RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Easy Dash Tutorial

Rep:
Level 89
I am yourself!
Hi...
I want to share my ten-minutes experiment results with you...

First, make a common event, call it anything. Make it parallel (the switch is up to you).
Make a conditional branch. Switch to tab 4 and activate the Script. Fill it with:
Code: [Select]
Input.press?(Input::SHIFT)
don't forget the else case.

Now, for the if case, make a move event. Player: change speed: 5.
For the else case: Player: change speed:4.

Sorry for the bad grammar and writing, but if you understand it, you'll find it useful.
Thx!
Symphony of Alderra : Memoirs of Life

Storyline : 200% (Overimaginatives)
Scripting : 100% (At last...)
Eventing  : 100%
Mapping   : 0.125%

Rep:
Level 83
Kidfox70. It happens.
What if you want it to be able to turn off and on? Like lets say i want it to be an item that my Hero gets for some quest or something, like dashing shoes. If i want to use them, go to the menu and equip them, then when i'm playing press Shift. if i want them to be off, go to the menu and unequip them. how would i be able to do that?
I don't say bless you when people sneeze, cause i'm not God. Blessing people is his job. Lolo?

Rep:
Level 88
What if you want it to be able to turn off and on? Like lets say i want it to be an item that my Hero gets for some quest or something, like dashing shoes. If i want to use them, go to the menu and equip them, then when i'm playing press Shift. if i want them to be off, go to the menu and unequip them. how would i be able to do that?
You'd link the item to a common event wouldn't you?
That or make a conditional inside a conditional.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
You do realize that conditional branches can already check what button you're pressing without having to use a script right? ...

Also, we have like 8934820342093 of these tutorials lol. I would hope by now everyone that has or has not ever touched RMXP would know how to make a dash event system in their sleep. lol

Rep:
Level 89
I am yourself!
well, with script you are free to decide which button to use for activate the event right?
Symphony of Alderra : Memoirs of Life

Storyline : 200% (Overimaginatives)
Scripting : 100% (At last...)
Eventing  : 100%
Mapping   : 0.125%

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
It's the same with the conditional branch command. Look in the command's window.