RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Violent Whispers [Beta Version 0.4] [VXA]

Rep:
Level 55
Infected with the sickness.

The new updated Demo Version 0.4 is now available for download!
    To Dowload the game click here.
    For more Information about changes etc, click here.

Violent Whispers is my very first project, and from here on I will leave it to my presentation. I hope you will like it!

Rpg Maker used:
    Rpg Maker VX Ace.

<By Chapter:>

Chapter.1
    - Story -
    Chapter.2
    - Main Characters -
    Chapter.3
    - Screenshots -
    - Scripts -
    Chapter.4
    - Special Thanks! -
    - Demo and Features -

You will take on the role as a young Asperian Knight named Vincent Feracordis, and his journey to discover a secret that will change his life forever. At the age of ten, Vincent discovered a 'gift' (or a curse) involving the ability to hear distant whispers, and hallucinate events that are not a part of his own life. Growing up has made him accustomed to this defect in his vital system, and he has learned to live a normal life despite the echoing voices infecting his mind. But something is rising on the horizon, and chaotic and fearsome events are about to take shape, when King Zephyr of Asper suddenly decides to search for a long-forgotten artifact from an ancient era.
    Questioning King Zephyr's intentions, and with a deep worry of the king's recent obsession with the artifact, Vincent is being tasked to look for the second piece of the artifact in a sealed forest far across the ocean. All his life Vincent has questioned the very reason why he's the only one with the unusual vital defect, but he has never found an answer....
    Until now..

Violent Whispers is a game about finding your true self, overcoming difficulties when your whole world is crumbling, and rise from the ashes even when the world is against you. The value of friendship, love and trust, and the ultimate courage of turning your back against everything you ever known for a greater good.

Spoiler for Vincent:
    Vincent Feracordis

Focus in combat: Damage dealer. (stimulates Destruction and Vital Auras)
    Weapon types used: Swords.

Short Bio:
    Vincent is the protagonist of the game, and is given a lot of focus during the storyline. Growing up, Vincent discovered that he's suffering from a defect in his vital system, that grants him the ability to hear distant whispers, and hallucinate events that is not part of his own life. Vincent is not sure if he shall see this defect as a curse or a gift, but his inner desire is to find the secret to his condition. Vincent appears as a very quiet individual, and illustrates a pretty low self-esteem. But on the inside, he has a gentle and strong heart.

Spoiler for Wiola:
    Wiola Dolea

Focus in combat: Caster. (stimulates Destruction and Healing Auras)
    Weapon types used: Staffs and Wands.

Short Bio:
    Wiola is a young Academic mage, and her current occupation is to protect The Forest of Pluvia from Intruders. Her hometown, Town of Duke is located in the southern part of Aspicio, and here she was brought up by her Father and Mother, along with her younger sister. At a very young age she transfered to the Royal Academy and started her study to become a mage. 2 years after her sister was born, she left the academy to help her lonely mother raise the little girl. But at her sisters 10th birthday she was forced to transfer back to the academy to finish her studies.&nbsp; On her graduation, she had made a big name for herself, and her cunning in Destruction and Healing auras is well known across the land. As a person she is very energetic, helpful, caring, and has a strong heart for the nature.. almost to the brink of being a bit too extreme about it..

Spoiler for Clem:
    Clem Dolea

Focus in combat: Spellblade (stimulates Mind and Enlightenment Auras)
    Weapon types used: Spellblades.

Short Bio:
    Clem is Wiolas younger sister, and that is basicly everything that the two sisters has in common.. Apart from her older sister, she has no experience in academic study, and already at a young age she was forced to learn everything about magic and combat, all by herself. The father left the family when Clem was only 8 years old because of the sisters mother who fell sick. With her sister at the academy, she had to take care of her mother, and moved out from Duke. As a person, she can seem a bit shy at first, and the main reason for that is her rough childhood, which&nbsp; has made her very defensive. Deep down inside she is a happy young lady, that tries to hide the real pain that is burrowed in her heart. She has an extreme interest in technology and mechanics, and over the years she has become very talented in repairing broken mechs. She now lives alone with her dying mother, at the outskirts of Duke.

Spoiler for Judith:
    Judith Suffert

Focus in combat: Damage Dealer. (stimulates Vital Auras)
    Weapon types used: Spears and Javelins.

Short Bio:
    Judith is an experienced Amazon warrior, and a member of the Shining Spears.
    She is said to be the strongest member of the clan, and she is mostly famous because of her disregard of the use of magical resources. Within the Shining spears, she puts her faith in an ancient warrior that had the vision that the use of magical resources was an escape from reality and a disruption of the human focus. Along these lines, she has trained to be one of the best spear-wielding warriors across the land, even without the help of any magical resources. When she joins the party, she early on develops a high interest for Vincent.

Spoiler for Shane:
    Shane Celeritas

Focus in combat: Damage Dealer. (stimulates Vital and Naturalistic Auras.)
    Weapon types used: Bows.

Short Bio:
    Shane is an experienced archer from the northern part of Aspicio. His family name Celeritas comes from the same area that he was brought up in, high across the mountains. The basic structure of his childhood has made him an expert in archery,&nbsp; and his intense skill in rapid-shooting is legendary even outside of his own family-name. Because of his lifestyle, He was forced to grow up without any technology or any advanced magic, he had to hunt his own food for survival and use his bow for everyday life. During the yearly hunting events, he was always the one to shine the most, which is something that had an large impact on his gigantic ego.

Some early footage of the game, part of Beta Version 0.4

Spoiler for Screenshots:

The Forest of Pluvia:

Uncharted Grounds:

Outskirts of Pluvia:

House:

Town of Duke

Federina Mountain Pass:

Federina Village:

World Map:

Spoiler for Combat Screenshots::

*Will be Updated*

Spoiler for Scripts by::
    Yanfly
    Victor Sant
    Modern Algebra
    Moghunter

Spoiler for Thank you!:

My biggest thanks to these lovely People, nothing would be possible without them!

*Note that this list will be updated aswell, if not I will make sure to add everyone in the Demo :)*

No-Brainer:
    - Enterbrain

For the wonderful tilesets:
    - Celianna
    - Lunarea
    - LightofthedimVXA
    - Mack

Skill Icons
    - Raith

For all the lovely charsets/facesets etc..
    - CLOSET
    - Famitsu.com

The Amazing work from all these scripters!

- Holder.
    - Victor Sant.
    - Modern Algebra.
    - Yanfly.

Others I want to thank!

- Yuyubabe
    - Amycha19
    - IAMFORTE
    - Ryosis
    - Modern Algebra (again)
    - Bluntsword

Thank you!

Beta Version 0.4 is now available for Download!
    For more Information click here.

Info on Version 0.4
    Estimated playtime: 1-2 hours+
    Max character Level: 8
    Filesize: 81 Mb (No RTP needed)

DOWNLOAD

Spoiler for Features:

Planned Features:

- A Dynamic world, your choices will have a big impact of your surroundings, and decisions you make can alter events during your gameplay. People will have different opinions about you and your party, depending on your actions. (Example, a town might burn down if a criteria is met. People will not welcome you, and try to chase you away.. etc)

- 2 secret endings, aquired by special criteria.

- Lots of Quests and Side-quests that will have a big impact on the world. This accompanied by a questlog to always keep track on what to do.

- choises that will give you different quest-lines, cutscenes, dialouges and possibly skills.

- Achivements! Will keep you occupied, and another playthrough is required to catch them all.

- Simple battle system, with skills as you level up (but as the game progresses you will buy skills by certain criteria)

- The skill animations will be scripted and customized by myself, some including movie clips.

- Out-of-Combat skills that is needed to get secret items, and progress in puzzles.

- Interesting and different characters, alot of tension will storm up between them.. and love, sorrow, hatred, along with different opinions will blossom through the storyline.

- Interesting twist, that wont struck you once.. but possibly twice!

- Different Tier items, and the Legendary once will be hard to aquire.

- Ingame Npcs based on my favourite youtuber (for the luls, and because I really love his work), and also Npcs based on some of my real friends.

- Special skill shops depending on the users aura (Achademic scholars can teach new skills because of their Knowledge auras if you bring them the needed skills and items).

- Special upgrade system that's depending on the users aura. The blacksmith in each town will aquire new recipes as you find new weapons, and they will need a magical resource called Krytos + a weapon that has the ability to be enchanted. Depending on which character that's using the weapon, you will need different kind of Krytos to stimulate the proper aura. The outcome will present the player with a upgraded Krytonian weapon. Different tiers of Krytos is needed to upgrade specific tier items, Kryton fragment will upgrade Tier 1 weapons, Kryton Ores will upgrade Tier 2 weapons.. etc.

Spoiler for Stuff I could really use some help with:
    Music
    Balancing
    Skills & Database

If you want to support the project, you can use this banner.

[/list][/list]
    Code: [Select]
    [url=http://rmrk.net/index.php/topic,47396.0.html][img]http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/2184/bannervu.png[/img]

Thats all! Hope you enjoyed! All feedback and criticism are welcome! :)
    « Last Edit: September 14, 2013, 11:06:38 PM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
    Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
    Level 55
    Older Updates:
    Spoiler for Updates:
    2013 - 01 - 08
    Spoiler for Date:
    All enemies for the demo added, Changed Titlescreen, Thread Updated
    2013- 01 -12.
    Spoiler for Date:
    Had a friend playtest the game for bugs, and hopefully most of these should be fixed. Thinking about if I should put in the first town to be playable in the demo, or just skip it for now.. it requires a bit more eventing if I decide to release the demo with the first town included. The playtime should be fairly long enough for a first demo even without the first town, so I will think about it for awhile. Apart from that, some more eventing and the demo should be ready for release. Also added updated Screenshots in the Main Thread, and might have a playtester for any grammatical errors, and minor bugs.

2013- 01 -18.
    Spoiler for Date:
    Been working on 2 of the bigger events in the demo, along with the database. All items for the demo is now added, and the quest journal is 100% complete aswell. Been fixing bugs after playtests along with some grammatical errors in the dialouge, and added a Menu-cursor, and some other minor features. All maps are done for the first town, but I have tons of eventing to do in there at the moment, so Im thinking about skiping the town for now. As for the demo, Its around 90% complete without adding the first town, and around 70% if I decide to add it. Slowly getting there  :)

2013- 01 -22.
    Spoiler for Date:
    Done with most major events for the demo, and I have one left to finish up before everything is done. Also need to add all the enemy encounters on the maps (the game has no random encounters feature). I have decided that I will include the event for my first town, but I think I will skip the town for now since there is alot of events that I need to finish up, and it will postpone the demo a bit. Also need to work out the chase event script properly (It works for now, but not as I intend it to do.)

I changed the titlecommands to fit better with the titlescreen aswell, and added a logo to be presented before the actual titlescreen. I'm also trying to figure out how I will distribute the game without the RTP-folder included. Since the demo is soon to be complete, I have also added a date for release, and I plan to release the demo on sunday (The 27th of January).

Spoiler for New titlescreen commands:
    2013- 01 -27.
    Spoiler for Date:
    Demo version 0.10 is now available for download under Chapter 4 - Demo and Features! There might be some slight bugs left in there, but almost all of them should be gone by now. There might also occur some misspelling, so if you happen to come across anything, I would appreciate if you could tell me :)
    The playtime for the demo should be around 45min - 1 hour, depending on how much you explore, and if you decide not to skip anything. All feedback on the demo is welcome!

2013- 02 -02.
    Spoiler for Date:
    Working on bugfixes for Demo-version 0.10, and will upload a fixed version later on! I'm also looking into some suggestions that have been stated for the demo, more of these are welcome if you think something is confusing or plain stupid inside the demo.

I Have also started working on the content beyond the demo, and Chapter 1. I'm not sure how much content the first chapter will include yet, but Chapter 1 is being developed as it is now. The game will later on be released in chapters, so I will put up each chapter here after they are done, starting with Chapter 1 - The Journey Begins. I have also added a new Save/Load screen for the fixed demo (version 0.2), and added a Bugreport section here in the Update-section with the bugs currently found and fixed in the current demo. If you have a bug to report you can always check in there if the bug is added and fixed. Would prevent people from reporting the same bug over and over (It's not that of a big deal anyway cause I am really greatful for all the bugreports of course!). Stay tuned for new updates about Chapter 1!

Spoiler for New Save/Load-screen:

Spoiler for Birthday girl with her own special birthday quest!:

Also, made a quest for a friend of mine that is having her birthday today. I created the character to resemble her, and added a pretty funny birthday quest on her special day :) She was very happy about it, so I feel good about myself today  ;D
    2013- 02 -04.
    Spoiler for Date:
    Fixed the last bugreports for the new demo (V 0.2). Also added new features that will be available
    in the Full game (A combo system, Encyclopedia of Aspicio, and achievements.)
    Combo system: An in-battle combo system where you can link attacks together for a sweet total damage done display. Will have an achievement according to damage done and hits combined.
    Encyclopedia of Aspicio: A book you will find, that you can activate from the Key-Items menu. This book will keep track on enemies slain, Items/Weapons/armors found, States gained etc.
    Book of Achievements: Another book that can be activated from the Key-Items menu. This book will keep track of various challanges in your journey, and distribute points when you complete them (Some challanges will also reward you with items).

I have also added Achievements for Demo V 0.2, Question is: will you be able to fully complete the Demo's Encyclopedia and achievements?  ;)

Made a slight change in the Quest Journal and divided Main, and Side quest in different tabs. Also added a function that will remove the completed main/side quests from the tab and only put it under 'Completed quests'.

Demo Version 0.2 is now available for download! (Changes from previous version can be found under Chapter 4 - Demo and Features).

2013- 02 -10.
    Spoiler for Date:
    Been working some on the content beyond demo V.02, and I'm now finished with everything in Town of Duke.
    I have also progressed on the main events, and added new enemies for the new maps.

A friend of mine uploaded a gameplay for demo V 0.10, so if you feel like watching the game in motion, you could always check it out! (Includes spoilers).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX5IS-QFZGg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX5IS-QFZGg</a>

2013- 03 -17.
    Spoiler for Date:
    Been working alot on the content for Chapter 1, and I would say I'm about 70% done (Give or take). The playtime for the game should be around 2-3 hours+ now, depending on exploration and sidequesting etc. I have also finished one of my major puzzles that I will have in my game, It took me almost 4 hours to complete it but I'm very happy how it turned out (Even though it was complicated to work it out from time to time). I'm also thinking about posting a recruitment thread, since I'm in desperate need of help with the database, and skills etc. So you might see a recruitment thread from me in some days.

For now I give you a sneak peak of the puzzle that I just finished(took me 4 hours  :mad:)
    Spoiler for puzzle:

Most recent Update:
    2013-09-25
    Update can be found here:

Bug Reports for Demo:
    (The name inside the () - bracket, is the founder of the bug. Thanks for reporting!)
    Spoiler for Current bugreports and fixes for Demo V 0.10:
    Forest of Pluvia:

Passage Error, on the cliff near the dogs grave. (Joel Sturesson) - Fixed.
    Sign south of the Blue Teleporter is not readable. (David Williams) - Fixed.
    Bush settings for red bushes inconsistant. (Milennin) - Fixed.
    Wrong passage setting for white flowers. (Milennin) - Fixed.
    Oracle sign "May her guide you on.." Should be May she. (Milennin)
    Able to walk between the treeline at the southeast part of the map. (Milennin) - Fixed.

UC Grounds:
    After getting out from Zetyas grave, you spawn to the far left of the grave. (David Williams) -Fixed
    Wrong passage setting for white pile of rocks. (Milennin) - Fixed.
    The outer walls for the old prision, is only 1 frame tall. (Myself) - Fixed.
    Zetyas grave - The vine in that room is climbable for no reason.(Milennin)-Fixed. 
    Old Jail - One stack of gold that you can't pick up.(Milennin)-Fixed.   
    Some misspelled words when talking to Zetya.(Milennin)-Fixed.   
    Enemies are able to engage you while standing on higher ground.(Milennin)-Fixed.   
    (Added a aggro switch when you enter the higher grounds, enemies will try to catch you, but wont engage you
    in battle while standing on higher grounds.)

Outskirts:
    None yet.

Wiolas House:
    Retrieving cloth and stuff after waking up in the burning house has a long pause (like 3 seconds of nothing).(Milennin)- Fixed
    Able to leave the area, when your objective is to save Wiola from the burning house.(Milennin)- Fixed
    Able to enter the burning house after Wiola is saved.(Milennin)- Fixed

World Map:
    When Wiola attacks with the Unholy Agenda staff, the game crash. (David Williams) - Fixed

Town of Duke:
    None yet.

Intro/Credits:
    Intro: Typo, Forgotten Forest written as Forsaken Forest (Myself) -Fixed
    Intro: Typo, Hotkey section: Press space to "Continute". (Milennin)-Fixed.   

Other:
    Item: Feather of Wonders is missing an animation, causes crash (Cammi) -Fixed

Suggestions for Demo:
    Forgotten Forest - Make the map darker. (from Milennin)
    Secret Cave - Add jump points on some of the walls. (from Milennin) - Added
    Secret Cave - Might add a savepoint on the first floor.(from Milennin) - Added(Added the option to save at the entrance of the cave, the first time you enter).
    Secret Cave - The gaps can be really frustrating in It's current state.(from Milennin) - Changed
    Outskirts - Finding Hi-Potions that heal for 2.500HP seems like bit of an overkill, considering you only have 750HP at this point or so.(from Milennin)- Fixed
    It would be nice to be able to examine Zetya's grave for additional background about the character.(from Milennin)-Fixed. (Added a 'Inspect the grave' option, where you will find out who is buried down there, and why.)
    Spoiler for Current bugreports and fixes for Demo V 0.4:
    Forest of Pluvia:
    None yet.

UC Grounds:
    None yet.

Outskirts:
    None yet.

Wiolas House:
    None yet.

World Map:
    None yet.

Town of Duke:
    None yet.

Intro/Credits:
    None yet.

Other:
    None yet.

Suggestions for Demo:
    None yet.

Currently working on: Events for Chapter 1

Intro -Done
    World Map for Demo. - Done!
    Last Exterior + Interior maps for the Demo - Done!

To Do List:

Add Information about In-game features - Done!
    Title Screen - Done!
    Database for the demo - Done!
    Release First Demo - Released!
    Release Fixed Demo Version - Pending.
    Release completed chapter 1 - working on
    « Last Edit: October 15, 2013, 06:13:48 AM by Dark_Metamorphosis »
    Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
    Can't wait to see a demo! :tpg: It's lookin' really good so far~

That rainy-like map is a tad bit bright (lightning strike moment?), but otherwise you have some damn good maps for just starting out. :drsword:

The character edits look good, too~!

^_^
    Spoiler for My Games and Art:
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 55
    Can't wait to see a demo! :tpg: It's lookin' really good so far~

That rainy-like map is a tad bit bright (lightning strike moment?), but otherwise you have some damn good maps for just starting out. :drsword:

The character edits look good, too~!

^_^

I hope I will be able to get the demo uploaded in a week or 2, I have fallen a bit ill so I cant play around with my project as much as I want too.. most maps are done for the demo, I just need to polish them a bit before a final release :)

As for the rainy-like map, ye Its because of the lightning.. happened to snap it right when the lightning struck..
    But I will update in the coming days, and hopefully add some more screenshots later on.

Thanks for the feedback!

Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
    GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
    Looking good!

I must note however: Your main character has amnesia, is named Vincent, and your avatar is Cloud Strife.

That is all ;)

No seriously, can't wait for your demo. Everything looking good except this sentence in your story:

...as to avoid any conflicts regarding to war.

Did you mean "to war"? That doesn't make sense!

Rep:
    Level 55
    Looking good!

I must note however: Your main character has amnesia, is named Vincent, and your avatar is Cloud Strife.

That is all ;)

No seriously, can't wait for your demo. Everything looking good except this sentence in your story:

...as to avoid any conflicts regarding to war.

Did you mean "to war"? That doesn't make sense!

Crap, I feel a bit ashamed that it was so easy to figure out I named my main char after Vincent Valentine :(
    Oh well, yes you are right Im a big fan of Final fantasy 7 ;) Its still probably my most favourite game of all times.

I did my best to put up a good thread, but I will work on making it a little bit more appealing, and hopefully I will have a release of the demo in a week or 2. Im trying to read everything in my texts over and over again, since English is my 2nd language there are bound to be some spelling errors and things like that.

About the specific sentence that you mentioned.. uhhm Im not sure what Its suppose to mean..
    "as to avoid any conflicts regarding to war" , if I translate it to Swedish, it would be.. Att undvika eventuella konflikter om/att krig/a.. so ye I can see what you mean, doesnt make alot of sense xD

I changed the sentence to: "as to avoid any conflicts, that could lead to war", and hope it makes a little more sense :)

Thanks alot for the feedback!

Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

RMRK's dad-in-training
    Rep:
    Level 72
    Busy Husband, Dad, and Youth Minister
    GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Easy Mode)2014 Best WriterBronze - GIAW 11 (Normal)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.2012 Best NewbieContestant - GIAW 9
    If you need a playtrster for bugs and grammar I can do that. Just PM me. I'm not the best at English (which is sad because its my ONLY language) buyninregularly proof a korean friend of mine's papers.

You're doing a great job so far, don't get discouraged!

Rep:
    Level 55
    If you need a playtrster for bugs and grammar I can do that. Just PM me. I'm not the best at English (which is sad because its my ONLY language) buyninregularly proof a korean friend of mine's papers.

You're doing a great job so far, don't get discouraged!

That would be really awesome :) Im soon done with the Intro, and the world map for the demo. Im going to put up a bigger update once most things are done. Im trying my best not to get discouraged, and I really hope that the demo will turn out okay :D
    « Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 02:27:58 AM by Dizturb3d »
    Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
    Level 55
    Small update:
    2013-01-05

Working on adding some more screenshots for the thread, and I am also working on eventing inside the game.

I have also finished the Title Screen:

I think it turned out pretty okay, but I have no Idea why that white boarder around the logo is there..

Feedback on the titlescreen would be much appreciated.

Edit: Crap, just noticed I double posted.. Will keep the updates in the update section from now on.. sorry!
    « Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 01:26:17 AM by Dizturb3d »
    Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    2014 Queen of RMRKProject of the Year 20142014 Best RPG Maker User - Story2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity);o
    I wouldn't worry about double-posting on your own threads. :) (I do it all the time >_<). Either way, I think it's better to double-post after a little bit to nab some attention, because if you just edit your post, no one can see the update. :( So, I actually recommend double-posting in this case, haha. xD

Okay, onto the feedback! I really like the image as a whole, but the logo does seem a little dark and unsetting...I would try making the text bigger (on the logo), and maybe more of a soft color for the text. I think the black part would do well as a lighter color. :) I'm a huge fan of big, fantasy, breath-taking images, so I give you a thumbs up for that! xD

Now, what I would suggest...hmm...maybe making a few of the faces into big, slightly visible images fading in the background. =o (rather than having them all clumped together, but that still looks pretty nice, too xD). That's really just a little recommendation. :)
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 57
    Miiiiaf =^+^=
    GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
    Wait... WUT???????
    What am I being thanked for? Being nice and supportive?!?

Anyway... I like the look of this and I love how you gave us the history of the world without revealing anything about the ingame stuff :) Looking forward to playing this!!! But... I don't want to play any demo's (I have a hunch that I might want to keep playing and be mad because I can't :yuyu:)

As blonde as can be!!!
    Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
    Level 55
    I wouldn't worry about double-posting on your own threads. :) (I do it all the time >_<). Either way, I think it's better to double-post after a little bit to nab some attention, because if you just edit your post, no one can see the update. :( So, I actually recommend double-posting in this case, haha. xD

Okay, onto the feedback! I really like the image as a whole, but the logo does seem a little dark and unsetting...I would try making the text bigger (on the logo), and maybe more of a soft color for the text. I think the black part would do well as a lighter color. :) I'm a huge fan of big, fantasy, breath-taking images, so I give you a thumbs up for that! xD

Now, what I would suggest...hmm...maybe making a few of the faces into big, slightly visible images fading in the background. =o (rather than having them all clumped together, but that still looks pretty nice, too xD). That's really just a little recommendation. :)

Okay, thats cool then :) Will put up "Update added" or something when I have something new to announce from now on, thanks for your enlightenment about that!

Ye I have thought a little bit about that aswell, but I have spent a pretty decent amount of time making the logo.. Since I dont have any good program to create fancy titles, I actually created it inside Sony Vegas Pro, because I have a decent amount of knowledge about that program. I agree that the text might be a bit hard to read, and a bit tiny so I definetely need to do something about that, and Im gonna play around some more in Sony vegas and see if I can make something out of it. Thanks for the thumb ;)

I thought excactly about that when I started making the title-screen actually xD (Sometimes it feels that you can read my mind, haha!) But since the picture of the actors are cut off around their chests, it came out a bit odd to me. Actually I was thinking about having 2 of the characters in a bigger format, one to the left and one to the right of the screen, and with added opacity. But like I said because of the "cut off" I worked it into Its current state. You seem to have knowledge about this stuff, maybe you could help me out a bit? :)

Wait... WUT???????
    What am I being thanked for? Being nice and supportive?!?

Anyway... I like the look of this and I love how you gave us the history of the world without revealing anything about the ingame stuff :) Looking forward to playing this!!! But... I don't want to play any demo's (I have a hunch that I might want to keep playing and be mad because I can't :yuyu:)

Haha! Yes, that and for being a very nice motivator! You have given me alot of useful guidelines that has helped me out alot! Mainly in the "Keeping the spirit alive?.." thread that I started! When I think about it, most of the things you and other people wrote there gave me motivation to keep working on the project, and for that you should definetely have a big thanks! :)

Thanks alot, Ye I tried to give away a small history of what has happened before the actual game. You will get to know most of this stuff inside the game too, but Its just a small fragment of the legend and the backstory.
    I have been thinking, and I might put the game out in chapters later on.. sadly that might just be the same, if you think you might be mad about wanting to play further (Which I would really be happy about if you wanted too in the first place :)) Other than that I hope you will stay around for the full version, if you decide to wait :) And I hope I will be faster in my progress, when I get more experience.

Thank you both for the feedback! Stay tuned for updates! :)
    « Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 01:53:49 AM by Dizturb3d »
    Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

Rep:
    Level 55
    Small Update:
    2013-01-08.

Made some slight changes in the title screen, think it turned out much better this time around. Im thinking about making some small adjustment on it though..

New Titlescreen:

Also updated the Main-thread and the Update-Thread.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:57:18 PM by Dizturb3d »
    Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I didn't actually think about the whole "cut off" thing...that's a very good point. >_< I mean, there's ways around that (somewhat) but they can be tough to look right. It's probably better to leave it like it is, then. Haha sorry about that. xD

And WOW! I love the new logo!! :D It's very pretty and seems to sit much better with the background!

I don't know anything about Sony Vegas Pro, but that does look pretty damn good!
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 88
    Fight Tha Powah!
    Looking at the planned features list it looks like it's gonna be a big and ambitious project, good luck with that.:lol:
    I'm wondering why you spell the Crisis event in your storyline like Crysis (with y instead of i). Is there any reason for the slight misspelling?

By the way, your maps look pretty good.
    Go beyond the impossible, and kick reason to the curb!!

Rep:
    Level 57
    Miiiiaf =^+^=
    GIAW 14: ParticipantParticipant - GIAW 11
    There's just one minor I found in your title screen.
    I think your windowskin looks a bit off when compared to the rest. I believe it would look nicer when you had a completely transparant background on that windowskin, just in the titlescreen!

As blonde as can be!!!
    Doesn't mean I'm the dumb one...
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler for supporting!:

Rep:
    Level 55
    Looking at the planned features list it looks like it's gonna be a big and ambitious project, good luck with that.:lol:
    I'm wondering why you spell the Crisis event in your storyline like Crysis (with y instead of i). Is there any reason for the slight misspelling?

By the way, your maps look pretty good.

Ye, I got in mind that I will make it as big as I can, but Im always gonna keep my limits in mind so those are just planned features that I want to use in the game. There might be some features that wont be in there, because of my lack of knowledge etc, but I am determined to add as much of it as possible. I will make sure that I wont go too deep into the whole 'big game' idea, since I dont want it to ruin the fun Im having making it, so when I reach that point I will think about a closure of the main story. The maps I have posted on here was in a rather early state, so they were far from finished during the time I made the topic. Im really glad you think they look okay though!  :), but I will put up some new screenshots when they are pretty much finished. Thanks for the good luck charm btw  ;D

Thats a interesting find, I guess I have to blame it on the game 'crysis'. English is my secondary language, so there are bound to be some words that I will slightly misspell. I actually had the thought back in my head, that Crisis is spelled with a i, but then I thought about the game crysis, where Its spelled with a y, so I guess thats why I happend to spell it like that. I will make sure to look up the words Im a bit unsure of in the future, thanks for pointing that out!

There's just one minor I found in your title screen.
    I think your windowskin looks a bit off when compared to the rest. I believe it would look nicer when you had a completely transparant background on that windowskin, just in the titlescreen!

I totally agree on that one.. I would really want to make it customized and maybe have the 'start quest' 'Continue', and 'Exit game' in different positions aswell.. The thing is, Im not sure how I will do that without a script, and I have been searching for one that I can use but havnt find any yet. I also want to customize the game menu a bit, with Icons and such.. but Im pretty sure I need a script for that aswell. Im a bit afraid I might add too many scripts and mess something up, I have some pretty advanced scripts in there already like the battle animation script, and the Holders battlers etc. But I definetely agree about the title screen.
    « Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 11:58:05 PM by Dizturb3d »
    Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I haven't tested this out, but it might be helpful! I mean, as far as getting rid of the windowskin and potentially replacing them with images. It's the best script of it's kind that I could find (or, at least by looks). Take note that it's in spanish, but the demo might be helpful, regardless. xD I hope it works out~

Here: http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/Menu/ACE_Menu09.html

:p Also, I'm still curious as to what you meant by this:

(I actually came up with an idea, almost the very first day I started to create my game, and I will ask for your permission in a PM later on  ;D)
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 82
    I haven't tested this out, but it might be helpful! I mean, as far as getting rid of the windowskin and potentially replacing them with images. It's the best script of it's kind that I could find (or, at least by looks). Take note that it's in spanish, but the demo might be helpful, regardless. xD I hope it works out~

*Portuguese. I have to admit, I always get tetchy and rage a little when I find scripts that are written in foreign languages. Especially the comments. I know I shouldn't, but sometimes I just want to know what the comments say and not have to resort to Google Translate to give me some half-cocked translation of it. I remember trying to convert a script that draw the tiles isometrically, but everything was in French, even the variable names. I know a bit of French but not that much.

/pauses-rant

You can double post in your own projects. You can post as many times consecutively as you want. Just try to make sure they are useful and meaningful posts and not just spam messages meant to bump the thread for no reason.

Good luck with the project. I'll give it a proper read when I get a chance, but it looks good so far for a first project.
    (Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    *Portuguese.

Is it? I think I read somewhere that someone said it was in "Spanish or something", so I got confused. :mad: :yuyu:
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 55

Here: http://www.atelier-rgss.com/RGSS/Menu/ACE_Menu09.html

:p Also, I'm still curious as to what you meant by this:

(I actually came up with an idea, almost the very first day I started to create my game, and I will ask for your permission in a PM later on  ;D)

Wow.. those scripts are just insane.. There are some other scripts I have been looking for that is added in that master demo aswell, like the anti lag scripts and such. Im a bit confused though, since there are no script codes added for download.. or maybe Im just missing something. I tend to be able to work around scripts if I can get some instructions from the script itself, but it seems like I can only watch the scripts in action inside the demo. Though I learned alot about custom pictues when watching the demo, but setting them up to work the way I wanted would be a different story.

Oh, I completely forgot about that! Sorry! I will send you a PM right away ;)

*Portuguese. I have to admit, I always get tetchy and rage a little when I find scripts that are written in foreign languages. Especially the comments. I know I shouldn't, but sometimes I just want to know what the comments say and not have to resort to Google Translate to give me some half-cocked translation of it. I remember trying to convert a script that draw the tiles isometrically, but everything was in French, even the variable names. I know a bit of French but not that much.

/pauses-rant

You can double post in your own projects. You can post as many times consecutively as you want. Just try to make sure they are useful and meaningful posts and not just spam messages meant to bump the thread for no reason.

Good luck with the project. I'll give it a proper read when I get a chance, but it looks good so far for a first project.

Ye, I agree! Its unfortunate to not being able to understand what is written.. and as for myself not being good at working out scripts as it is, Its a bit frustrating when you cant read the comments. Google translation could work though, damn I never think about that neat feature!

Okay, thats nice to know! Yuyu informed me about that, but I understand that it should be some sort of update on the game and not just a random bump or similar :) The recent update was a bit small, and Its not my intention to just add a tiny update according to the title screen, and some changes in the thread.. I will keep my update posts a bit biger now, and not just a update about one little change :)

Thank you for the kind words, and I hope you will like the read!
    « Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:44:44 AM by Dizturb3d »
    Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    I got your PM! ^_^

Anyways, I still haven't tried the script. Hopefully I'll get around to it, and I can offer some advice on it. Still, it's probably more trouble then it's worth. D: It sounds pretty tough to get through, especially being in a different language.

Oh, I didn't even realize it was a list of many scripts...I was confused when I saw the "master scripts" title during the download. >_< Dangit.

Im a bit confused though, since there are no script codes added for download..

I might be drawing a blank, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by no "script codes". =o I'm probably just not thinking straight right now (I was just talking to a friend on Skype for a long time and I'm all tired and distracted lol). xD
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 55
    I got your PM! ^_^

Anyways, I still haven't tried the script. Hopefully I'll get around to it, and I can offer some advice on it. Still, it's probably more trouble then it's worth. D: It sounds pretty tough to get through, especially being in a different language.

Oh, I didn't even realize it was a list of many scripts...I was confused when I saw the "master scripts" title during the download. >_< Dangit.

Im a bit confused though, since there are no script codes added for download..

I might be drawing a blank, but I'm not entirely sure what you mean by no "script codes". =o I'm probably just not thinking straight right now (I was just talking to a friend on Skype for a long time and I'm all tired and distracted lol). xD

And I got yours! ^_^

That would be cool, Im trying to look into it aswell.. but at the moment Im working some on my project :)
    Ye, it seems like there is a demonstration of alot of scripts inside that demo.. Really awesome scripts for that matther, I was kinda blown away playing it.

Im sorry if I am a bit unclear, but what I meant was that there is nowhere to download the actual scripts, only the demos for them. Usually I download complete scripts that I copy into the script section of RPG maker, and then I can read all the instructions inside that script. Im probably missing something here though, but Im not sure how I can make the script work, without actually adding the script into the Project :P

Can you feel that?..

My Current Project:

I support:

Fade

The Hero of Rhyme
    Rep:
    Level 83
    ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    That would be cool, Im trying to look into it aswell.. but at the moment Im working some on my project :)
    Ye, it seems like there is a demonstration of alot of scripts inside that demo.. Really awesome scripts for that matther, I was kinda blown away playing it.

It was just a little thing I found. xD I wouldn't worry about getting a title screen script to work at this point. The best thing to do is to work on your game, for sure! :)

Im sorry if I am a bit unclear, but what I meant was that there is nowhere to download the actual scripts, only the demos for them. Usually I download complete scripts that I copy into the script section of RPG maker, and then I can read all the instructions inside that script. Im probably missing something here though, but Im not sure how I can make the script work, without actually adding the script into the Project :P

Ohhh! I think I see what you mean. xD Nah, it's my fault that I'm easily confused. :p Anyways, I think you can literally just copy and paste from the demo's script editor to your own. :) Just pull up both game files at the same time.
    ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

Rep:
    Level 47
    \(' v ' )/
    Your maps look neat and cozy, like I just want to run around in circles in them. I am liking the features you're planning but, won't the decision-making feature overwhelm you in the long run? So many events to do and look out for... But hey it looks like you know what you're doing, so I'm not too worried. Also did you edit the battle sprites? They look really nice