RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40933
http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=85600&src=site-marq

"Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail."

The firm will extend the warranty coverage from one to three years to compensate consumers, but does not plan to instate a recall or exchange programme.

Microsoft gaming chief Robbie Bach claimed in a conference call with financial analysts that the design issues surfaced recently.

"In the past couple of months we started to see significant increases in repair requests and call requests and significant attention from people," he said.

Microsoft did not disclose the exact nature of the problems, but said that it had made the necessary design changes and that units currently in stock will be upgraded.

The extended warranty period is limited to hardware failures indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. Users of consoles suffering from such problems are entitled to free repairs and shipping.

Microsoft estimated that the repairs will cost the company US$1.05bn to US$1.15bn, spilt evenly between the higher than expected return rates for existing consoles under the one-year warranty, and future returns under the extended warranty period."

Lol, microsoft. Discuss.
bringing sexy back

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
They've failed before, they'll fail again  >:(
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
No exchanges or recalls? They fail so bad.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
WTF?!?! ALL OF THE 11.6 MILLION XBOX 360?!?! SHIT!!

.....this could bring something really bad to Microsoft....

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
YES IT COULD SPOIL MICROSOFT'S SPOTLESS REPUTATION FOR DELIVERING QUALITY SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
YES IT COULD SPOIL MICROSOFT'S SPOTLESS REPUTATION FOR DELIVERING QUALITY SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

Did I fail to notice :V sarcasm?

Bah, microsoft have a fail-combo going on. We need combo breakR
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Mine occasionally wont read discs, especially when I am playing Oblivion.
I also have a 3 red lights of doom on another 360 I own.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 89

damm we need a Combo Breaker....

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
My friend sent his 360 in last week. It wouldn't turn on...

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Best Writer
Both of the versions I have are Core Versions, and my 360 scratched by Dead Rising. >.>

Rep:
Level 89
Both of the versions I have are Core Versions, and my 360 scratched by Dead Rising. >.>

Lucky me i don't have a 360...if i did have one, ill be REALLY piss off...like so  :mad:

Rep:
Level 98
Nah, if it gives me the three lights, Im going to send it to Microsoft and BITCH and COMPLAIN and send a thousand letters saying I bought it during this summer, not three years ago, send me a new one you fat assed bastards.

Rep:
Level 89
Nah, if it gives me the three lights, Im going to send it to Microsoft and BITCH and COMPLAIN and send a thousand letters saying I bought it during this summer, not three years ago, send me a new one you fat assed bastards.

YES, ATTACK HIS WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

...but damm, and no exchange or recall  :mad: SOB!

Rep:
Level 98
       :mad:
   :mad:    :mad:

Three red lights of DOOM.

Rep:
Level 89
       :mad:
   :mad:    :mad:

Three red lights of DOOM.

lol....no don't tell me that....your 360 has the three red light of DOOM!!

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I was actually discussing this with Boe yesterday on MSN, apparently it's more then a simple "fault" I've heard the consoles are making people literally ill.

And yes, I've had nothing but problems with mine from day one, things from putting in a brandnew game and getting the error message "To play this game, Please put it in an Xbox 360 console" to the current problem of being forced to use a knife to open the tray.

Fuck Microsoft, I'm getting a Wii.

Rep:
Level 102
I was actually discussing this with Boe yesterday on MSN, apparently it's more then a simple "fault" I've heard the consoles are making people literally ill.

And yes, I've had nothing but problems with mine from day one, things from putting in a brandnew game and getting the error message "To play this game, Please put it in an Xbox 360 console" to the current problem of being forced to use a knife to open the tray.

You have no idea how happy those words made me feel.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
YES YES YES YES YES.
WE ARE SORRY PLEASE PUT THIS DISC IN A 360 GAMING DEVICE :V
God I hate that, plus it scratched my Guitar Hero and my first Oblivion copy :/
And, Im not saying 360's are bad, I mean I play mine waaaaaaaaaay more than my wii. But microsoft could atleast MAKE ONE FUCKING PRODUCT THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT 2 YEARS FOR IT TO STOP SUCKING.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
My xbox 360 is going to cost less than yours, not have this flaw, and also have a wider selection of games available than when you bought yours.

Mmm, late adopter ;o

In the mean time, I'll just keep playing what is now the "last gen".
bringing sexy back

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

You just restored all love I have for you.  ^-^

Anyway, it was bound to happen.
I now just laugh at my friend who doesn't play since his little brother got his Wii.

Rep:
Level 89

You made me happy inside for saying those words!  :tpg:

Even though i don't have a Wii (yet), i'm still happy with my DS! And is not faulty! *hugs DS

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I am a victim of this problem, so I called them up because my warranty has expired and I have not moved my Xbox 360 ONCE. They said I had to pay £80 for delivery....WTF.

I opened it up, and the the stuff that helps the heat sync with the heat was cheap crappy stuff, so I applied some good stuff to it, fuck'n fixed. Microsoft was too cheap to add general heat components to the 360.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
ITT Nintendo Fanboys think 360s are evil

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
ITT Nintendo Fanboys think 360s are evil

If that is pointed to me, I love the 360 and the Wii and I think the 360 game lineup is awesome too.

Rep:
Level 102