RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
All 11.6 million Xbox 360s are faulty.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Oh, now I know who you were directing that to.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
mostly everyone who is FUCK MICROSOFT :V
Because, so far 360 has the best games. I mean all Wii has is Twilight Princess.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
No....it's because they sold a faulty product.

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE
I was actually discussing this with Boe yesterday on MSN, apparently it's more then a simple "fault" I've heard the consoles are making people literally ill.

And yes, I've had nothing but problems with mine from day one, things from putting in a brandnew game and getting the error message "To play this game, Please put it in an Xbox 360 console" to the current problem of being forced to use a knife to open the tray.

Fuck Microsoft, I'm getting a Wii.

Am i the only person to have a wii before any other next gen consoles?

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
The Wii, in terms of capability, is the last in the race. For now.

Im not leaving Microsoft, but I plan on getting a Wii, because the last non-nintendo thing I owned was the PS1, and before that, the Game Gear (Ghey piece of shit). But the 360 has so many awsome games, im not shelling out for Sony's excuse of a game console, but Im definatly not getting a Wii until Brawl or Umbrella Chronicals.

But the 360 that still works in my home I bought about 7 weeks ago. I just restart the game when it gives me an error, whitch it does about once a week, no more, sometimes less.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I was actually discussing this with Boe yesterday on MSN, apparently it's more then a simple "fault" I've heard the consoles are making people literally ill.

And yes, I've had nothing but problems with mine from day one, things from putting in a brandnew game and getting the error message "To play this game, Please put it in an Xbox 360 console" to the current problem of being forced to use a knife to open the tray.

I got a Wii at launch, so the answer is no. >:(

You zetta sons of digits.
Rep:
Level 91
SMEEEEE HEEEEEE

So did i =X  but i ment that i only own a wii, non of the others.

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
Far, far from it.

pokeball :)OfflineMale
Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
Ya, I read this and am sending mine in at the end of summer.

I've had the red circle appear 4 times already, and i play about once a week if that. The system also destroyed my Baseball game. I was playing and the system turned red and started shaking reallllllllly badly and I ran and unplugged the system and the disk stopped working =/
Watch out for: HaloOfTheSun

Rep:
Level 102

So did i =X  but i ment that i only own a wii, non of the others.
Oh, well we both don't own any other this gen consoles.

Quote from: Nouman
Ya, I read this and am sending mine in at the end of summer.

I've had the red circle appear 4 times already, and i play about once a week if that. The system also destroyed my Baseball game. I was playing and the system turned red and started shaking reallllllllly badly and I ran and unplugged the system and the disk stopped working =/
That's terrible. :x

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki
The Wii, in terms of capability, is the last in the race.

You do mean:
The Wii, in terms of gay gamers who are obsessed with graphics, and graphics alone, is the last in the race.
Right?
Because, I think the Wii having full motion censor makes it pretty damn powerful, and the 360 would be last in the race with just regular system capabilities.

mostly everyone who is FUCK MICROSOFT :V
Because, so far 360 has the best games. I mean all Wii has is Twilight Princess.

Well, it has been out for a year now (or more?).
Nintendo usually comes out with some kick ass launch titles, but for the Wii, I hope they do take their time.
Matt from IGN said the MP3 is the best console FPS experience ever.
Who also said Galaxy was amazing, but Mario run a hair too slow for him.......

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Writer2011 Best Counsel2010 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member
Thanks for editing my quote. D :

What I mean is that It isn't using it as much as it REALLY could be. They are just getting into the REALLY awsome games. I have beaten Twilight Princess 100% already, and I don't like playing with all the other Wii games, except Super Paper Mario, whitch is cool but sometimes slow. Really, they should pick it up, im tired of playing Wii Sports and super party minigames.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Communism<3
Rep:
Level 91
The system also destroyed my Baseball game.

They say the only way the disc gets scratched is if you move the console with the disc in it, but that's bs too. My oblivion disc (the one I've used the most) is scratched to fuck and the console hasn't moved an inch, I'm also incredibly careful when handling my games/dvds.

When I buy a game, I don't expect to get "X" number of uses out of it, if I handle it carefully it should last somewhat indefinitely.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I was going to get a 360 for halo 3... but... I may just get a Wii.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Thanks for editing my quote. D :

What I mean is that It isn't using it as much as it REALLY could be. They are just getting into the REALLY awsome games. I have beaten Twilight Princess 100% already, and I don't like playing with all the other Wii games, except Super Paper Mario, whitch is cool but sometimes slow. Really, they should pick it up, im tired of playing Wii Sports and super party minigames.

;8
I think nintendo should take all the time they need (well, within reason) to make their games top-notch. With that out of the way:
I agree, they are just diving into the pool right now, MP3 comes out in about forty days(?) and then in october, november and december we have BWii, Galaxy, Brawl, Strikers....?

I was going to get a 360 for halo 3... but... I may just get a Wii.

I've never had a problem with my Wii, and I've had it for about three months.
unless you consider the internet not working at full speed sometimes a problem, but I also have three computers, so it doesn't matter.

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
The system also destroyed my Baseball game.

They say the only way the disc gets scratched is if you move the console with the disc in it, but that's bs too. My oblivion disc (the one I've used the most) is scratched to fuck and the console hasn't moved an inch, I'm also incredibly careful when handling my games/dvds.

When I buy a game, I don't expect to get "X" number of uses out of it, if I handle it carefully it should last somewhat indefinitely.

no thats the weird thing, there aren't any scratches on the game :P
actually I should probably check it on another xbox m,maybe my 360 just can't read it after that fart it had.

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
maybe my 360 just can't read it after that fart it had.

360 makes farting sounds? or was that a joke?

Cheese
Rep:
Level 95
?
I was referring to the massive shake it did when the red lights turned on...

Absolutely the one chosen by fadark
Rep:
Level 94
GAAAAAAAAY
It's dancing, its a new feature!  ;8

Rep:
Level 91
Blah blah blah...
Project of the Month winner for November 2008
The reason they're not recalling is because it would be a waste of money to take back 11.6 million xboxes and send every single customer a new one. A 3 year warranty is more than enough. And the only reason they are being broken so easily by morons are because those people don't know how to take care of electronics. Hell if I left my PS3 on for 6 hours and kept the CD in when I wasn't using it, I'm sure I could claim "of the 4 PS3's sold, all of them don't work" and put it on a blog too. And of the idiots who say xbox is the worst next gen console is a moron.
Why? Because PS3 is truly last in the race, and Wii shouldn't really count as a next gen. With only the wiimote, the gaming possibilities are quite limited to shooters, simplified sports games, and remakes of good PS2 games to crappy wiimakes (i.e Prince of Persia, NFS: Carbon).

- -

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
rant

But... MICROSOFT has said it themselves... the XboX 360s are crappy...

Quote from: MICROSOFT
"Microsoft has admitted that every one of the 11.6 million Xbox 360 consoles sold in the past 19 months suffers from a design flaw that could cause the device to fail."
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
Why? Because PS3 is truly last in the race, and Wii shouldn't really count as a next gen. With only the wiimote, the gaming possibilities are quite limited to shooters, simplified sports games, and remakes of good PS2 games to crappy wiimakes (i.e Prince of Persia, NFS: Carbon).

That's a strong statement. The wii can play any type of game, it doesn't need the motion censor controlling. A lot of games wont use the censor, a lot will.
It's really the creators preference, and how well the game goes with that control scheme.
Super Paper Mario is an example of this, so is Brawl.
I don't think the 360 is the worst system of this gen, I think the PS3 is pretty crappy.
You don't know what you're talking about "The wii isn't this gen", this gen, it only means that it's this generation, that's like saying someone from 1990 isn't from that generation.

Rep:
Level 87
~Be Cool~
My 360 is perfectly fine... well my grandmothers but still ;D

Well they are solving this by releasing the 360 they was going to bring out.... THE ELITE!

due to trying to compete with PS3 they kinda rushed everything.

Those who don't know the elite has 120 Gig.

and other stuff that i cant be asked to type

Crew Slut
Rep:
Level 93
You'll love it!
due to trying to compete with PS3 they kinda rushed everything.

lol wut?

Rep:
Level 87
In my own little world...
Yeah, I think I read up Microsoft wanted a head start on sales, so they rushed distribution.
Which kind of sucks though, they aren't dominating the competition, they've been out for nearly two years and has only sold 11 million consoles, while the Wii has sold 10 million and hasn't even been out a year