RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Need Help With a "Skilling System"

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Wow, It's been a while. But Here I Am!
Okay, First let me start off by saying I'm using Rpg Maker Vx Ace, however I can jump back to vx if need be.

Second I'm looking for help on a skilling system. Now I have seen a few around but they are either not what I need help with or not detailed. So let me explain what I am looking for and hope someone replies. :3

If you have ever player the mmorpg "Runescape" you will know what I am talking about.

Let me explain further. I'm looking for a system that lets me gather various resources like wood of fish ect. now these have been done, and are relatively easy to do. But thats not all, I also would like an exp system. One that say, you collet 1 "Log" you get x amount of exp. so that way you need 110 exp to level from 1 to 2, each log gives you x, or 5. So y is the amount of logs. y+x=z(or total exp) if z > than 110 you are level 2 and can collect better resources. See what I'm getting at. Now I'm not to good with the custom scripts. But I'm willing to give it a shot at learning some new code. Any thoughts at all would be appreciated. If this is in the wrong place move it please. And if anything here violates anything then please let me know and ill change it right away. I'm not a very avid forum user. :)

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
I haven't used VXA, but I can't imagine the eventing is much different from VX and XP, so I'll give it a shot.

Each skill would need 2 unique variables: one for the skill's XP and one for the skill's level. If you're doing, say, a fishing skill, then simply make the act of catching a fish (and attempting to catch one if that's how you want it) increase the "fishing XP" variable by a certain amount. Then, in the same event, have the game check what the "fishing skill" level is, and based on that number, have it check if the "fishing XP" variable is greater than or equal to the amount needed to level up. If it is, increase the "fishing level" variable by 1 and set the "fishing EXP" variable to 0.

Alternatively, you could simply never reset the XP variable and have it simply set the skill's level based on the amount of XP.

Rep: +0/-0Level 72
Wow, It's been a while. But Here I Am!
That's almost perfect, Now I get to screw around with variables and give it a shot. Thank you so much. :D