RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
the future helper series official topic

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
According to the dictionary, a meme is "an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture". In other words, it's something that grows popular from the act of multiple people spreading it within a group. You uploading something you created yourself, editing it yourself, and laughing at it yourself does not even remotely make it a meme. Heck, RMRK laughing and repeating "we're all dommed!" could be seen as more of a meme than what you're trying to do, and that was more to make fun of your poor grammar.

I'm trying to be nice here because I know you're young, but please settle yourself down and focus more on improving your game creation abilities and creating a good game before trying to push and promote your game through silly outlets.

signed.
How can he be so extremely full of himself?

Well, his mapping got better, that is true, but that doesn't mean that it is good, it still is horrible, it's just less horrible then before.
But, jomar, you do have improved, even if it's just a little. Anyway, it is still too early to make a game as grand as you planned this game to be.

Oh, btw, is the seven tower a special tower? "Future Helper and the seven Tower" does, in my opinion, not imply that there are seven towers but one, which is called the "Seven Tower".
so you don't understand why is called the seven tower.
here a hint

how many towers you see in the image?

and it planned as a series. because after this i'm going to make future helper science & magic: family reunion war which is part of the future helper & future helper science & magic series.

Am i a future helper when i can see into the future? Cause i saw it coming that you won't understand what i mean...
Mysterical...

Okay, i counted, now i know, that is SO OBVIOUS! It is called seven tower cause there are six towers, wow, why couldn't i think of THAT???!!!
Unbelievable!

I meant it exact like zylos was posting, and it would make perfect sense if there is only one tower named "Seven Tower", that name does not imply that there are seven.
E.g. in Pandoras Tower they call them the "13 Towers", but it is more like there is only one Tower, with thirteen towerlike buildings ontop of that one tower.

Oh, and Zylos, btw, i just looked and found out that i am male XD

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
What the hell are you even talking about? For someone complaining about a guy's English, you seem to have a pretty bad grasp of it yourself.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:00:32 AM by Acolyte »

Rep:
Level 97
Definitely better than Hitler.
2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2014 Best Musician2013 Funniest Member2013 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2013 Best Musician2013 King of RMRKFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Musician2012 Best UsernameFor frequent good quality Wiki writing [citation needed]Most entertaining member on the IRC2011 Best Musician2011 Funniest Member2010 Most Missed Member
what be English is you are???
:tinysmile:

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
According to the dictionary, a meme is "an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture". In other words, it's something that grows popular from the act of multiple people spreading it within a group. You uploading something you created yourself, editing it yourself, and laughing at it yourself does not even remotely make it a meme. Heck, RMRK laughing and repeating "we're all dommed!" could be seen as more of a meme than what you're trying to do, and that was more to make fun of your poor grammar.

I'm trying to be nice here because I know you're young, but please settle yourself down and focus more on improving your game creation abilities and creating a good game before trying to push and promote your game through silly outlets.

signed.
How can he be so extremely full of himself?

Well, his mapping got better, that is true, but that doesn't mean that it is good, it still is horrible, it's just less horrible then before.
But, jomar, you do have improved, even if it's just a little. Anyway, it is still too early to make a game as grand as you planned this game to be.

Oh, btw, is the seven tower a special tower? "Future Helper and the seven Tower" does, in my opinion, not imply that there are seven towers but one, which is called the "Seven Tower".
so you don't understand why is called the seven tower.
here a hint

how many towers you see in the image?

and it planned as a series. because after this i'm going to make future helper science & magic: family reunion war which is part of the future helper & future helper science & magic series.

Am i a future helper when i can see into the future? Cause i saw it coming that you won't understand what i mean...
Mysterical...

Okay, i counted, now i know, that is SO OBVIOUS! It is called seven tower cause there are six towers, wow, why couldn't i think of THAT???!!!
Unbelievable!

I meant it exact like zylos was posting, and it would make perfect sense if there is only one tower named "Seven Tower", that name does not imply that there are seven.
E.g. in Pandoras Tower they call them the "13 Towers", but it is more like there is only one Tower, with thirteen towerlike buildings ontop of that one tower.

Oh, and Zylos, btw, i just looked and found out that i am male XD
there is 6 tower on the outside and there is 1 tower on the inside (look at the middle). so you count all the tower that make seven!!!

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
there is 6 tower on the outside and there is 1 tower on the inside (look at the middle). so you count all the tower that make seven!!!
That doesn't look like a tower.  I actually assumed that the tower was in the clouds on the floating island.

What the hell are you even talking about? For someone complaining about a guy's English, you seem to have a pretty bad grasp of it yourself.

So I'm not the only one who found that to be ironic?
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Umm, no, That one in the middle didn't probably give that 'I'm the Seven Tower', You might want to take note on that. I actually thought it was the flying island.

That doesn't look like a tower.  I actually assumed that the tower was in the clouds on the floating island.

Argh! You beat me to it  :mad:
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 07:36:49 AM by Sunny Milk »

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Zero to Hero2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
Umm, no, That one in the middle didn't probably give that 'I'm the Seven Tower', You might want to take note on that. I actually thought it was the flying island.

sooner or later i will tell you what in that floating island soon..

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
updates here is some of the screen shot.

before-main menu intro scene
Spoiler for:
this is take place in year 3XXX before He go back to year 192 to Fix what he had done which is the case the future helper and the seven towers event started.

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
A carpet in a cave?

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
A carpet in a cave?
i cannot find a ripped carpet in the tileset ya know.

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
Ripped or not, if this room doesn't belong to a castle or something like that it's strange...
May I ask, what effect you want to create with it and/or where one comes from when entering there?

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
It's perfectly reasonable to place a carpet in a cave if you play to congregate there. It'll keep your feet clean and provide comfortable grounding. If jomar wanted he could put a carpet in a volcano; there are no rules regarding where you're allowed to place carpets. I once placed a carpet on a beach.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Rep:
Level 65
Working on Monster Leader
Contestant - GIAW 9
Sure, but in my opinion it's easier to understand for everybody else, if there's an explanation of some sort.
But do as you want.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
sooner or later i will uploading some concept art as a bonus package for the game. (a.k.a. collector edition)
so check on the future helper files when version 0.3 released.

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
Please post some of this Art here, i'm really interested in your artistic skills (and i mean it like i say it, wothout any sarcasm, maybe he is very good at drawing, who knows?)

And about the carpet: sure, it CAN be there, but it looks very strange to have a carpet in a cave. But, with the right explanation, a carpet can be everywhere. It just seems out of place in that screenshot.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Technical)
Again though, I'd rather see the full, finished game as fixed and polished as possible before any "collector's editions". You can worry about advertising your game when you actually have something, preferably something worth our time.

Also no, I'm not sending you the map I made because the whole point of making it was to try to help you LEARN to make one like it on your own. I want you to show me that you can take some criticism and improve yourself as well as your game.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9

sooner or later i will tell you what in that floating island soon..

I don't care what is in the clouds.  The point I was making is that the tower in the middle looks nothing like a tower.  It looks like a big building or maybe multiple buildings if you take a quick glance at it.  To me, its like comparing an office building to a tower.

Really, some of the stuff you show us or say you plan on showing us is probably better left alone and just keep it secret until you release the full game.  We don't need a progress report every day telling us what you are doing with screenshots.  In fact, concept art is probably the only thing you should be showing off until you have your maps and grammar polished up.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9
Correct me if i am wrong, but aren't these towers supposed to be hidden? I remember something from your game like "we found the first tower", so i thought they were secret, but they are all over the place.
Has it a reason that all of them are in Angele Kingdom?

For example: You could put the Tower that is on top of the water under the water. Then it's hard to reach and actually hidden.

Rep:
Level 69
Correct me if i am wrong, but aren't these towers supposed to be hidden? I remember something from your game like "we found the first tower", so i thought they were secret, but they are all over the place.

For example: You could put the Tower that is on top of the water under the water. Then it's hard to reach and actually hidden.
If I were him, I would keep the title screen the same (just for looks) then put them in different areas of the world, that's if it is the title screen anyway.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
I'm liking the suggestions but I think the most important thing is to flesh out his story better so that when he does change their locations, their locations will make sense.

Rise From The Ashes!
Rep:
Level 91
"Time to bring the Law!"
Project of the Month winner for September 2009
Future's Savior: The Seven Towers of Time

In the year 192BF (Before Future), is a Kingdom known as Angelé, which also serves as the center of the Seven Towers of Time. A city called Central, seen as the base for technological advancement, lives a young boy name Alexander, who lived with his then-sickly mother. After trying to fight her illness for over a year, she finally meets the last thread of her life. On her deathbed, she tells Alex a secret she has been hiding from him; she is not Alex's real mother.

His mother tells him about his true family, how his mother was a brave warrior, which once saved the world from destruction and sealing the evil in the seven towers, with the power of the magical crystals. Just as she draws her last breath, her final words seal his fate:

"The Towers are weakening...the evil that was once sealed will penetrate its prison...and bring devastation to the world..."

As Alex begins to try and process this new information, his "mother" slowly closes her eyes, finally succumbing to her illness.

Alex knows what he has to do, but he knows he cannot do it alone.

The next morning, he visits the City's local pub to seek mercenaries, where he finds three more warriors up to the task. During his visit, he also hears rumours about a secret organization known as "Future's Savior", apparently helping the world become a better place behind the scenes. With his curiosity peeked, Alex begins to try and find more information on the organization, to see if they can help prevent the impending doom which looms over the world.

Will his quest be a success? Who are Future's Saviour? What will happen in the Seven Towers of Time?

u jus got prank lo

A man chooses,
Rep:
Level 92
a slave obeys
Project of the Month winner for April 2008
Spoiler for:
Future's Savior: The Seven Towers of Time

In the year 192BF (Before Future), is a Kingdom known as Angelé, which also serves as the center of the Seven Towers of Time. A city called Central, seen as the base for technological advancement, lives a young boy name Alexander, who lived with his then-sickly mother. After trying to fight her illness for over a year, she finally meets the last thread of her life. On her deathbed, she tells Alex a secret she has been hiding from him; she is not Alex's real mother.

His mother tells him about his true family, how his mother was a brave warrior, which once saved the world from destruction and sealing the evil in the seven towers, with the power of the magical crystals. Just as she draws her last breath, her final words seal his fate:

"The Towers are weakening...the evil that was once sealed will penetrate its prison...and bring devastation to the world..."

As Alex begins to try and process this new information, his "mother" slowly closes her eyes, finally succumbing to her illness.

Alex knows what he has to do, but he knows he cannot do it alone.

The next morning, he visits the City's local pub to seek mercenaries, where he finds three more warriors up to the task. During his visit, he also hears rumours about a secret organization known as "Future's Savior", apparently helping the world become a better place behind the scenes. With his curiosity peeked, Alex begins to try and find more information on the organization, to see if they can help prevent the impending doom which looms over the world.

Will his quest be a success? Who are Future's Saviour? What will happen in the Seven Towers of Time?

u jus got prank lo
Congrats, I actually got excited to actually play this and say "FUND IT" . . .

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

spoiler alert.
Spoiler for:
well the tower was shown but the location of the seven crystal is hidden...
spoiler alert also.
Spoiler for:
and also the floating island is a very secret location which in the later part of the game you will see what inside.
another one omg
Spoiler for:
the seven tower is composed of light, dark, fire, wind, air, water, and life but they are already a time traveling like thing called the time orb as seen in the intro
and some part of your story-line/theories are wrong by the way...
« Last Edit: April 28, 2012, 11:21:57 AM by jomarcenter »

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Only that last part was a spoiler.
Everything else should be included in your story plot
(I'm talking about your story section you should've included in the first post in this thread).
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3