RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Minecraft v1.8

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
It was leaked.
Just thought you guys should know.

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
Yeah, Mojang leaked it because they wanted it tested.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
Granted, he only leaked it to specific people, pre-determined beta testers (BUT WE ARE ALL BETA TESTERS WAAH BLAH BLAH ETC), and I suppose one of those guys actually leaked it to the rest of the public.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 102
2014 Best Non-RM Creator2014 Biggest Forum Potato2014 Biggest Narcissist Award2013 Best Game Creator (Non-RM)2013 Best IRC ChatterboxParticipant - GIAW 112012 Most Successful Troll2012 Funniest Member2012 Best Use Of Avatar and Signature space2012 Best IRC ChatterboxSecret Santa 2012 ParticipantProject of the Month winner for November 2009For being a noted contributor to the RMRK Wiki2010 Best IRC Chatterbox2010 Most Successful Troll2010 Biggest Forum Couch Potato
They did? I thought they were the ones who posted it on 4chan.

Rep:
Level 96
Hmm. I dunno, I'm not 100% sure about any of it. All I heard is that 1.8 was given, by Notch, to specific groups of people for advance testing. And now it's leaked to the rest of the public, so...

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
RMVX Scripter
Mojang and Notch leaked it to the public as well, Notch posted somewhere a link in a public forum (reddit or some where can't remember) and it spread from there.

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
I'm not sure I'm going to return to minecraft until they release it fully. It's lost its luster for me and even with as much time as I've invested in it, I keep forgetting it's only a beta. It's only become fun to me by being heavily modded, and even then it's gotten kinda stale. I just hope in the end, it turns out well enough because it's such a great concept.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
It was leaked in hopes that the Bukkit Dev team and other plugin developers can get their shit together before it's fully released.

Rep:
Level 83
It was leaked in hopes that the Bukkit Dev team and other plugin developers can get their shit together before it's fully released.
Bukkit has full access to the source now. Sorry, but they don't need it. :)

Rep:
Level 96
...why are you apologizing?

Rep:
Level 69
I made a wall of sand blocks and a zombie walked right over it, it scared the shit outta me. xD

Rep:
Level 96
It is crashing literally every 20 seconds for me, right now.

Hungry
Rep:
Level 96
Mawbeast
2013 Best ArtistParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.2012 Best Game Creator (Non-RM Programs)~Bronze - GIAW 9Project of the Month winner for December 2009Project of the Month winner for August 20082011 Best Game Creator (Non RM)Gold - GIAW Halloween
Jeb_ is currently working on the 1.8pre bugs, they should be fixed (mostly) for official release.

Things Jeb_ worked today.
1.8-pre update guaranteed tomorrow, possibly more.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 10:09:55 PM by NAMKCOR »

FCF3a A+ C- D H- M P+ R T W- Z- Sf RLCT a cmn+++ d++ e++ f h+++ iw+++ j+ p sf+
Follow my project: MBlok | Find me on: Bandcamp | Twitter | Patreon

Rep:
Level 85
I solve practical problems.
For taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
that was fast

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
At least they fixed the lag from EXP orbs. That was dumb.

Bukkit has full access to the source now. Sorry, but they don't need it. :)

My comment was intended to target the plugin developers that use Bukkit, not so much the developers of Bukkit. They do not have the source. So stop haunting me.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
I don't really see the point of 1.8. I'm waiting for 1.9, that's going to be the real update. It's going to add NPCs and skills to use the EXP orbs on.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep: +0/-0Level 82
RMVX Scripter
It's been officially released(Not a pre-release but the official one available through the launcher).

Rep:
Level 83
I updated, but I am switching back. No real changes, and I like my mods. :/

Rep:
Level 102

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Rep:
Level 96
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
GIAW 14: 2nd Place (Hard Mode)2013 Zero to Hero2013 Biggest Drama WhoreParticipant - GIAW 11Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.
The pre-release didn't change much, but it looks like the official 1.8 release changed a lot.
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

Rep:
Level 83
Yeah, there are no real changes.
Ok. A couple random buildings, a new spider, a crap mod (Ender), and some UI changes. The only thing I thought was good was the hunger bar.
But... come on, no NPCs? Especially since there are more then 5 NPC mods that I know of.
He should have just waited another 3 months (or however long it takes him) to release. It's not adding much of value. (Although, some of the bug fixes and things will help make better mods... But, it's already possible so...)

TDLR: Added unfinished stuff, Notch is lazy.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
9 new crafting recipes
Clay was changed
Glass was fixed
Clouds were fixed
You can see the world map
Creative mode with flying, unlimited resources, and unlimited item selection
SPRINTING
Combat changed immensely
Three new mobs
Zombies drop rotten flesh now
Underground Ravines
Strongholds and Villages
Abandoned Mine Shafts
Mushroom Biome
Rivers flow through biomes
Ocean Biomes
Swamp Biomes
Taiga and Tundra Biomes removed
Farming changed
Food and Hunger system
Arrows get stuck on mobs when they hit
Vine blocks
Improved Shears
Redesigned HUD
New Particle Effects
Bubbles underwater
Fog gets thicker and darker the more underground you go
Void is now black and gives off particles
Multiplayer Server List
Improved Server Join Screen
Player Lists
Mods can now enter creative mode on SMP servers
Easier changing of the max level height
Terrain Generation code fixed and made tidier
Shift-Clicking items will craft the maximum possible amount of what you are trying to craft with the limit at 64 and will directly put it in your inventory without the need to drag it there. (e.g. You have 16 coal above 16 sticks and you shift click the torches, a stack of torches (64) will appear in your bottom usage bar)
Bedrock only spawns on the lowest 3 layers instead of 5.
Improved chest model with a 3D lock and an open state/animation.

"TDLR" You're wrong, deal with it

Rep:
Level 83
All were already made/fixed in mods. He didn't add anything I didn't already have that I wanted. (Except the Mushroom biome)
Except for Creative mode. I like that. But it's nothing knew.. just something he brought back. (And I could get from a mod)
And have you seen the new chests? Complete shit. It doesn't render right with the light, and it bugs out quite a bit. Yes I have redownloaded it.
So wrong? No.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
I could mod Morrowind into Oblivion, but that doesn't mean there are no real changes between the two.
Also is English your native language?