RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
[Music] From The Lake - AVAILABLE NOW

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
;9

So uh, yeah! It's been a while. Things are still going, albeit slowly. There's not much to update on, and there probably won't be for a while. But all of the synth/digital instruments are done, unless you count electric guitar. Everyone pester Malson to get him going on that :V We'll be recording more in early January and then probably not much of anything until later next year, unfortunately. It's gotten down to the point where the only instruments I have left to record are those where I'll need to hire a musician and probably pay for studio time, and financially I'm not in a place to do that right now. So it's going to be a bit longer before this project gets finished, but it will happen!

EDIT: Oh yeah, donators will get a piano version of "Graveyard" soon, performed by Kyle Landry!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 10:35:31 PM by haloOfTheSun »
:tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Musician2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]2011 Best MusicianMost entertaining member on the IRC2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
Small update + venting:

Dang, this whole project has been way more than I thought it would be. It's like a stream of one unfortunate event after another, most of it delays. All the delays the past few months have been due to weather (preventing travel between cities) so thankfully that won't be an issue anymore. There also seems to be a problem with some lost audio :mad: but nothing too major. It's still a setback and an annoyance, though. It's not really anyone's fault and I know why it happened. But it still annoys me :mad: So just a bunch of stuff like that since basically, gosh, July? Unforeseen money issues slowed things down too, but that's not as much of a problem anymore.

In fact, in order to speed up this process I'm going to get recording equipment myself. It's the same equipment we've been using, so the quality will remain the same. But now I'm able to use it anytime instead of only Saturdays from 3 to 6pm. This also means I can actually travel to musicians and record in their home instead of trying to work travel into their schedule - and I won't have to rent a studio if I do that because, well, I am the studio. So while it costs a lot upfront it will save money and a LOT of time in the long run. No more working around 3 or 4 schedules for a little 2 hour session!

So before that I was thinking I wouldn't be able to make my goal of finishing recording this year, but now that's a very strong possibility *fingers crossed*

I know you guys understand/don't really care, but thanks for your patience.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
I was wondering how things were going with FTL, so it's good to see an update! :D I'm sorry to hear that the past couple months sucked, but it's great to see you bounce back from those setbacks! I'm very much excited to see the finished product, and shall be keeping my fingers crossed for you. B)

B
)
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
What kind of equipment are you getting? :o

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
I intend to live forever - so far so good.
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

Rep:
Level 97
I was wondering how things were going with FTL, so it's good to see an update! :D I'm sorry to hear that the past couple months sucked, but it's great to see you bounce back from those setbacks! I'm very much excited to see the finished product, and shall be keeping my fingers crossed for you. B)

B
)

Well I take it as a learning experience. There's a lot more that goes into this than I expected, and some of it I should have expected. For future projects I'll know better and hopefully things will go smoothly. I don't really mind too much. What bothers me the most is that From The Lake is officially almost 3 and a half years old. I'm very anxious to let everyone hear it - and honestly quite ready to move on to other things lol. But I don't want to rush it and end up compromising the quality, either.

What kind of equipment are you getting? :o

The microphone is an MXL 880 condenser. It's used more for vocals, but it works pretty well for instruments too. Well enough for a large-scale low budget project like this, anyway. I think there's a USB version, but I'm not very satisfied with the quality of USB microphones that we tried out, and everyone that knows about recording that I've talked to recommends against them if possible, as well. So that means I'm also getting a Presonus firestudio project interface for the mic.

One day when we have our own house we want to set up a recording studio anyway, so this is a good start.

^_^

:ktktl:

Rep:
Level 97

Arrived today. I need a new mic cable so I'll have to borrow one in the meantime. But I think by the time June rolls around, I'll be ready to do lots of recording.

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
Woooott!!!

Looks good. I'm always glad to see a new post in this thread TBH hahah
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

Rep:
Level 97
Well hopefully before long the posts will be more interesting lol

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Queen of RMRK2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
QUICK - post nudes
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
99% of the internet loves nudes
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Okay!

By the end of July some serious progress will have been made. Many dates for recording are scheduled. After that I'll only have:

Acoustic guitar
Electric guitar
Alto flute
Trumpet
French horn
Viola
Cello

left to record. That seems like a lot but it really isn't, all things considered. You shouldn't expect to be listening to the finished project anytime soon. So what's the big deal then? Well this means there is finally a light at the end of this tunnel.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
why don't you just have the eagles take you over the tunnel?
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Favorite Staff Member2012 Most Mature MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Most Mature Member2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2010 Best Use Of Avatar And Signature Space2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)
Okay!

By the end of July some serious progress will have been made. Many dates for recording are scheduled. After that I'll only have:

Acoustic guitar
Electric guitar
Alto flute
Trumpet
French horn
Viola
Cello

left to record. That seems like a lot but it really isn't, all things considered. You shouldn't expect to be listening to the finished project anytime soon. So what's the big deal then? Well this means there is finally a light at the end of this tunnel.

That is great news!

Rep:
Level 97
why don't you just have the eagles take you over the tunnel?

Because the eagles will get shot.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
oh ok sorry
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
2014 Most Missed Member2013 Queen of RMRK2013 Most Mature Member2013 Kindest Member2013 Best CounselBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing Reviewer2012 Best Counsel2012 Kindest Memberluv u bb <3Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantFor taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2010 Kindest Member

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Omg I'm so glad I didn't miss the release!

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)Participant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Best IRC Chatterbox2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Funniest MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato2010 Most Successful Troll
I played french horn in middle school before I quit because I wasn't good at it so if you need a french horn player you know who to call (not me) :)

Rep:
Level 97
ok thanks I'll be sure to do that

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Okay!

Acoustic guitar
Electric guitar
Alto flute
Trumpet
French horn
Viola
Cello

How did I miss this? That's awesome!! ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 97
Omg I'm so glad I didn't miss the release!

Don't worry. Once it's done I'll make a big to-do and make sure all you RMRK peoples know in some way or another.

Okay!

Acoustic guitar
Electric guitar
Alto flute
Trumpet
French horn
Viola
Cello

How did I miss this? That's awesome!! ;_;

It is awesome, yes. If everything goes well this month then a huge chucnk will get done. Some of it I've been super worried about. The fact that we're about to move forward on it is exciting, a huge relief, and terrifying all at the same time.

RMRK's Mom
Rep:
Level 88
How big is a huge chucnk? Is that like pretty close to all or  ;D

;8

Rep:
Level 97
Yes and no.

I've already done some recording and we didn't get as much done as I'd hoped. It's no one's fault, it's just sometimes no matter how much you practice something when it comes time to actually perform it you may make a mistake. (we were also working with a "damaged" instrument, so getting it to produce certain pitches has been difficult). So in addition to the instruments listed above, I'll probably have to add tuba to the list and very likely just a little more violin. They won't take much time to do, it's just a matter of finding the time to do them.

And finding the time to do the rest of them. That's the big thing. That and money. French horn, trumpet, viola, and most likely cello are going to cost me. I should be able to afford it all around September.

Of all the instruments that are left:

Acoustic guitar: should not actually take too long once we get started. Planning on that maybe this month but possibly not until August.
Electric guitar: That's up to Malson. He's a pretty busy guy these days, so I don't know. Once he gets going I don't think it should take more than a month.
Alto flute: we can get this all recorded in a day. I just have to make a trip to Louisville first and also find a place to sit down for a few hours and record it.
Trumpet: will probably only take 2 sessions. Depends on who I hire
French horn: will probably take 3 sessions. Depends on who I hire
Viola: will probably take 3 sessions. Depends on who I hire. This is also going to be a tricky one, because finding someone who actually plays viola is not easy.
Cello: will probably take 3 sessions. I have someone in mind for this and she's really good. But again, she's a very busy person, so it largely depends on her schedule.

tl;dr

Once I have the money (in September most likely) I will hire everyone else I need to. If I can find people to do it and they all can work immediately, I could finish recording probably by October or November and then move on to the hair-pulling process of mixing. If people are not like me and they actually have lives outside of this project, I suspect it wouldn't be until about February or so until recording is done.

Being able to actually estimate when recording will be done is huge though. A few months ago I had no idea. It could have lasted until December of 2016 for all I knew.

Rep:
Level 97
If you're asking when you'll be able to listen to the finished product, I can't say. My hope is spring 2016 but I'm not going to say anything official yet. Still too early.

I may be able to start putting together some early demos for donators though in the next couple of months.