RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
the future helper series official topic

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
I don't think you really need a tester for something like that, but I'm willing to test your installer if you feel like you really need it.

On your maps, I noticed a few oversights that you should look at.

You should be able to figure out the problems with them.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 71
It should work fine, I use the Clickteam installer for my games.  :)

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
You're acting strange. Something tells me you're not being sincere...
I agree. You came off as really sarcastic there Aco O-o

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
Sarcasm? Me? Why, I would never. :V

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2014 Zero to Hero2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Yeah guys, Aco's the queen of srz. She's like almost living with the king of sincerity and not-joking-ness.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

>o>
Rep:
Level 88
me
Is that why she's so upset? Women are weird.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII

The Hero of Rhyme
Rep:
Level 83
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
2014 Best RPG Maker User - StoryProject of the Year 20142014 Queen of RMRK2011 Best Newbie2014 Kindest Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Creativity2013 Queen of RMRKBronze SS AuthorBronze Writing ReviewerSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.GOOD!For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)2012 Best Yuyubabe Smiley;o
DIDNEY

WORL

WHIRL

??!?
Spoiler for My Games and Art:
ℒℴѵℯ❤

My Artwork Thread

The Lhuvia Tales [Current]

Ambassador [Complete]

The Postman [Complete]

The Wyvern [Complete]

Phoenix Wright: Haunted Turnabout [Complete]

Major Arcana [Cancelled]

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
now it happening again. *sigh*

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
Let's hope it stays this way.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Hey now, I wasn't intentionally trying to derail the thread. Jomar, I'm sorry. Please continue with any development updates you may have.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
We'd all love this terrible game to continue.

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
Skara, everyone starts out terribly. You should know this especially. He looks like he's starting to improve a bit. Let him.

Sperm Donor Extraordinaire
Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
Skara, everyone starts out terribly. You should know this especially. He looks like he's starting to improve a bit. Let him.

^truth.  His world map already looks a hell of a lot better than his maps have been.  That's one thing at least.
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
here is the new mapping

alex's house
Spoiler for:
this is the changes in alex's house mapping.
and later i will released some other maps images that you may like on.

and since the previous version i notice that the "I don't know why i got all? these clothes at least I'm rich!!!" quote it now turning into a meme.
so i going to submit this quote as a meme in know your meme if anyone want to.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 02:35:34 AM by jomarcenter »

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
It looks much better but it still looks like you have too much space per room  You should really cut down on the size of your rooms.  They could probably be cut down to half the size to be quite honest. 
I am out of fucks to give.  In fact, I think you owe ME some fucks.  I have insufficient fucks in the fucking account.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
the "I don't know why i got all? these clothes at least I'm rich!!!"  quote just ended up as a meme on know your meme.
check it out!
http://knowyourmeme.com/memes/i-dont-know-why-i-got-all-these-clothes-at-least-im-rich

Rep:
Level 97
2014 Most Unsung Member2014 Best RPG Maker User - Engine2013 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Best Member2012 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2012 Most Mature Member2012 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for July 20092011 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2011 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2011 Best Veteran2011 Favourite Staff Member2011 Most Mature Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Scripting)2010 Favourite Staff Member
I think "ended up" is poor word choice, as it implies that you didn't write the entry yourself.

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
According to the dictionary, a meme is "an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture". In other words, it's something that grows popular from the act of multiple people spreading it within a group. You uploading something you created yourself, editing it yourself, and laughing at it yourself does not even remotely make it a meme. Heck, RMRK laughing and repeating "we're all dommed!" could be seen as more of a meme than what you're trying to do, and that was more to make fun of your poor grammar.

I'm trying to be nice here because I know you're young, but please settle yourself down and focus more on improving your game creation abilities and creating a good game before trying to push and promote your game through silly outlets.

Rep:
Level 77
Bronze - GIAW 9
According to the dictionary, a meme is "an idea, behavior, style, or usage that spreads from person to person within a culture". In other words, it's something that grows popular from the act of multiple people spreading it within a group. You uploading something you created yourself, editing it yourself, and laughing at it yourself does not even remotely make it a meme. Heck, RMRK laughing and repeating "we're all dommed!" could be seen as more of a meme than what you're trying to do, and that was more to make fun of your poor grammar.

I'm trying to be nice here because I know you're young, but please settle yourself down and focus more on improving your game creation abilities and creating a good game before trying to push and promote your game through silly outlets.

Seriously.  Quoted for truth.

Rep:
Level 82
Soccer yarouze!
Contestant - GIAW 9

signed.
How can he be so extremely full of himself?

Well, his mapping got better, that is true, but that doesn't mean that it is good, it still is horrible, it's just less horrible then before.
But, jomar, you do have improved, even if it's just a little. Anyway, it is still too early to make a game as grand as you planned this game to be.

Oh, btw, is the seven tower a special tower? "Future Helper and the seven Tower" does, in my opinion, not imply that there are seven towers but one, which is called the "Seven Tower".

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

signed.
How can he be so extremely full of himself?

Well, his mapping got better, that is true, but that doesn't mean that it is good, it still is horrible, it's just less horrible then before.
But, jomar, you do have improved, even if it's just a little. Anyway, it is still too early to make a game as grand as you planned this game to be.

Oh, btw, is the seven tower a special tower? "Future Helper and the seven Tower" does, in my opinion, not imply that there are seven towers but one, which is called the "Seven Tower".
so you don't understand why is called the seven tower.
here a hint

how many towers you see in the image?

and it planned as a series. because after this i'm going to make future helper science & magic: family reunion war which is part of the future helper & future helper science & magic series.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2012, 06:16:53 AM by jomarcenter »

Furry Philosopher
Rep:
Level 94
Rawr?
2013 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)Randomizer - GIAW 11Gold - GIAW 11 (Hard)Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2012 Best RPG Maker User (Mapping)2012 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantGold - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for September 2008For taking a crack at the RMRK Wiki2011 Best RPG Maker User (Programming)2011 Best Veteran2011 Kindest Member2010 Best RPG Maker User (Events)2010 Best RPG Maker User (Story)
I believe she was referring to the fact that your title lacks a plural form for "tower", thus making it sound like there is only one single tower which goes by the name "Seven".

Also, for reference. Your maps are improving, but you still need a lot of work. Compare this quick fifteen minute mockup I made based on your latest screenshot to what you've got now of Alex's house:

Now, I'm not much of a mapper, I absolutely loath most of the VX tilesets, and didn't even finish filling out what details I wanted to add in. I don't even have the slightest idea what's supposed to be where, I'm only basing the mockup on the map you showed us. But, I think everyone here would agree that my mockup's mapping here is superior to your mapping, no boasting intended. Why do you think that may be? What differences do you see between mine and yours? What do you think you can do to improve yours?

For starters, add some symmetry. It doesn't ever have to be exact, but look how uneven yours is. You've got walls jutting waaaay out of position, and rooms startlingly larger than other ones despite being in the same hallway with a staircase that's clearly supposed to be centered. Organize your blueprint so that it makes more sense of an actual house someone would live in. Next, cut down on size to be a bit more practical. Hell, even the rooms in mine are a bit too spacious, especially the bedroom. Who has a bedroom the size of a living room? Once you've cut it down to be a more realistic size, fill up the blank spaces with some detail, as much as would seem appropriate if you were to actually be in that room. Do whatever you can to make sure the room doesn't feel empty, but without going overboard and adding so much that it looks like Enterbrain vomited its RTP onto your map. Thirdly, watch where your walls are. If you have a ceiling tile, make sure you include a wall tile to go with it, or else it'll just look weird.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
I believe she was referring to the fact that your title lacks a plural form for "tower", thus making it sound like there is only one single tower which goes by the name "Seven".

Also, for reference. Your maps are improving, but you still need a lot of work. Compare this quick fifteen minute mockup I made based on your latest screenshot to what you've got now of Alex's house:

Now, I'm not much of a mapper, I absolutely loath most of the VX tilesets, and didn't even finish filling out what details I wanted to add in. I don't even have the slightest idea what's supposed to be where, I'm only basing the mockup on the map you showed us. But, I think everyone here would agree that my mockup's mapping here is superior to your mapping, no boasting intended. Why do you think that may be? What differences do you see between mine and yours? What do you think you can do to improve yours?

For starters, add some symmetry. It doesn't ever have to be exact, but look how uneven yours is. You've got walls jutting waaaay out of position, and rooms startlingly larger than other ones despite being in the same hallway with a staircase that's clearly supposed to be centered. Organize your blueprint so that it makes more sense of an actual house someone would live in. Next, cut down on size to be a bit more practical. Hell, even the rooms in mine are a bit too spacious, especially the bedroom. Who has a bedroom the size of a living room? Once you've cut it down to be a more realistic size, fill up the blank spaces with some detail, as much as would seem appropriate if you were to actually be in that room. Do whatever you can to make sure the room doesn't feel empty, but without going overboard and adding so much that it looks like Enterbrain vomited its RTP onto your map. Thirdly, watch where your walls are. If you have a ceiling tile, make sure you include a wall tile to go with it, or else it'll just look weird.
thank for the help and also i was thinking using that map version, can you upload the map file to somewhere and pm me. at least you give me an idea for other maps.