RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Recruiting

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Guess what guys, I got my laptop back! ^_^

All the work I need to do now is re-format my computer and set up my internet again. And if I want a high quality demo, I'd have to start from scratch which would only take about 4 hours since I have 1/2 of the resources. I might also include an art style preview and maybe even the opening so far (which isn't on the computer right now cause I haven't gotten the chance to scan it in.

~Winged

<3
Rep:
Level 90
UPDATE:

Well its official, its going to public, no more lists but I do expect the people who signed up to give a report, while the others can see how crappy my name making and mapping is.

~Winged

<3
Rep:
Level 90
BUMP

I need some people to help meh (Refer to the first post for more details)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
I'm a noob on this forum, so I don't know the procedures of recruitment,but I give it a try.
Can I be one of the testers? I'm very thurough with RPG's and I can give you a full report on what I find and think and did.
If I did something wrong just now please tell me or pm me...

<3
Rep:
Level 90
I think you'd be fine, welcome in!

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
Yay :D
So what should I do now? Where or when do I get what I need?

Shooting for the "MEMBER MODERATOR OF THE YEAR 2007" Award
Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
I would like to test your demo out. This sounds promising and with Ragnarok sprites and battlers the graphics are gonna be great.
Sig by MacGravel

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Hopefully when I get ATLEAST 2 playable character sheets the demo will be good enough for actually play. 2 days BEFORE the demo is released there will be a test message sent to every tester who signed up. If they don't reply within 2 days they will not get the download link sent to them. Please don't share the download link without my permission guys =D

Also, whoever doesn't have enough posts/rep can message me and privately organize a "try out session" which includes questions asked my meh  ;8

~Winged

Rep:
Level 87
I don't get it anymore. I don't know what your minimum requirements are with posts/rep, but I'm pretty sure I don't meet them... so will I stil get the link or do I have to do something else first? ???

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Testers don't have a requirement, the requirements were for my slav- I mean helpers

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
wait, so you need charcter sheets as in th 16 poses(4 moving left,4 moving right, 4 moving down, 4 moving up)? Im not sure if you saw this before:

if you have then what is it you need, like attaching heads or something? Making the sheet outta them? I could help.

Edit: I took down the link so just incase
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 04:31:34 PM by ChaosSpartan28 »
Sig by MacGravel

<3
Rep:
Level 90
That'd be great and yes, I've used that site but then switched to downloading the whole package and then deleting unwanted ones. It'd be great if you could help, how much do you think you can do??

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
 I have worked with sprites before like attaching body parts to a main body. So basically I could help you out with these. Tell me what you need and I see what I can do
Sig by MacGravel

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Hmm..do you mind doing 2 charsets and seeing how your initiative skills are I might ask you to make BATTLERS (don don don)

If you look into my game topic, you'll see a character named "Shadow". Please do him as for I do not have any time to spare cause I'm TRYING working on battlers.

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Ok, but could you give me the name of the parts you used(IE:what head gear, player class,etc) that way I can stary soon. Also you want side view and walkig character sets?

Edit: NVM about the parts and here you go

I still need to know what you need me to do
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 03:18:02 AM by ChaosSpartan28 »
Sig by MacGravel

<3
Rep:
Level 90
That looks pretty right...nice job!

Anyway, I need the charset for him walking around (4up, 4down, 4left, 4right) do you think you can do that?

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
of course. I was just waiting for you to reply to tell me what you wanted. You said 2 charsets... Moving and fighting?
Sig by MacGravel

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Fighting is the more "advanced" one. What I mean by advanced is more copy and pasting. You'd normally need a template, but I'm happy with you putting them together. Have you got weapon sprites? If you do, Shadow Uses a sword, any sword would be fine apart from a Katar, thats Kairo's weapon. Anyway, I want you to follow this "formula" (the position of each pose). There are 4 frames in each pose btw.

THE GENERAL TEMPLATE POSES:
Pose #1 - READY (The battler is typically bobbing around)
Pose #2 - STRUCK (Shows him/her staggering backwards)
Pose #3 - CRITICAL (The battler is dangerouly low on health)
Pose #4 - BLOCK (The battler attempts to defend himself)
Pose #5 - RUSH! (The battler charges forward)
Pose #6 - RETREAT (The battler returns to formation)
Pose #7 - ATTACK (Shows the battler's melee attack move)
Pose #8 - ITEM (Shows the battler using an item or object)
Pose #9 - SKILL (Shows the battler... typically casting a spell)
Pose #10 - VICTORY (Shows the battler in a victory pose)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Yes I do have weapon sprites. As for your formula, do you want one pose of every angle?
Sig by MacGravel

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Facing left would be nice =D (Not FULL on left though, and also if you want a battler to work with I have a crap one as reference)

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Sure. Im also working on your charset right now.
Sig by MacGravel

<3
Rep:
Level 90
Thankyou so much, this means a lot  :tpg:

I've been looking at pixels all day and now everything I see is pixelated!  :tpg: :tpg:

~Winged

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Could you post or pm the battler so I can check it out?

EDIT: Here is a 20% complete Shadow charset

« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 05:55:11 AM by ChaosSpartan28 »
Sig by MacGravel

Rep:
Level 89
Hi, there.
Here you go Winged

Edit of your Kairo Battler sheet

And my 40% complete Shadow charset

EDIT: sorry for the double post
Sig by MacGravel