RMRK is retiring.
Registration is disabled. The site will remain online, but eventually become a read-only archive. More information.

RMRK.net has nothing to do with Blockchains, Cryptocurrency or NFTs. We have been around since the early 2000s, but there is a new group using the RMRK name that deals with those things. We have nothing to do with them.
NFTs are a scam, and if somebody is trying to persuade you to buy or invest in crypto/blockchain/NFT content, please turn them down and save your money. See this video for more information.
"Character" Size problem (XP)

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Hello all,

I'm having trouble getting a custom "character" to work properly. I have a windmill and the propeller is a character I made so when set to "Stop Animation" it would spin like a moving windmill. The propeller I have is 5x4 tiles so 20 in all. I put the sprite sheet in the game and when I choose it I only get 1 row of the  propeller so I have to make 4 separate events and choose each row of the propeller separately but this just looks silly.
Is there any way to change the selection size of the sprite sheet so I can choose the entire propeller in one character rather than making 4 different ones?
Does this make sense?

Thanks

Rep:
Level 82
Your sprites sheets can be whatever size you want. They are simply split into a 4x4 grid, no matter how large/small.

Rep: +0/-0Level 76
Yes that is true, but the size of each of the squares can change, for example a human sprite is 1x2 since it is taller than just the 1 size square. I need to get that size of the 4x4 grid to become 5x5 and I'm not sure how to go about this. The largest I could find was for the demon monster sprite which is 4x3 tiles(which is 32x32 pixels.)

Rep:
Level 87
Embrace the stillness of eternity.
The sprite sheet is split into 16 equal parts, 4x4. Simply make sure the whole image is four times the length and four times the width of the propeller, which in this case would be 640 pixels by 512 pixels altogether.