlock battles got old and it was like playing the game on causal, except with dumber people, but I like playing R6:Vegas online better.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 87
Well, that's the drawback of them getting a headstart against the PS3 and the Wii. But hey, the only thing they did best for me was their Os'es. Except Windows Me, ahhh, it's been a long time since they've screwed up. :D

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Well, that's the drawback of them getting a headstart against the PS3 and the Wii. But hey, the only thing they did best for me was their Os'es. Except Windows Me, ahhh, it's been a long time since they've screwed up. :D

*cough* Vista *cough*

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

1) lots of the thread's replies have basis in fact or are opinions (it's pretty much a debate, opinions will come into play)

2) umm...yeah it could be the fault of the owners...but if the company that MAKES a console says "Oops, it's buggy, sorry guys our bad" then it's most likely that....welll....hmm...It's THEIR fault?

3) I'm not a fanboy, I like all the systems, but wouldn't really go out and buy any of them. I have a Wii cuz my parents bought it. I would love a 360 if we could get Live but we can't, and Gears was pretty ok, but too short and the online is repetitive like halo2.

oh yeah, and wouldn't people running around saying "STFU Nintendo Fanboy, Microsoft Be am bettrr" be Microsoft Fanboys? and the same for Sony Fanboys? so how come there's only Nintendo Fanboys?

I'm just getting really tired of people arguing over which piece of plastic is better and yelling at people for not agreeing with them.  It's quite sickening.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:08:15 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
But seriously, my piece of plastic is better you guys.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
no mine is :P

I love my gamecube now that I can finally play it again.

If I had to choose which piece of plastic to go with I'd go nintendo.  Simply because I've had a much better experience and exposure to their games.
The only time a game system is the "best" is when it's you, the gamer, trying to decide which one will fit your needs best.  I like Gamecube and the idea of the Wii because they're game systems.  PS3 and 360 are just game-oriented computers.  Seriously.  THey can connect to the internet, play dvds/blueray/whatever, and if the disk drive in your 360 blows just grab the one out of your microsoft computer (one of the seniors in my school last year did that)

Opinions can't really be bad or good cuz it's the way people think.  There's no right or wrong with debates (unless the opinion is on something completely different). 

Also just because YOU haven't had a breakdown doesn't prove much of anything...if microsoft says there's a problem, there's a problem, though for you and others it hasn't come up yet.

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html