RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
3/13-3/19 Weekly Map Jam - Cliffside Dwelling

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
WEEKLY MAP JAM!Yellow text, lol.
LIVIN' ON THE EDGE

Hope you can stop yourself from fallin' because it's time to make a place to live on the edge.

At the top, part way down or at the base of the cliff it's all cliffside! Also feel free to go as big or small as you want, if you want to make a whole cliffside village go for it.

Rules!
-Post up a map that fits the theme from your preferred maker program (Or map making program of choice, Feel free to use the Far Cry 2 map editor if you want to or something.)
-One map, multiple screen shots are acceptable only if it's the same map.
-Post what you think the map theme should be next week! first map with a suggestion is the next week's suggestion, no suggesting twice in a row. Having a suggestion is not compulsory.
-Leave feedback for others work if you're so inclined!

Critique always welcome!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lzIFKfmYp0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lzIFKfmYp0</a>

You probably thought this would be Aerosmith, sorry but no.

As a note, I'll change wording of suggestions slightly from here on out if needed to give mappers more flexibility. Committing to a whole village for a map jam can be daunting, we want as many people to post as possible even if they only made one snowy house or a whole snowy village.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2015, 02:50:03 AM by strike »

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

If I'm allowed to suggest again, I suggest ~*~*MaGiCaL mEaDoW*~*~

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
That's pretty awesome, aco! I love the set up of that map/scene! :gracie:

The path in the middle looks like a dried up stream. I like it! B)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Thanks  :D
I was thinking about grandpa gohan's house at the time, and I remembered I had that cool house from celianna in my resource stash. It's more viking than asian though. Ohwell.

I really wish Ace had layers though. .-.
I hate mapping with events.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
I really wish Ace had layers though. .-.
I hate mapping with events.

This.

I'm not exactly sure how it was done in XP because I barely touched it/can't remember. But having the tilesets layer by order would be a great idea. Everything already goes over the A layer, but why can't C go over B, etc? That'd be kewl. B(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
XP had three layers that you could toggle between. It made things a little more complicated (as layers often do), but it was much faster than using events as a third layer like you have to do now. I guess they wanted to scrap it to make things "easier". :firerain:

VX and Ace beat it in parallaxing ability though. There's not really a good way to do it in XP.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
XP had three layers that you could toggle between. It made things a little more complicated (as layers often do), but it was much faster than using events as a third layer like you have to do now. I guess they wanted to scrap it to make things "easier". :firerain:

VX and Ace beat it in parallaxing ability though. There's not really a good way to do it in XP.

I do recall giving XP mapping a try, but it was complicated and VX was already out. :B I got XP as part of a humble bundle, so maybe I'll give it a try again sometime. I'm happy with VXA, other than that stupid layer thing. B(
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
graveyard for next

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&