RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
the future helper series official topic

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
This entire thing is getting out of hand, don't you all think?

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
Contestant - GIAW 10Contestant - GIAW 9
This entire thing is getting out of hand, don't you all think?
Yes.

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
Don't worry, I'm just about done with writing down my feedback for the most recent GIAW entry I played.

Up next is Jomarcenter's, and I can post my opinion in a thread if I so please.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

All scripts can be found at: https://pastebin.com/u/diamondandplatinum3

Rep:
Level 82
Don't worry, I'm just about done with writing down my feedback for the most recent GIAW entry I played.

Up next is Jomarcenter's, and I can post my opinion in a thread if I so please.

It's one thing reviewing the game for it's value and merits/demerits - but this little shenanigan shouldn't affect your judgement.

I'm also certain Gracie's concern stems from goading and encouraging someone who clearly is at a disadvantage. By that, I mean that on the face of it, it doesn't seem as though Jomarcenter understands the language quite well enough, nor the hidden intention behind the replies he gets.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
2012 Best Newbie2012 Most Unsung MemberFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots
The shenanigan(erie) will not be affecting my judgement. I will post exactly what I thought of the game and the mistakes I find in it.

I will also mention how it was handed in rather early and that that would have probably contributed to what I see.

However, if the game is indeed good and has potential, I will be mentioning this as such.

But as of right now, I don't have much hope for it.

We will see if I am proven wrong.
All of my scripts are totally free to use for commercial use. You don't need to ask me for permission. I'm too lazy to update every single script post I ever made with this addendum. So ignore whatever "rule" I posted there. :)

Rep:
Level 82
I know you're an objective guy when it comes to reviewing things. I'm just acting as an unofficial Whip I guess. Make sure things are clear and understood. I have a dislike for unfairness and outside influences affecting a decision is all.
(Why do I always feel like it's the end of the world and I'm the last man standing?)

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
Playing through and writing my review of Future Helper. I will admit to it being every bit as hilarious as any of us thought it would be.
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
I've played it. It's a half hour demo that gives you no indication whatsoever as to what's actually going on. All I know is that his mum isn't his mum, slimes and bats everywhere, and Jenifer/Jade B Savior works in the future or something... THAT'S IT.

moew
Rep:
Level 91
Queen Princess
2013 Most Missed Member2012 Most Missed Member;o hee hee <3For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki
I've played it. It's a half hour demo that gives you no indication whatsoever as to what's actually going on. All I know is that his mum isn't his mum, slimes and bats everywhere, and Jenifer/Jade B Savior works in the future or something... THAT'S IT.

Don't worry I screencapped the infodump

Spoiler for oh my god it gets better:

« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 12:46:25 PM by Skanker »
:taco: :taco: :taco:

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
"evil had try to kill him for no reasons"

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM

your running version 0.1C which 0.1D and above all the grammar had been fix...

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy

What? That made no sense whatsoever.

Anyway, the game hurts. Might make memes out of its terrible, terrible content.

Also, the credits. OH MY GOD the credits XD

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
Future Helpers and the Seven Towers - Jomarcenter
Spoiler for Commenting as I play:
First thing that I need to mention is that your title screen seems to have an upbeat tune going for it, I like this.

Just after starting a new game and viewing your disclaimer + prologue, I have to point out the amount of grammar errors that I can see, ‘history’ has also been spelled incorrectly, also ‘mother’ is displayed somewhat offscreen.
Please take a look into fixing them, I’m not much for playing a game which has a lot of mistakes in them. :)

You know what, I actually have to applaud this, I haven’t seen it done in any other RPG Maker game I’ve played, ever.
Spoiler for:

What the hell just happened in this scene with Jennifer?
All I got outta that was ‘Thud’, ‘Watch it’, ‘Here is my number’ (because you know, people randomly give their phone numbers to people they randomly bump into)…

Reading a newspaper, someone is wanted… I actually don’t know who that is, but apparently my character does.

Returning home and seeing my mother and some asshat saying something about turning me evil…

I am freaking lost, what the hell is going on in this game?

I’m sorry but I’ve got no clue what this is supposed to mean.
Spoiler for:

Is there a specific reason as to why I am not able to access the menu in this game?

Looking at walls of some of your maps, you don’t seem to go full 3D on them.
Spoiler for:

Again, what on earth is this supposed to mean?
Spoiler for:

I’m taking screenshots because in all honesty, I don’t think I could quote you in any of my posts ;_;

Ah, finally I can access the menu. :D

“Destroy the towers or we’re all Domed”  :rwat:

Oh ok I finished the game/Demo

Polish: 4/10
Spoiler for Reasons:
Only the RTP was being used in this project.

Without a doubt, you need to relax on the music that you’re using, it’s no fun to listen to the music if it literally changes every time I enter a house or go through a door. Seriously, cut down on how often you change the music.

The visuals were ok, I do see quite a lot of dead space in your maps, in particular are the team mates rooms, it would be a good idea to work on these maps to get them looking all nice and pretty.

Playability: 5/10
Spoiler for Reasons:
It is literally just the original scripts by Enterbrain being used in this game, the battles aren’t all that entertaining, and the monsters that have been used seem like they haven’t been well thought out.

You could’ve added a more powerful monster to fight against after beating the first few from the ‘evil 4’ guy, and this would’ve made it slightly more fun and challenging.

Everything else seemed to just be ‘take this item and do something with it’ without any specific purpose.

Ingenuity: 4/10
Spoiler for Reasons:
I spent the majority of the game wondering what the hell I just read and trying to decipher what you actually said.

As such, I probably missed most of the story. All I got out of this was that my mother is a fake and I need to do something about some crystals in some towers.

I never got a reason why I needed to do something about the crystals or why my mum was a fake, so I got no story out of this.

Entertainment:3/10
Spoiler for Reasons:
Again, I spent most of the game wondering what I just read, so it wasn’t all that fun to play. The battles themselves weren’t all that great either.

I can only give props for the battle music used (cause I really dig it :blizj:), but that credit belongs to EnterBrain and not you, so overall I didn’t think it was an entirely ‘fun’ experience.

Despite my non-positive comments however, I DO think that this game has some potential. If you get all those spelling and grammar errors fixed and pay more attention on what you’re creating rather than rushing through (which I have noticed in other GIAW entries as well; I don’t blame things looking rushed in these game as they’ve only had a week).

You DID post your game a fair few days before the contest ended, and so I think that you’ve wasted time which could’ve been used to improve your game.

Quote from: Jomarcenter
No we are actually running 0.1E, which was included in the download we were given by Modern Algebra, the header title just says that it's 0.1C.

SOON
Rep:
Level 72
Jomarcenter - MJM
First thing that I need to mention is that your title screen seems to have an upbeat tune going for it, I like this.

Just after starting a new game and viewing your disclaimer + prologue, I have to point out the amount of grammar errors that I can see, ‘history’ has also been spelled incorrectly, also ‘mother’ is displayed somewhat offscreen.
Please take a look into fixing them, I’m not much for playing a game which has a lot of mistakes in them. :)

You know what, I actually have to applaud this, I haven’t seen it done in any other RPG Maker game I’ve played, ever.
Spoiler for:

All I got outta that was ‘Thud’, ‘Watch it’, ‘Here is my number’ (because you know, people randomly give their phone numbers to people they randomly bump into)…

Reading a newspaper, someone is wanted… I actually don’t know who that is, but apparently my character does.

Returning home and seeing my mother and some asshat saying something about turning me evil…

Spoiler for:

Is there a specific reason as to why I am not able to access the menu in this game?

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

I’m taking screenshots because in all honesty, I don’t think I could quote you in any of my posts ;_;

Spoiler for Reasons:

Without a doubt, you need to relax on the music that you’re using, it’s no fun to listen to the music if it literally changes every time I enter a house or go through a door. Seriously, cut down on how often you change the music.

The visuals were ok, I do see quite a lot of dead space in your maps, in particular are the team mates rooms, it would be a good idea to work on these maps to get them looking all nice and pretty.

Spoiler for Reasons:
It is literally just the original scripts by Enterbrain being used in this game, the battles aren’t all that entertaining, and the monsters that have been used seem like they haven’t been well thought out.

You could’ve added a more powerful monster to fight against after beating the first few from the ‘evil 4’ guy, and this would’ve made it slightly more fun and challenging.

Everything else seemed to just be ‘take this item and do something with it’ without any specific purpose.

Spoiler for Reasons:
I spent the majority of the game wondering what the hell I just read and trying to decipher what you actually said.

As such, I probably missed most of the story. All I got out of this was that my mother is a fake and I need to do something about some crystals in some towers.

I never got a reason why I needed to do something about the crystals or why my mum was a fake, so I got no story out of this.

Spoiler for Reasons:
Again, I spent most of the game wondering what I just read, so it wasn’t all that fun to play. The battles themselves weren’t all that great either.

I can only give props for the battle music used (cause I really dig it :blizj:), but that credit belongs to EnterBrain and not you, so overall I didn’t think it was an entirely ‘fun’ experience.

Despite my non-positive comments however, I DO think that this game has some potential. If you get all those spelling and grammar errors fixed and pay more attention on what you’re creating rather than rushing through (which I have noticed in other GIAW entries as well; I don’t blame things looking rushed in these game as they’ve only had a week).

You DID post your game a fair few days before the contest ended, and so I think that you’ve wasted time which could’ve been used to improve your game.

No we are actually running 0.1E, which was included in the download we were given by Modern Algebra, the header title just says that it's 0.1C.
thank you for the comment since it already 10:25 pm here i will go to sleep and comment further tomorrow...
well thank you for checking the game. i will fix it tomorrow morning and released version 0.2 soon...

well i only got 22 day left before my trial end (unless if someone had a very good heart to give me the full version) :( ... and also i don't want to spend my money (and also i have no credit card or the site providing other type of payment{and i don't trust the internet to use the credit card})
well sooner or later some random company will make a prepaid card system that can use on the internet...
(you know register on their site... buy their 5$,20$,100$, etc... card on a local store... and then type the number on the site and you can buy anything online without any problem with your credit card or using it)

well good night...

Rep:
Level 57
Noun. The act of illuminating.
Contestant - GIAW 9

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for Reasons:

Spoiler for Reasons:

Spoiler for Reasons:

Spoiler for Reasons:

thank you for the comment since it already 10:25 pm here i will go to sleep and comment further tomorrow...
well thank you for checking the game. i will fix it tomorrow morning and released version 0.2 soon...

well i only got 22 day left before my trial end (unless if someone had a very good heart to give me the full version) :( ... and also i don't want to spend my money (and also i have no credit card or the site providing other type of payment{and i don't trust the internet to use the credit card})
well sooner or later some random company will make a prepaid card system that can use on the internet...
(you know register on their site... buy their 5$,20$,100$, etc... card on a local store... and then type the number on the site and you can buy anything online without any problem with your credit card or using it)

well good night...

Yes, some random company.

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy
He updated it after he sent it in for the other competition. By then it was too late.
Shame you didn't get to the credits XD

But yeah, I kept wondering what the merry f**k was happening.
Also, Jenifer ran away? No she didn't, she disappeared into thin fucking air, that's what she did.

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero
Also, Jenifer ran away? No she didn't, she disappeared into thin fucking air, that's what she did.

Hey, nice joke. Maybe you could work it into a video review you do of the game!
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy

I can't. I stole the quote from another video review XD

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
He updated it after he sent it in for the other competition. By then it was too late.

Oh no, I got to the credits.

I just didn't want to comment on the amount of self-gratitude he was giving.

And yep, Jeniffer did that too, again, didn't want to mention it.

Spoiler for:
Actually truth be told, I somehow forgot about that ;9

my name is Timothy what's yours
Rep:
Level 79
Hello
2014 Zero to Hero2014 Best IRC Quote2014 Most Missed Member2012 Zero To HeroSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantContestant - GIAW 9For frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2011 Zero to Hero

I can't. I stole the quote from another video review XD
I know.
it's like a metaphor or something i don't know

Raped by DrSword
Rep:
Level 83
Dance with the enemy

Oh no, I got to the credits.

I just didn't want to comment on the amount of self-gratitude he was giving.

And yep, Jeniffer did that too, again, didn't want to mention it.

Spoiler for:
Actually truth be told, I somehow forgot about that ;9
It was frickin hilarious.
"Living your life it not the only thing you will do for your own life" WHAT THE HELL.

Also, my summary of the whole game

Small Bat Dev
Rep:
Level 76
2012 Best Artistf*ck u >:(2011 Best Artist2010 Best NewbieParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Most Attractive Female MemberBronze - Game In A Week VII
2/10 wouldnt bang

*crack*
Rep:
Level 64
I would like to point out (before anybody complains or asks why they haven't gotten their feedback yet) that Jomarcenter was actually disqualified from the GIAW competition, so I was allowed to post what I thought of it here.

2/10 wouldnt bang
:tpg: