RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Screenshot Thread

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
@The Shadow: That is some excellent use of RTP and subtle lighting.

@Sunny Milk: You might want edit the tiles for the stairs, straighten the middle line. Also the fade to black around the edges (aaaaagh the photography term escapes me) is nice, but the place seems pretty dark already. Maybe lighten the tone just a tad.

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
@Sunny Milk - The lighting's strange and overpowering.

@The Shadow- That's some good shit there. I'd move the boxes in the bottom right up a tile though. It looks strange when the graphic stops right where a wall (or jail cell bars) start.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)

Took me seemingly forever to do this one. It feels a bit small, but then it's supposed to be just a small sitting room / parlor. Still need to work on the lower bookshelf so that it's a tad longer, and the back of the arm chair facing up can use some more details.

There's two issues bugging me though. One, the fire sprites never seem to fit right in the fireplace. The solo fire sprites hover above the floor of the fireplace, and the campfire log fire sprites stick out a bit from the fireplace. Can't seem to win either way. Secondly, the vertical bookshelf feels weird; there's a massive gap between the player and the bookshelf, making it look as if he's going to examine all the small titles from several feet away. Aside from making the shelf fatter, are there any solutions I might try for this?

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Best Non-RM Creator2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest Member2012 Most Successful TrollSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
Nice.

You could just move the bookshelf graphic down some.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Randomizer - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Kindest Member2011 Best Veteran2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
Nice.

You could just move the bookshelf graphic down some.

Ah, my apologies. I meant the lower shelf, the vertical one that you can't see the contents of. As you can see, the player is right next to it, yet there's quite a distance between him and the shelf.

Rep:
Level 102
Oh, well I think top one needs to be moved down some. The top's deeper than there is floor space between the front of the bookshelf and the start of the wall.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Spoiler for:

Part of a forest.

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
Theres some issues with your mapping, First, the tree shadows kinda cutoff and it makes it weird, second, you should add some more grass, flowers and ground cover to make it more foresty

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Unsung Member

Testing a new map style for interiors, more photoshop, trying to break the grid a bit without making it un-walkable. The top floor of the first inn.  Is the look worth the trouble?

Rep:
Level 84
Joy, your maps are always incredible and never cease to amaze me.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
Goddammit Joy. Stop making my VX maps look shitty in comparison. ;-;

Rep:
Level 76
RMRK Junior
A little screen :D

« Last Edit: September 20, 2010, 09:44:11 PM by CircleDrain »

Rep:
Level 75
These are relly nice I wish I could map like that.  ;)

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
The sleeping brother really needs a bigger duvet. Though I've seen my own brother do that so...

Hey... my name's... Sashikinaroji...
Rep:
Level 83
fear me...
Also the fade to black around the edges (aaaaagh the photography term escapes me)
ah, I know the term well: vignette.

One, the fire sprites never seem to fit right in the fireplace. The solo fire sprites hover above the floor of the fireplace, and the campfire log fire sprites stick out a bit from the fireplace. Can't seem to win either way.
While I cannot help you with the bookcase (the only options that I can tell are to make the bookshelf wider, or place it a few more pixels away from the wall) i may throw together a quick fire animation tomorrow...

Is the look worth the trouble?

definitely. It looks splendid, although that is putting it bluntly.

this looks very much improved, I like it, and, as long as the style is consistent, I like it... although, the beds are either too short or too wide... they just don't look quite right...

The sleeping brother really needs a bigger duvet

... Wtf is a duvet???
Ok, DON'T EXPECT HELP FROM ME~! I will perhaps rant a bit, but don't expect me to do graphics for you, even if I say I will... I won't.

Rep:
Level 84
@joy How do you do it like that? It's so amazingly amazing. But I have no idea how to start. You should make a tutorial! That would be sweet!

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
^Peppor

get this reference, you get +10 points.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
whoa.

that was kind of awesome.

Rep:
Level 89
slate furry thing
Duvet is also the opening to Serial Experiments Lain. But that's going off track.

CBS is being a bastard. Have a title screen instead.

EDIT: Gah... no no, still not sure about this style of battle status:
« Last Edit: September 22, 2010, 05:26:46 AM by Taylor »

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
Hrmph.
Mapping is definitely one of my weakpoints, so I figured I'd start mapping more while I'm working on the storyline!
Here are 3 RTP maps, none of which are connected or related. Just random maps to practice.

Tower
Spoiler for:

Castle
Spoiler for:

Forest
Spoiler for:

This one is my favorite of the three.

Also, ignore the little portals. That's just how I get from map to map to take screenshots :p
Currently working on :: The Empire

And check the forums!

Rep:
Level 76
Noctis divi almam vestram protegant!

Testing a new map style for interiors, more photoshop, trying to break the grid a bit without making it un-walkable. The top floor of the first inn.  Is the look worth the trouble?

The result got pretty good. I liked the way you made the lighting, although discrete it look nice.

Took me seemingly forever to do this one. It feels a bit small, but then it's supposed to be just a small sitting room / parlor. Still need to work on the lower bookshelf so that it's a tad longer, and the back of the arm chair facing up can use some more details.

There's two issues bugging me though. One, the fire sprites never seem to fit right in the fireplace. The solo fire sprites hover above the floor of the fireplace, and the campfire log fire sprites stick out a bit from the fireplace. Can't seem to win either way. Secondly, the vertical bookshelf feels weird; there's a massive gap between the player and the bookshelf, making it look as if he's going to examine all the small titles from several feet away. Aside from making the shelf fatter, are there any solutions I might try for this?

Really nice. This screen color tone have an interesting feeling. About the fireplace, it looks well for me, maybe you can erase these pixels that stick out of the place.
And the bookshelf looks weird, I don't like the way VX mapping is because of this. What you can do is edit it to be more thin. I recommend to do positioning of such things using them as events, in the events' graphics you can positionate it where you want.

That lighting got too strong, you can add some opacity to it. Besides that, looks very cool.

This is my last lighting effects try. I used a differente technique this time, here is the result:
Obs: This map wasn't made by me, it was made by a friend.

I try, but my english sucks.

pokeball joyOfflineFemale
Rep:
Level 85
I heard the voice of the salt in the desert
2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)Project of the Month winner for June 20092010 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Winner - 2011 Winter Project of the Season2010 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2010 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Mapping2014 Best Artist2014 Best RPG Maker User - Graphics2013 Best RPG Maker User (Graphical)2013 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2010 Most Attractive Female Member2010 Most Unsung Member
Looking good andarillo, I like the tone and the lighting.

Testing out some new tiles for mountains and plants..so kinda a sandbox/throwaway map. Thinking I still need to tweak the colors on many of these plants...opinions on plants/mountains/ect?

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
That is really awesome!! Did you make that tileset?