RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
RTP-Only Challenge!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
You know, I think its all gonna be okay.
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Please excuse the double post...

Just got the planning stages done. I drew a title screen. I pored through the RMVX event systems database and picked my favorites. I even have an entire character programmed in.

After I submit my entry imma make the game with YERD or YEZ and a few of MA's scripts to really show the vision I have for this game.

I hope this won't take me long, I'm really excited!
:tinysmile:

Rep: +0/-0Level 40
Emperor of Swag
I'm up for the challenge, put me in~

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Right on! More challengers and more progress is bueno. B)

I'm rather sluggish with progress, contemplating what I have the energy to achieve. My latest idea is a bit ambitious: which I knew from the start. I guess I lost sight of the fun aspect of this: going back to the basics.

Anyways! I'd love to hear more about how progress is going with you guys! And if you do happen to complete it soon: feel free to share with the class here...or make a thread and share that link, or whatever. :V
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
For going the distance for a balanced breakfast.Project of the Month winner for June 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2013 Best WriterSilver Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 Participant
Here is what i have so far for a title screen- you DID say i can make a title screen, right?

I'm no Grafikal, but here it is.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2014 Kindest Member2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
Here is what i have so far for a title screen- you DID say i can make a title screen, right?

Yep. :) Making a title screen is the only exception to importing stuff.

Really cool looking, too! B)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)

Rep:
Level 40
Absolutely useless
I'm joining!
( °д°) Even in your topic, F.O.E.!

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Awrite B)

Hey Malson we should hook up ;_;
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best Writer2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Funniest Member
work has been slow but it's been going ;o
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

Yep. :) Making a title screen is the only exception to importing stuff.

Really cool looking, too! B)

Really? Oh cool! Thank you!

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Haven't worked on anything in a while, and with all that's going on, I don't know when I'll actually feel like working on it again. Sorry guys.  ;9

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Haven't worked on anything in a while, and with all that's going on, I don't know when I'll actually feel like working on it again. Sorry guys.  ;9

That's ok, I'm sorta in the same boat. D: I'm *attempting* to find the energy. But there's no time limit, after all. ;o
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
Working on character selection events and the System Options....

Rep:
Level 40
Absolutely useless
Before I get too deep into the skill tree system, are we allowed to splice up the iconset into separate spriteset files and use them as event graphics?

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
You are not allowed, follow these guidelines if you're unsure :P
You're allowed to change anything you want, as long as you don't do these two things-

1. Open the resource manager
2. Open the script editor

Rep:
Level 40
Absolutely useless
You are not allowed, follow these guidelines if you're unsure :P
You're allowed to change anything you want, as long as you don't do these two things-

1. Open the resource manager
2. Open the script editor

Aw, RIP nice-looking skill tree system  :(

Rep:
Level 85
Well I'm sure you can think of something equally crafty :P Think outside the box!

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86
I'm almost ready to show off.

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Right on! :D Can't wait to see! B)

(Maybe I'll get back to mine sometime ;_;)
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
I'm super jealous. Haven't touched rm in way too long.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Biggest Drama Whore2013 Zero to HeroParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I forgot about this.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 72
~Few people understand the beauty of the night~
2014 Best Topic
   Well, I'm on hiatus from doing anything too serious with my "real" project, so count me in. Might give me some ideas for other games too, so why the hell not hehe
Download http://a.tumblr.com/tumblr_lm5v281q6E1qde50fo1.mp3

RMRK's dad
Rep:
Level 86

A short but satisfying venture into the Lands of Lore, Enarovia

The non-epic sized game is playable in just a few hours, or you can delve deeper into the land for several more minutes of immersive storytelling.

Features
Spoiler for:
A customisable party selection option. Choose the profession and gender of all your party members.

NPCs cycle through several responses, each telling a bit of the story. Less canned dialogue! Additionally, certain events occur that get specific characters to tell special stories.

The ability to rename your characters, up to six letters.

Dark places will require the use of torches or candles, and the overland map has weather and all maps will feel the passing of time. Don't worry, there's a clock for you to use.

Professions that not only get you unique Arms and Armour, but profession tools that let you see your progress in that profession.

Other than that, it's pretty basic, buddy.
And a special surprise...
Spoiler for:
This is the zero point for a series of stories told with much better graphics, gameplay elements and a storyline that may have you awaiting the next installment with bated breath! Additionally, there will be no need to start over every time a new installment hits the forum- plans are in effect to implement a patching tool!

Credits
Spoiler for:
grafikal, Strak and Virusasa for allowing the use and modification of their event systems. Thanks to Acolyte for the RTP only idea. Thanks to my parents for telling me I'd never amount to anything so I could prove them wrong for the last 30 years.

The demo will be ready in 7 days.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2014, 01:53:54 PM by EvilM00s »

Rep:
Level 85

RMRK's dad-in-training
Rep:
Level 72
Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
Very nice. Looking forward to it!