RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
Minecraft v1.8

Rep:
Level 69
pre-releases are usually glitchy right?

Rep:
Level 93
<o>_<o>
2014 Funniest MemberParticipant - GIAW 11Bronze - GIAW 92011 Best RPG Maker User (Creativity)
The game's still in beta, so it's gonna be glitchy regardless.

Rep:
Level 96
2010 Most Attractive Male Member2010 Best Musician
I haven't run in to any glitches, honestly. But apparently there are some.

:tinysmile::tinysmile:

Rep:
Level 98
2010 Best Veteran2014 Best Use of Avatar and Signature Space2014 King of RMRK2014 Favorite Staff Member2014 Best Counsel2014 Best Writer2014 Most Mature Member2014 Best IRC Chatterbox2013 Favorite Staff MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor the great victory in the Breakfast War.Secret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Best Counsel2011 Best Writer2010 Funniest Member2010 Best Writer
A good place to get a handful of what's wrong with the pre-release is the Minecraft subreddit, accessible by reddit.com/r/minecraft. Not everyone loves reddit, but Notch continually reads the reddit and talks to the community there on occasion, so people have taken to posting bugs on there for Notch to gather. From what i've seen, 1.9 is less glitchy than 1.8, on the grounds that it's not adding a TON of stuff like 1.8 was.
you awoke in a burning paperhouse
from the infinite fields of dreamless sleep

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Project of the Month winner for June 2009
Only thing I've noticed with the 1.9PR is the lilypads, murky water/grass added in the swamp biomes, re-added the snowy biomes, added the mushroom biome, added mooshroom mob, fireslime mob and that fire mob. Added the new blocks for netherbrick and netherbrick fences and spawners for the fire mob. Oh, and they added the npc's but they look stupid as hell and do nothing.

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Don't forget the snowmen

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Oh yeah lol, I think those are the best part. I can't believe I forgot them D:

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
Snowmen? And can anyone tell me what silverfish are? Idk where to find them.

Rep:
Level 69
I don't think the silverfish are out yet but then again I'm still in v1.8
They come out of stone when you mine it.

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
Silverfish are only found in Strongholds. It's a block that looks like a normal Stone Block, but it breaks real easy and when broken spawns a silverfish. Also, if you kill a silverfish it will automatically break silverfish blocks in the surrounding area forcing them to spawn as well. You can quite seriously become over-run with silverfish in an instant.

And yes, they're in 1.8.1.

Rep:
Level 96

Rep:
Level 75
How do you find strongholds? From what i have heard there are only one per world it that true?

Spoiler for:

Spoiler for:
John 3:16: For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life

Rep:
Level 69
What makes them look different from dungeons? The iron bars right?

Rep:
Level 96
Strongholds are more than just 5 x 5 squares, they have stairs, prisons, and sometimes libraries.

Rep:
Level 69
Have you found a stronghold yet?

btw check out my house :D only problem is I can't make a door lol

Rep:
Level 97
Secret Santa 2013 ParticipantSecret Santa 2012 Participant2011 Most Successful Troll
Put some stone or some shit down and make a door, I'm diggin the cactus house though

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_q5bf9oog" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_J_q5bf9oog</a>

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
How do you find strongholds? From what i have heard there are only one per world it that true?

There's 3 per world now and the only way to find them mostly is on accident. I'm not sure, but I think strongholds all have entrances from the surface but it's not fancy at all to say the least so you may have found it but you wouldn't know.

What makes them look different from dungeons? The iron bars right?

Stongholds are made out of 5 (well 6) new blocks. There's the stone brick, broken stone brick, mossy stone brick, stone brick steps and stone brick half slabs (and the iron bars). The brick is obviously different from other block types. It's pretty much a legit dungeon. Long corridors, iron doors that open via a button and then there's a few special rooms. I don't know of them all, but I know that there's a sweet 2 floor'd library room and then some random other interesting rooms. Never the less, it's amazing - if you find one. :(   I've found one, then immediately died but didn't know where I was so I lost it :(

-
Also, this:

Made this for the new server I'm on. It's obviously a volcano but it's also a jail deep on the inside. Think of Molten Core, and that's exactly what it is. The idea is that players who become jailed are teleported all the way to the furthest North West corner of the map deep into this volcano on a giant platform held up with massive chains above lava. I'll try to take a screenshot of it when I can - cause it's pretty badass.

-
here, got some:

There's an observation deck there for non-jailed players to check out the area or make fun of who's jailed there. To get to the observation deck that low, there's a SUPER fancy spiral staircase that runs down from a supported Dock building in the water just off the coast of the volcano. We had a team of builders make this last night in a few hours.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 09:23:12 PM by grafikal »

Rep:
Level 69
Multiplayer looks so epic, especially with that.

Edit: I found out if you get the elemental arrow mod and shoot a lightning arrow at a creeper it still changes it to a charged creeper.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2011, 10:10:44 PM by Scalinger2 »

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
Acolyte, is that a mod?

A-pow 2015
Rep:
Level 81
2014 Best RPG Maker User - GraphicsFor frequently finding and reporting spam and spam bots2013 Most Unsung MemberSecret Santa 2013 ParticipantFor taking arms in the name of your breakfast.How can I help you? :Da^2 + b^2 = c^2Secret Santa 2012 ParticipantSilver - GIAW 10Silver - GIAW 9Bronze - GIAW HalloweenGold - Game In A Week VII
I'm not really sure. I think it's just video editing.

Rep:
Level 69
WoW sucks anyways, but that was still impressive xD

Resource Artist
Rep:
Level 94
\\\\\
WoW doesn't actually suck, the people that play WoW suck. The community.

Rep:
Level 69
I guess I could say WoW just isn't my style. It does have a lot of content but I don't like how it looks and I also dislike how customizable it is for being an mmo. It kind of takes away its authenticity.

Rep:
Level 74
(Clever Pun Here)
I've never played Wow before. :^/