RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
http://www.theinquirer.net/default.aspx?article=40933
http://www.crn.com.au/story.aspx?CIID=85600&src=site-marq

"Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail."

The firm will extend the warranty coverage from one to three years to compensate consumers, but does not plan to instate a recall or exchange programme.

Microsoft gaming chief Robbie Bach claimed in a conference call with financial analysts that the design issues surfaced recently.

"In the past couple of months we started to see significant increases in repair requests and call requests and significant attention from people," he said.

Microsoft did not disclose the exact nature of the problems, but said that it had made the necessary design changes and that units currently in stock will be upgraded.

The extended warranty period is limited to hardware failures indicated by three flashing red lights on the console. Users of consoles suffering from such problems are entitled to free repairs and shipping.

Microsoft estimated that the repairs will cost the company US$1.05bn to US$1.15bn, spilt evenly between the higher than expected return rates for existing consoles under the one-year warranty, and future returns under the extended warranty period."

Lol, microsoft. Discuss.
bringing sexy back

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
They've failed before, they'll fail again  >:(
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
No exchanges or recalls? They fail so bad.

Rep:
Level 89
Let's attack agressively.
WTF?!?! ALL OF THE 11.6 MILLION XBOX 360?!?! SHIT!!

.....this could bring something really bad to Microsoft....

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
YES IT COULD SPOIL MICROSOFT'S SPOTLESS REPUTATION FOR DELIVERING QUALITY SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
YES IT COULD SPOIL MICROSOFT'S SPOTLESS REPUTATION FOR DELIVERING QUALITY SOFTWARE AND HARDWARE :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V :V

Did I fail to notice :V sarcasm?

Bah, microsoft have a fail-combo going on. We need combo breakR
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Mine occasionally wont read discs, especially when I am playing Oblivion.
I also have a 3 red lights of doom on another 360 I own.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 89

damm we need a Combo Breaker....

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Best IRC Chatterbox
My friend sent his 360 in last week. It wouldn't turn on...

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Writer2014 Best Counsel2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Both of the versions I have are Core Versions, and my 360 scratched by Dead Rising. >.>

Rep:
Level 89
Both of the versions I have are Core Versions, and my 360 scratched by Dead Rising. >.>

Lucky me i don't have a 360...if i did have one, ill be REALLY piss off...like so  :mad:

Rep:
Level 98
Nah, if it gives me the three lights, Im going to send it to Microsoft and BITCH and COMPLAIN and send a thousand letters saying I bought it during this summer, not three years ago, send me a new one you fat assed bastards.

Rep:
Level 89
Nah, if it gives me the three lights, Im going to send it to Microsoft and BITCH and COMPLAIN and send a thousand letters saying I bought it during this summer, not three years ago, send me a new one you fat assed bastards.

YES, ATTACK HIS WEAK POINT FOR MASSIVE DAMAGE!!!

...but damm, and no exchange or recall  :mad: SOB!

Rep:
Level 98
       :mad:
   :mad:    :mad:

Three red lights of DOOM.

Rep:
Level 89
       :mad:
   :mad:    :mad:

Three red lights of DOOM.

lol....no don't tell me that....your 360 has the three red light of DOOM!!

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
I was actually discussing this with Boe yesterday on MSN, apparently it's more then a simple "fault" I've heard the consoles are making people literally ill.

And yes, I've had nothing but problems with mine from day one, things from putting in a brandnew game and getting the error message "To play this game, Please put it in an Xbox 360 console" to the current problem of being forced to use a knife to open the tray.

Fuck Microsoft, I'm getting a Wii.

Rep:
Level 102
I was actually discussing this with Boe yesterday on MSN, apparently it's more then a simple "fault" I've heard the consoles are making people literally ill.

And yes, I've had nothing but problems with mine from day one, things from putting in a brandnew game and getting the error message "To play this game, Please put it in an Xbox 360 console" to the current problem of being forced to use a knife to open the tray.

You have no idea how happy those words made me feel.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
YES YES YES YES YES.
WE ARE SORRY PLEASE PUT THIS DISC IN A 360 GAMING DEVICE :V
God I hate that, plus it scratched my Guitar Hero and my first Oblivion copy :/
And, Im not saying 360's are bad, I mean I play mine waaaaaaaaaay more than my wii. But microsoft could atleast MAKE ONE FUCKING PRODUCT THAT YOU DONT HAVE TO WAIT 2 YEARS FOR IT TO STOP SUCKING.

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Most Unsung Member2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
My xbox 360 is going to cost less than yours, not have this flaw, and also have a wider selection of games available than when you bought yours.

Mmm, late adopter ;o

In the mean time, I'll just keep playing what is now the "last gen".
bringing sexy back

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki

You just restored all love I have for you.  ^-^

Anyway, it was bound to happen.
I now just laugh at my friend who doesn't play since his little brother got his Wii.

Rep:
Level 89

You made me happy inside for saying those words!  :tpg:

Even though i don't have a Wii (yet), i'm still happy with my DS! And is not faulty! *hugs DS

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
I am a victim of this problem, so I called them up because my warranty has expired and I have not moved my Xbox 360 ONCE. They said I had to pay £80 for delivery....WTF.

I opened it up, and the the stuff that helps the heat sync with the heat was cheap crappy stuff, so I applied some good stuff to it, fuck'n fixed. Microsoft was too cheap to add general heat components to the 360.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
ITT Nintendo Fanboys think 360s are evil

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
ITT Nintendo Fanboys think 360s are evil

If that is pointed to me, I love the 360 and the Wii and I think the 360 game lineup is awesome too.

Rep:
Level 102

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Oh, now I know who you were directing that to.

Rep:
Level 97
mostly everyone who is FUCK MICROSOFT :V
Because, so far 360 has the best games. I mean all Wii has is Twilight Princess.

Rep:
Level 102
No....it's because they sold a faulty product.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

Am i the only person to have a wii before any other next gen consoles?

Rep:
Level 98
The Wii, in terms of capability, is the last in the race. For now.

Im not leaving Microsoft, but I plan on getting a Wii, because the last non-nintendo thing I owned was the PS1, and before that, the Game Gear (Ghey piece of shit). But the 360 has so many awsome games, im not shelling out for Sony's excuse of a game console, but Im definatly not getting a Wii until Brawl or Umbrella Chronicals.

But the 360 that still works in my home I bought about 7 weeks ago. I just restart the game when it gives me an error, whitch it does about once a week, no more, sometimes less.

Rep:
Level 102

I got a Wii at launch, so the answer is no. >:(

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

So did i =X  but i ment that i only own a wii, non of the others.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Far, far from it.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Ya, I read this and am sending mine in at the end of summer.

I've had the red circle appear 4 times already, and i play about once a week if that. The system also destroyed my Baseball game. I was playing and the system turned red and started shaking reallllllllly badly and I ran and unplugged the system and the disk stopped working =/
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102

So did i =X  but i ment that i only own a wii, non of the others.
Oh, well we both don't own any other this gen consoles.

Quote from: Nouman
Ya, I read this and am sending mine in at the end of summer.

I've had the red circle appear 4 times already, and i play about once a week if that. The system also destroyed my Baseball game. I was playing and the system turned red and started shaking reallllllllly badly and I ran and unplugged the system and the disk stopped working =/
That's terrible. :x

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
The Wii, in terms of capability, is the last in the race.

You do mean:
The Wii, in terms of gay gamers who are obsessed with graphics, and graphics alone, is the last in the race.
Right?
Because, I think the Wii having full motion censor makes it pretty damn powerful, and the 360 would be last in the race with just regular system capabilities.

mostly everyone who is FUCK MICROSOFT :V
Because, so far 360 has the best games. I mean all Wii has is Twilight Princess.

Well, it has been out for a year now (or more?).
Nintendo usually comes out with some kick ass launch titles, but for the Wii, I hope they do take their time.
Matt from IGN said the MP3 is the best console FPS experience ever.
Who also said Galaxy was amazing, but Mario run a hair too slow for him.......

Rep:
Level 98
Thanks for editing my quote. D :

What I mean is that It isn't using it as much as it REALLY could be. They are just getting into the REALLY awsome games. I have beaten Twilight Princess 100% already, and I don't like playing with all the other Wii games, except Super Paper Mario, whitch is cool but sometimes slow. Really, they should pick it up, im tired of playing Wii Sports and super party minigames.

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
The system also destroyed my Baseball game.

They say the only way the disc gets scratched is if you move the console with the disc in it, but that's bs too. My oblivion disc (the one I've used the most) is scratched to fuck and the console hasn't moved an inch, I'm also incredibly careful when handling my games/dvds.

When I buy a game, I don't expect to get "X" number of uses out of it, if I handle it carefully it should last somewhat indefinitely.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I was going to get a 360 for halo 3... but... I may just get a Wii.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Thanks for editing my quote. D :

What I mean is that It isn't using it as much as it REALLY could be. They are just getting into the REALLY awsome games. I have beaten Twilight Princess 100% already, and I don't like playing with all the other Wii games, except Super Paper Mario, whitch is cool but sometimes slow. Really, they should pick it up, im tired of playing Wii Sports and super party minigames.

;8
I think nintendo should take all the time they need (well, within reason) to make their games top-notch. With that out of the way:
I agree, they are just diving into the pool right now, MP3 comes out in about forty days(?) and then in october, november and december we have BWii, Galaxy, Brawl, Strikers....?

I was going to get a 360 for halo 3... but... I may just get a Wii.

I've never had a problem with my Wii, and I've had it for about three months.
unless you consider the internet not working at full speed sometimes a problem, but I also have three computers, so it doesn't matter.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
The system also destroyed my Baseball game.

They say the only way the disc gets scratched is if you move the console with the disc in it, but that's bs too. My oblivion disc (the one I've used the most) is scratched to fuck and the console hasn't moved an inch, I'm also incredibly careful when handling my games/dvds.

When I buy a game, I don't expect to get "X" number of uses out of it, if I handle it carefully it should last somewhat indefinitely.

no thats the weird thing, there aren't any scratches on the game :P
actually I should probably check it on another xbox m,maybe my 360 just can't read it after that fart it had.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
maybe my 360 just can't read it after that fart it had.

360 makes farting sounds? or was that a joke?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I was referring to the massive shake it did when the red lights turned on...

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
It's dancing, its a new feature!  ;8

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
The reason they're not recalling is because it would be a waste of money to take back 11.6 million xboxes and send every single customer a new one. A 3 year warranty is more than enough. And the only reason they are being broken so easily by morons are because those people don't know how to take care of electronics. Hell if I left my PS3 on for 6 hours and kept the CD in when I wasn't using it, I'm sure I could claim "of the 4 PS3's sold, all of them don't work" and put it on a blog too. And of the idiots who say xbox is the worst next gen console is a moron.
Why? Because PS3 is truly last in the race, and Wii shouldn't really count as a next gen. With only the wiimote, the gaming possibilities are quite limited to shooters, simplified sports games, and remakes of good PS2 games to crappy wiimakes (i.e Prince of Persia, NFS: Carbon).

- -

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
rant

But... MICROSOFT has said it themselves... the XboX 360s are crappy...

Quote from: MICROSOFT
"Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail."
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Why? Because PS3 is truly last in the race, and Wii shouldn't really count as a next gen. With only the wiimote, the gaming possibilities are quite limited to shooters, simplified sports games, and remakes of good PS2 games to crappy wiimakes (i.e Prince of Persia, NFS: Carbon).

That's a strong statement. The wii can play any type of game, it doesn't need the motion censor controlling. A lot of games wont use the censor, a lot will.
It's really the creators preference, and how well the game goes with that control scheme.
Super Paper Mario is an example of this, so is Brawl.
I don't think the 360 is the worst system of this gen, I think the PS3 is pretty crappy.
You don't know what you're talking about "The wii isn't this gen", this gen, it only means that it's this generation, that's like saying someone from 1990 isn't from that generation.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
My 360 is perfectly fine... well my grandmothers but still ;D

Well they are solving this by releasing the 360 they was going to bring out.... THE ELITE!

due to trying to compete with PS3 they kinda rushed everything.

Those who don't know the elite has 120 Gig.

and other stuff that i cant be asked to type

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
due to trying to compete with PS3 they kinda rushed everything.

lol wut?

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Yeah, I think I read up Microsoft wanted a head start on sales, so they rushed distribution.
Which kind of sucks though, they aren't dominating the competition, they've been out for nearly two years and has only sold 11 million consoles, while the Wii has sold 10 million and hasn't even been out a year

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah, I think I read up Microsoft wanted a head start on sales, so they rushed distribution.
Which kind of sucks though, they aren't dominating the competition, they've been out for nearly two years and has only sold 11 million consoles, while the Wii has sold 10 million and hasn't even been out a year

That's because the Wii is much better.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~

Rep:
Level 87
lol.
I've always had a high-opinion of Nintendo.
I'm just a little worried about how they're going to compensate with the lack of all the new games made by the more well-known third parties like Square-Enix, Capcom, Konami, and such.

They must have some plan, no way the made a system with such low system specs without a plan.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
yeah no plan, just look at the line up, metroid, mario, ssb, battalion wars, pokemon, animal crossing etc, and it isnt underpowered it's said that it is more powerful than a x-box, so really it's over last gen, and into new gen.

Rep:
Level 87
Nah dude, I did a bit of research not to long ago on all three consoles.
Look up the system specs. It's only a little better.
It's GPU is a little higher than the Xbox, but only by 10 MHz.
But the Xbox's CPU is better.
In my opinion, it should still be in the 6th generation.

And the games you mentioned, those are all made by Nintendo.
I meant 3rd party companies.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2007, 02:52:40 AM by Arkbennett »

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Wii is not next gen.  It is a new generation, better than raving about what specs the system has, and how many forms of media it can play.  It's called gaming, try and follow me here, I dont want to play goddamn dvds, or blu ray disks, or cook waffles on my "game" system.  I want to play GAMES.  Wii is the best.

Rep:
Level 87
Wii is not next gen.  It is a new generation, better than raving about what specs the system has, and how many forms of media it can play.  It's called gaming, try and follow me here, I dont want to play goddamn dvds, or blu ray disks, or cook waffles on my "game" system.  I want to play GAMES.  Wii is the best.

I know Biohazard.
And that's my whole point, I'm worried that Nintendo won't be able to have as much gaming as it should because it won't be able to support all the new games because it CPU and GPU are so low.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

I know Biohazard.
And that's my whole point, I'm worried that Nintendo won't be able to have as much gaming as it should because it won't be able to support all the new games because it CPU and GPU are so low.

lol wut?

Rep +

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?

you played the same games for n64, same games for gamecube, now your playing the same games with just a new name.

Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

I know Biohazard.

Yes but nintendo isnt stupid enough to go 'Let's try and put Resi 5 on here  ;8'

They made it how it is, it's made to be small and new, and strong enough to look good, and it win's on all 3 ways.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

you played the same games for n64, same games for gamecube, now your playing the same games with just a new name.
Yeah, but at least they are good.

Rep:
Level 98
I love my 360 to death, but I went to get a Wii while looking for a this generation console and they were sold out. The 360 is more my taste anyway.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Wii was so goddamn sold out.  Ps3, lol.  NEW PS3s ARE HERE! "you guys got any Wiis?"

Rep:
Level 87
You know what I think is the funniest thing?
When you have good consoles come out and everyone tries taking a bit of money.

The Wii has several lawsuits against it, but I doubt any of them will be held up.
You know the little Wii point and click thing? Nintendeo apparently stole that.  ::)

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!

Yeah, but at least they are good.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter

he's on his way to being most quoted in a thread...couldn't resist a +rep for that... :D

i completely agree.  if I wanted all that, I'd get a ****in' new computer for crying out loud. 

Want a personal sig like this? Ask Firerain:
http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,20203.0.html

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
i completely agree.  if I wanted all that, I'd get a ****in' new computer for crying out loud. 

Well, I sorta need a new computer..or atleast a new hard drive and mother board...and video card...but I have this laptop and another pc I can use for now...

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
This threads title is a lie. Not all Xbox 360s are faulty, it's the owners WHO make them faulty. As for the Wii, I hate it, it has a cool design, but the selection of games sucks.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
This threads title is a lie. Not all Xbox 360s are faulty, it's the owners WHO make them faulty. As for the Wii, I hate it, it has a cool design, but the selection of games sucks.

You suck.
As for you first statement, I think if Microsoft said it was faulty, it's probably faulty, that's the one things we can trust when they say it.
Also, what does the owner have to do with a flaw in the system?

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam botsSecret Santa 2012 Participant
Aye. Microsoft said it was faulty? Those douchebags. As for your second question, the owners treat it badly?

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
Nintendo is its own entity, whereas it seems that Playstation and Microsoft not only make their own titles but also go in moreso than nintendo with other companies and entities.  True, games like Lord of the Rings are available for all platforms, but Nintendo seems to be...how to put it...more original than the others, I guess (can't quite put my finger on it).  

If given the choice I'd immediately grab a wii.  scrap the others, cuz

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
As for your second question, the owners treat it badly?

What does the owners treating it badly have to do with a flaw/glitch?

Rep:
Level 87
Aye. Microsoft said it was faulty? Those douchebags. As for your second question, the owners treat it badly?

Yup, that's what this whole thread was about.

he's on his way to being most quoted in a thread...couldn't resist a +rep for that... :D

Okay, but you can miss out on all the great non-nintendo games that will come out for the other two consoles.  :P

What does the owners treating it badly have to do with a flaw/glitch?

Because if you turn it off every 2 hours and let it cool down it won't overheat and cause the Red Rings of Death.
However, idk if there is a way to prevent the disc scratching problem. The 360 is to unstable, probably because it still uses a disc tray.

Rep:
Level 88
Unoriginal text here.
Rushing a console release is unhealthy.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Rushing a console release is unhealthy.

I agree.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
The owners treat it badly?
Total bullshit, my friends 360 has no marks, or never had any trauma of any kind, it sat on a shelf under his television, with no dust, and running fine, until about a week ago, and now it wont even turn on.  So much for the owners treating it badly.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Yeah, and the kid who almost died trying to cool it down.

Rep:
Level 86
Thank god, I dint buy a xbox 360!

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
heh, first Xbox has a 70% chance of catching fire even when off, due to a power cable problem, and it took them near a year to tell people XD

now the "infamous" Red Ring of Death...
and again, it took WAAAAAAAY to long to tell ppl about it
What is it with Microsoft and color-coded Doom Errors?
BSoD
RRoD

what's next?

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
xboxs have always been a waist of money always will be

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I think they have been a knee of money.

Rep:
Level 87
heh, first Xbox has a 70% chance of catching fire even when off, due to a power cable problem, and it took them near a year to tell people XD

now the "infamous" Red Ring of Death...
and again, it took WAAAAAAAY to long to tell ppl about it
What is it with Microsoft and color-coded Doom Errors?
BSoD
RRoD

what's next?

Actually, it's a little over 30%, before sure to check your information out.

Oh, and there already is a next. Xbox360 scratchs discs also.
Another reason why I won't buy one, that and the lack of RPGs.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
ermm....why did you link me to something about Xbox 360?
the only statistic I gave was that the original Xbox had a 70% chance of catching fire spontaneously

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
microsoft can make games and can make OSs They cant make a console to save there life

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Most of this threads replies are full of bullshit opinions. My 360 has been running fine, and I've only gotten the three red lights ONCE and that was because I had a cord half-unplugged.

I talked to my friends who all own 360 and said they have never had a problem with them. My opinion is it's the owners. They must be doing something to the console to make it faulty. I don't care whether Microsoft said it was faulty, it could be their fault, it could be the owners.

Fuck you Nintendo fanboys.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
... I am not a Nintendo fan boy  but Microsoft i hate so much i'm not saying that the Xbox 360 is bad graphics or anything its just Microsoft screwed it by releasing it faulty

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
... I am not a Nintendo fan boy  but Microsoft i hate so much i'm not saying that the Xbox 360 is bad graphics or anything its just Microsoft screwed it by releasing it faulty
I half agree with that statement.

Rep:
Level 102
Erm........the 360 graphics are good..

Meet me in the middle
Rep:
Level 89
or left of the dial.
Erm........the 360 graphics are good..
Learn to read Irock.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
i'm notsaying that the Xbox 360 is bad graphics or anything

Rep:
Level 97
Spoiler for I like nintendo:
I would seriously love my Wii so much more if it had more games. I have nothing against Nintendo, but oh my god the fan boys. Shut the fuck up, Nintendo is definitely not the only company that can make good games, so everyone in their own little corner spitting out shit like GEARS SUCKS LOL and the such need to shut their mouth. Infact my favorite game of all time is Twilight Princess, just letting you know I love Nintendo, but again, FAN BOYS ARE RETARDED, ESPECIALLY SONY FAN BOYS.

Short story shorter, I love nintendo dont think Im all 360, but I agree with Firerain, my 360 hasnt broke once, and I got it at launch.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Most of this threads replies are full of bullshit opinions. My 360 has been running fine, and I've only gotten the three red lights ONCE and that was because I had a cord half-unplugged.

I talked to my friends who all own 360 and said they have never had a problem with them. My opinion is it's the owners. They must be doing something to the console to make it faulty. I don't care whether Microsoft said it was faulty, it could be their fault, it could be the owners.

1) Ok

2) Murphy's Law

3) There is no such thing as a Nintendo Fanboy, we just have taste in games.

Spoiler for I like nintendo:
I would seriously love my Wii so much more if it had more games. I have nothing against Nintendo, but oh my god the fan boys. Shut the fuck up, Nintendo is definitely not the only company that can make good games, so everyone in their own little corner spitting out shit like GEARS SUCKS LOL and the such need to shut their mouth. Infact my favorite game of all time is Twilight Princess, just letting you know I love Nintendo, but again, FAN BOYS ARE RETARDED, ESPECIALLY SONY FAN BOYS.

Short story shorter, I love nintendo dont think Im all 360, but I agree with Firerain, my 360 hasnt broke once, and I got it at launch.

I never said GoW sucks, in fact, I'll probably buy it to play online if my brother buys it.
Every system has a rocky start, you have to admit, the original Xbox is a grand example.

Rep:
Level 97
I wasnt talking to you, I was talking to fan boys in general =o
Also, Gears online is over rated, you basically run at eachother shooting a shotgun until someone dies.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY

Rep:
Level 98
I wasnt talking to you, I was talking to fan boys in general =o
Also, Gears online is over rated, you basically run at eachother shooting a shotgun until someone dies.

I thought it was alright online, yeah, the same old warzone gridlock battles got old and it was like playing the game on causal, except with dumber people, but I like playing R6:Vegas online better.

Rep:
Level 87
Well, that's the drawback of them getting a headstart against the PS3 and the Wii. But hey, the only thing they did best for me was their Os'es. Except Windows Me, ahhh, it's been a long time since they've screwed up. :D

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
Well, that's the drawback of them getting a headstart against the PS3 and the Wii. But hey, the only thing they did best for me was their Os'es. Except Windows Me, ahhh, it's been a long time since they've screwed up. :D

*cough* Vista *cough*

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

1) lots of the thread's replies have basis in fact or are opinions (it's pretty much a debate, opinions will come into play)

2) umm...yeah it could be the fault of the owners...but if the company that MAKES a console says "Oops, it's buggy, sorry guys our bad" then it's most likely that....welll....hmm...It's THEIR fault?

3) I'm not a fanboy, I like all the systems, but wouldn't really go out and buy any of them. I have a Wii cuz my parents bought it. I would love a 360 if we could get Live but we can't, and Gears was pretty ok, but too short and the online is repetitive like halo2.

oh yeah, and wouldn't people running around saying "STFU Nintendo Fanboy, Microsoft Be am bettrr" be Microsoft Fanboys? and the same for Sony Fanboys? so how come there's only Nintendo Fanboys?

I'm just getting really tired of people arguing over which piece of plastic is better and yelling at people for not agreeing with them.  It's quite sickening.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2007, 06:08:15 PM by NAMKCOR »

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
But seriously, my piece of plastic is better you guys.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
no mine is :P

I love my gamecube now that I can finally play it again.

If I had to choose which piece of plastic to go with I'd go nintendo.  Simply because I've had a much better experience and exposure to their games.
The only time a game system is the "best" is when it's you, the gamer, trying to decide which one will fit your needs best.  I like Gamecube and the idea of the Wii because they're game systems.  PS3 and 360 are just game-oriented computers.  Seriously.  THey can connect to the internet, play dvds/blueray/whatever, and if the disk drive in your 360 blows just grab the one out of your microsoft computer (one of the seniors in my school last year did that)

Opinions can't really be bad or good cuz it's the way people think.  There's no right or wrong with debates (unless the opinion is on something completely different). 

Also just because YOU haven't had a breakdown doesn't prove much of anything...if microsoft says there's a problem, there's a problem, though for you and others it hasn't come up yet.

Rep:
Level 89
No Cake For you!
no mine is :P

I love my gamecube now that I can finally play it again.

If I had to choose which piece of plastic to go with I'd go nintendo.  Simply because I've had a much better experience and exposure to their games.
The only time a game system is the "best" is when it's you, the gamer, trying to decide which one will fit your needs best.  I like Gamecube and the idea of the Wii because they're game systems.  PS3 and 360 are just game-oriented computers.  Seriously.  THey can connect to the internet, play dvds/blueray/whatever, and if the disk drive in your 360 blows just grab the one out of your microsoft computer (one of the seniors in my school last year did that)

Opinions can't really be bad or good cuz it's the way people think.  There's no right or wrong with debates (unless the opinion is on something completely different). 

Also just because YOU haven't had a breakdown doesn't prove much of anything...if microsoft says there's a problem, there's a problem, though for you and others it hasn't come up yet.

Gamecube Ftw too bad there are no new games for it

Rep:
Level 87
*cough* Vista *cough*

Thanks for reminding me. Well so far, they've messed up 2 OS'es. ;9 I hope it doesn't get any worse than Win Me and Xbox360.  :tpg:

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
Gamecube Ftw too bad there are no new games for it

Well there is Twilight princess...I'm lookin at that but if I get a wii then it's kinda pointless...

BTW that reminds me...my friend says that Wii can't save GameCube games, hence he can't get far in his Metroid Prime Echoes game.  Is that true?  or is he getting really good at pulling my leg?

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
so when I get a wii I only need to sell the actual gamecube?

Rep:
Level 102
so when I get a wii I only need to sell the actual gamecube?
Sell the Gamecube, keep your games, controllers, and memory cards. I've never actually tried to save a Gamecube game on the Wii's internal memory, I just use a Gamecube memory card.

Rep:
Level 88
wrath of winter
thanks for clearing that, now I'm closer to getting a wii!  yay!

hmmm...I seem to have diverted the topic...oh well.

Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
I've never actually tried to save a Gamecube game on the Wii's internal memory, I just use a Gamecube memory card.
As far as I know, it doesn't work.  Not with metroid prime anyway.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
I've never actually tried to save a Gamecube game on the Wii's internal memory, I just use a Gamecube memory card.
As far as I know, it doesn't work.  Not with metroid prime anyway.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii#Backward_compatibility