RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Rarity, and why a pokemon reset was done

( ´ิ(ꈊ) ´ิ) ((≡^⚲͜^≡)) (ી(΄◞ิ౪◟ิ‵)ʃ)
Rep:
Level 102
(っ˘ڡ˘ς) ʕ•̼͛͡•ʕ-̺͛͡•ʔ•̮͛͡•ʔ (*ꆤ.̫ꆤ*)
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award
Soon enough, we will have a rarity system completed. As things stand right now, every pokemon is as likely to appear as every other, and all pokemon have an equal (currently 80%) catch rate.

Once the rarity system/data is done, rare pokemon will be rare, hard to catch pokemon will be hard to catch and so on. We're also thinking of completely disabling some pokemon (ultra-legendaries like mew, celebi, possibly legendaries like articuno, entei and so on). I'd let those who have owned these pokemon keep the pokemon in their pokedex.

Just this info alone might already have you at least partially agreeing with me that pokemon should be reset to make it a level playing field. Does the fact that trading is on the horizon cement it?

Discuss :strike2:

Spoiler for also:
Caught a forretress by posting this

« Last Edit: February 22, 2014, 09:01:07 PM by Roph »
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 96
2011 Most Missed Member2010 Zero To Hero
I support a reset, but I have no pokemon so to some degree of course I do because I'm relatively unaffected. But I think it would make things more fair.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
I second the support. Yeah, all I have to lose is like 2 Hypnos or something like that, but even still, I like the idea of the different changes. Makes it a little more like the games..
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
So I need to furiously search the forums for legendaries???

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
I don't mind a wipe.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.a^2 + b^2 = c^2How can I help you? :DSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
but....but.....Articuno ;o;

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
That's what I caught in that post too lol

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
I can't live without my Xatu ;__;
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Avast Ye Merry Pirate!2013 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award2012 Avast Ye Merry Pirate AwardFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Avast Ye Merry Pirate2011 Most Unsung Member2010 Avast Ye Merry Pirate Award

Actually not the intended idea. Another item on my to-do list is to implement some kind of cooldown to try and discourage someone from just spamming refresh on the forum to try and mass-capture. Say something like:

Time since last capture    Difficulty increase
5m                         5x
10m                        4x
30m                        3x
60m                        2x
>1hm                       Normal
bringing sexy back

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Oh.

I mean that'd be cool to stop...

Others...

From spamming and stuff.

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Seriously this thing is really fun. Thanks for working on it!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Can we at least keep 1 each? ;_; I love my ninetales...

But if not, it's okay. ;o;
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
I plan to offer everyone who used the system before the wipe a free pokemon of their choosing :)
bringing sexy back

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween

Actually not the intended idea. Another item on my to-do list is to implement some kind of cooldown to try and discourage someone from just spamming refresh on the forum to try and mass-capture. Say something like:

Time since last capture    Difficulty increase
5m                         5x
10m                        4x
30m                        3x
60m                        2x
>1hm                       Normal

Damn your eyes.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I plan to offer everyone who used the system before the wipe a free pokemon of their choosing :)

:gracie:

*All the awesome in the world goes to Roph*
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
A reset is definitely coming, though it'll be at least a few days away. I'm changing a lot of the database structure and will start tracking new information, a side effect of which is that current pokemon data would be invalid. I'll warn beforehand if you want to screenshot your current collection or something :)
bringing sexy back

pokeball TDSOffline
Rep:
Level 84
-T D S-
Silver - GIAW 11 (Hard)Silver - Game In A Week VII
I'm going to miss the small army I was able to amass in this short time. I am also going to see how far I can go before the reset kicks in or at least try until I nab a mewtwo.

Great idea by the way! Not the reset, the Pokemon system.

Last Stop
Rep:
Level 88
Everyone Off
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 92011 Biggest Drama WhoreBronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
i would say just have legendaries be super rare and hard to catch like they are in the actual games.  maybe even make them specific to a "region" and then not tell anyone.

Rep:
Level 102
i would say just have legendaries be super rare and hard to catch like they are in the actual games.  maybe even make them specific to a "region" and then not tell anyone.

At the moment they are, only Mew and Celebi are uncatchable. Others like Articuno, Entei etc are at 10. Mewtwo is 5, in 10,000 encounters he showed up twice.

It may sound low, but think/look how many pokemon we've all caught in just a few days. This minigame should be going on for months or potentially years, so we should slow it down a bit :)
bringing sexy back

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Most Mature Member2013 Best Counsel2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member
GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL!

I'm sorry, I've been trying so hard to resist ;_;

Rep:
Level 102

And yes, shiny support is on the way :)

bringing sexy back

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant

Neat. I am in favor of the wipe, BTW, it'll give other members the opportunity to catch up.
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
So the wipe is coming very soon now, one last thing:

I was planning to just wipe the pokemon that everyone owns, leaving the pokedex and seen pokemon untouched. Should we wipe the pokedex and seen pokemon too?

You can only pick a favourite pokemon from your pokedex, though currently chosen favourite pokemon would remain  :)
bringing sexy back

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
Might as well do a full wipe, some people have seen a bunch of pokemon that would be much harder to even encounter, let alone catch.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep